ice cream

Options

Replies

• gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow products taste full fat to me. Otherwise Edy's Slow Churned varieties are sometimes good. Each flavor is different in terms of calories.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    What do you like to eat when you crave ice cream?

ronswanson.jpg
  • flagator11
    flagator11 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Swiss Miss 100 calorie fudge bars. The BEST!!
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe on here for almond milk ice cream that you make.
    It's awesome, I love it.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow anything is awesome!
    this is exactly what i was gonna say! also, we mix a pudding cup,ff or sugar free, with a cup of free cool whip, spoon some into three cupcake cones to make "ice cream cones"/ freeze for an hr and they each make a huge ice cream cone for less than a hundred calories
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity I just looked at the nutritional info for Arctic Zero, too much sugar for me unless I could stick to 1/2C serving. If you eat the whole pint it's 20g of sugar. :( It looks like they also have bars, and one bar is 5g sugar, so that might work for me if I could find them, easier to control portions with a bar I would think.
  • aliyalevy
    Options
    Try Artic Zone. you can either buy it online or in some food stores near the gluten free section of the freezer aisle. Its 150 calories for the whole pint of ice cream:) Not bad either!
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I made me some banana yogurt Icy poles a little while back... yogurt, banana, and a little milk and golden syrup blended and frozen. 100 cals per icy pole, and whilst they are sugary and still definitely a sometimes food, the sugar comes with the fibre, calcium and vitamins of the bananas and greek style yogurt.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    1 frozen banana, 1/3 cup skim milk, 1-2 scoops vanilla WPI. Throw in a blender. More of a sludge/thickshake consistency, or put it in the freexer for 15 mins. Delicious and a great protein top up!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Edy's Slow churned

^ This right here is money in the bank son. Get some and enjoy.

I've seen it as low as 90 kcal for 1/2c and the HIGHEST I've seen it is 120kcal per half cup.

Taste = great.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I eat ice-cream almost daily.... but, I recently tried the Apple Cinnamon Chobani greek yogurt, it was SOOOO good. I ate it nearly every night before bed or as a midnight snack, with ground cinnamon and pecans or almonds mixed in. Seriously, it was so good I thought it was better than some of the ice-cream I'd been eating.
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    I love ice cream. I like the Schwan's strawberry shortcake sandwiches, or any lowfat frozen yogurt.
    I also like to have a small cup of vanilla greek yogurt with one tablespoon of dark chocolate chips on top.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :laugh: :tongue: :heart: :bigsmile: Had Artic Zero today for the first time. While it was not my Ben & Jerry's 1160 calorie Chunky Monkey. For only 150 calories it was awesome! The website has a form you can print out and take to your grocer to request them to carry it. I'm heading there in the mornin! :bigsmile: :tongue: :laugh: :happy: :bigsmile:
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Are Arctic Zone and Arctic Zero two different products? I can't find a website for Arctic Zone, does anyone know the sugar content?
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I eat kemps frozen yogurt. It's unbelievable!
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Love ice cream and eat it several days a week. Really like Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, for few calories and portion control. I also like Magnum ice cream bars...they are not awful calorie wise and make a good treat when I've got lots of calories left for the day (abt 270 cals)
  • carleyfunk
    carleyfunk Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I like to make grahm crackers with light cool whip. If you put it in the freezer it's like an ice cream sandwich.
  • jspage73
    jspage73 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero. I get it at Whole Foods and it's 150 calories for the entire pint. If you don't have WF near you, the Arctic Zero website has a store locator. Chocolate Mint and Vanilla Maple are my favorites!

These are what Dr. Oz suggests to eat for ice cream if trying to reset your "sugar" cravings. Dr. Oz is not a fan of the low sugar, low calorie, etc ice creams because of the artifical sweetners. I don't know how true...just sharing!
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    I dont really eat ice cream that much. I used to love getting ice cream while at the shops... If Im at home sometimes I like to have a frozen banana and blend it up.
  • knelson422
    Options
    cut up a couple of very ripe bananas and put them in the freezer for an hour or so. Put them in a food processor and turn it on. They get crumbly and then all of a sudden turn creamy. To me, they taste like Ben and Jerry's chunky monkey ice cream (without nuts and chocolate of course). It is really very good and worth buying the food processor if you don't have one (I got mine for about $25 one Christmas). Or put some yogurt in the freezer, but seriously, the bananas are way better.