ice cream

Options
ewai05
ewai05 Posts: 31 Member
What do you like to eat when you crave ice cream? Does any one know any ice cream that is low fat, low sugar, low calories?
wonder if that exists?

Replies

• Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    What works for me is a couple of the no sugar added Fudgesicles.

Kris
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    What do you like to eat when you crave ice cream? Does any one know any ice cream that is low fat, low sugar, low calories?
    wonder if that exists?

Weight Watchers ice creams are awesome. They come pre-portioned also so it's easy to grab n' go.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    When i want ice cream, which is most nights i eat some Ben and Jerry's

But for a lowish cal alternative look at Edy's Slow churned or skinny cow, both taste pretty good
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow or Dreyer individual cups, Skinny Cow sandwiches, Weight Watchers fudge cones, Smart Ones individual sundaes...etc. All of these I LOVE and are under 200 cals! I pretty much have one a day! :D
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero. I get it at Whole Foods and it's 150 calories for the entire pint. If you don't have WF near you, the Arctic Zero website has a store locator. Chocolate Mint and Vanilla Maple are my favorites!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Some one else posted about some 150 per pint ice cream. I can't seem to find the thread with the name of it. I LOVE ice cream.
  • soon2bhotmom
    soon2bhotmom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    If I've had a great workout and have the cals to spare, I have a serving...maybe even with a brownie and dont feel guilty for it.
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    So Delicious coconut milk ice creams and bars, sugar free, but not low fat, but a ton of fiber.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Try the frozen banana thing! I add a tsp of strawberry jam or peanut butter or chocolate. YUMMO. texture is absolutely perfect!

http://www.thekitchn.com/stepbystep-instructions-for-on-97170
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow anything is awesome!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero. I get it at Whole Foods and it's 150 calories for the entire pint. If you don't have WF near you, the Arctic Zero website has a store locator. Chocolate Mint and Vanilla Maple are my favorites!

I guess I posted too soon. This is it.
  • Karlaki
    Karlaki Posts: 74
    Options
    I go for a frozen banana. YUM!
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm eating one right now...Ice Cream Candy Bar by WW and it is deeelish! My little treat for having such a great workout :)
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I found some yoplait frozen yogurt bites, in the freezer section at walmart. they are frozen yogurt with a fruity center and rolled in granola. they are so good, and each peice only has 30 calories. i try to only eat one on the days I am craving ice cream. :tongue:
  • ChristaS
    ChristaS Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I mix some plain or vanilla yogurt with the same amount of frozen blueberries and leave it for a minute or two. the blueberries freeze the yogurt a bit, its like softserve icecream. guilt free and yummy!
  • cscgal
    cscgal Posts: 27
    Options
    Skinny Cow has AMAZING ice cream most under 150 calories
  • irishdancer23
    irishdancer23 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i love skinny cow individual cups, but DO NOT BUY MORE THAN 1 AT A TIME! or hide them...they are so good!
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    We have a local ice cream chain that offers fat-free, low sugar base ice cream for shakes, so I usually get a small shake with fresh strawberries and bananas, also Blue Bunny has frozen yogurts that are awesome..I have tried the chocolate and the strawberry-banana. You can't tell they are not ice cream!
  • meg0013
    meg0013 Posts: 102
    Options
    i eat ice cream almost every night. i like blue bell no sugar added (90 cal per half cup) or publix no sugar added (anywhere from 100-130 cal per half cup). they have tons of flavors like butter pecan, mint choc chip, moose tracks, etc.

just make sure you're eating something you actually like. there are nights like tonight where i'm craving peanut butter so i'm having publix no sugar added moose tracks. if not, you will end up disappointed and still craving something else.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Dreyers slow churned, it's less fat/cals then regular, as a treat when I have calories left. Tonight is Mint chocolate chip.