I think I'm pregnant! What will happen ??

Options
13»

Replies

• mdejoseph
    mdejoseph Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes doctors are all different. I was told not to gain more than 15lbs and then told if I didn't gain weight it was fine. I just couldn't LOSE weight. Well not more than a pound or two overall. Each doctor has a method and each patient has their own set of needs. Do what your doctor recommends. Just maintain reason with your choices. Listen to your body. :o)
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    The only person you should ask is your OB. Not to offend you but most (i haven't read the response here..but in general) here are not OB's and they are the ones that went to med school and specialized in this subject.
  • USNGirlMel
    USNGirlMel Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ..... Just eat healthy, dont "eat for two", still workout moderately, do NOT eat too much sugar

Are you diabetic??? If so, you REALLY need to watch it. Babies get glucose from diabetic mothers at a very high rate and produce their own insulin; insulin is not passed through the umbilical cord. So once the baby is born, they tend to have problems because the glucose supply is cut off but they are still producing tons of insulin.

Save your baby a trip to the NICU :-)

Try to have the baby as natural as possible also ; no c section ; way too many problems.... unless it is emergent
  • Mandypt
    Mandypt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

For the last week I have "symptoms" that make me think I might be pregnant (but it's too soon to detect it with a test...)!! I was planning it but only at the achievement of my goal (13 lb away) but life has funny ways sometimes so now, I'm wondering what will happen with my eating and exercise habit??

I know if she's overweight/obsese, I women can loose or gain much less pounds during the pregnancy but since my BMI is 24.8, can I keep my calorie intake low (1200-1400 a day) with my exercices (30 day shred 3-4 times a week) and loose fat while gaining weight from the normal modification of the body (ex. breast, blood volume, etc.) ???

Thanks for your hepl!!

you are suppose to eat 300-400 calories more while you are pregnant for the baby's nutrition...
  • USNGirlMel
    Options
    First - Pee on a stick
    Second - Find a midwife that does homebirths because OBs are a pain in the gut.
    Third - Read Henci Goer's A Thinking Woman's Guide to Childbirth.
    Fourth - Don't be stupid and eat a ton of **** while pregnant and gain 100lbs.
    I had a fantastic OB and if I had done a home birth, I would be dead.

But that's great advice. :-)

... find a good hospital . A midwife cannot provide an emergency c section if it is an emergency and the Fetal Heart Rate is decreasing or one of the MANY other things that can happen.

You can still have a natural birth at a hospital, with the safety blanket of knowing the help is there if needed..

Good luck B-)
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    First - Pee on a stick

Yeah, sorry the OB's you are referring to were "difficult" but not only was mine amazing and the only person I will trust to come close to me and any future pregnancies, he saved my daughter"s and my life. And he took such care and pride into the way he put me back together you would never know I had three c-sections.

Sure he may a pain to some body at some point but I wasn't paying him for his personality, I was paying for him because he is great at his profession.

While I think its great for some people to have home births and Doulas are amazing to have, you should be careful to knock all OB's.
  • USNGirlMel
    Options
    First - Pee on a stick

Yeah, sorry the OB's you are referring to were "difficult" but not only was mine amazing and the only person I will trust to come close to me and any future pregnancies, he saved my daughter"s and my life. And he took such care and pride into the way he put me back together you would never know I had three c-sections.

Sure he may a pain to some body at some point but I wasn't paying him for his personality, I was paying for him because he is great at his profession.

While I think its great for some people to have home births and Doulas are amazing to have, you should be careful to knock all OB's.

i agree with you 100 %

:flowerforyou:
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    " I think I'm pregnant! What will happen ?"

Congratulations! I'm pretty sure you will have a baby... :-P
    (sorry...couldn't resist!!)
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    disclaimer.png

Love this! And I am totally stealing it!
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 pounds while I was pregnant with my son in 2009, and I was overweight when I got pregnant with him, and I have PCOS.
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i think you need to see your doc. your supposed to increase your calorie intake 300 more per day while prego but i'm not sure if that goes up if you are on a very limited calorie intake to start with i.e. for weight loss. you can still exercise but again the doc will advise you on what kind and how much.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Please do not deprive yourself of any nutrients that you need.

I am a preschool teacher, I see what happens to children who face (potential) taratogens in the womb.

it goes without saying that you need to speak to someone who is not on mfp about the life you are making.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    disclaimer.png

I think I fell in love with Kenneth. What will happen?
  • eurynam
    eurynam Posts: 17
    Options
    disclaimer.png

Not looking for medical advice. Looking for women who may be or have been in the same situation to share... I think it's pretty obvious that MFP is not a reliable source of medical informations... but I get the point, it's always good to remind it.