Question for the guys

Options
13»

Replies

• ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that I absolutely love this question :)
  • lori4013
    lori4013 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Very sweet:flowerforyou:
  • ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My wife's stretch marks were caused by the three greatest gifts I ever received. My daughters.

I love every stretchmark she has.

you are simply awesome.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I have wondered the same thing. That after my son and the weight loss, my belly will look like I am wearing a really wrinkly shirt when naked. bahahaha

It is comforting to know that it doesn't matter to most guys (on here at least).
  • PeekABooGirl
    PeekABooGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm just happy to get to the point where I can see a woman's stretch marks!

Now THAT made me chuckle!
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I'm honestly surprised by the guys' responses....that's my problem though lol I generally think men are shallow @sshats
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I love all the answers to this. My husband doesn't care about mine and I do look at my "baby" stretch marks and c-sections as a reminder of my blessings. The ones I really dont like are the ones from just being fat. But am starting to see those differently too. They are kind of battle scars. And guess what, I won the battle with my weight, but with that said, I won't be in a bathing suit for a while. :)

My hope in asking this question was to find some men to encourage the women who struggle with this, maybe thinking that they aren't sexy. Your guys are awesome! Thanks for the encouragement. So nice to know there are genuinely kind men.
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Oh and this kind of attitude makes all of you men so much sexier!
  • PeekABooGirl
    Options
    If it bothers him, tell him to turn the lights off, or he's free to leave! :laugh: Seriously, I don't get why anyone (men or women) would care about such superficial flaws. As long as you love & respect the person and they treat you right, who cares if they have stretch marks or scars or dimples on their thigh or a pimple on their tush? Physical attributes can come and go....
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend complains about her stretch marks, but I really don't notice or care. Honestly, the only thing that bothers me is that they bother her.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i call them "tiger stripes" any man who is bothered by my tiger stripes obv. isnt cool enough for me!
  • tmptina
    tmptina Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    A real man doesn't hide behind eyes of judgement. He looks into the eyes of the women he meets and sees them for who they truly are. Absolutely beautiful.

Only a fool looks for 'flaws' to find only loneliness and emptiness in their relationships.
    :drinker: I love you!:laugh:
  • caretheaton
    caretheaton Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    They'll get better over time! It may take a few years, but like other scars the redness will fade and they will become less noticable. Drink lots of water! If you're not already, try to build up some muscle around the areas where your skin is starting to sag from weight loss. It will help fill out the loose skin. If you've lost a lot weight, chances are it will never be really tight. But there are things you can do to improve its appearance. Probably the best thing you can do though is learn to love your body! You've worked hard for it, and your journey is something to be proud of! If you love it, then whoever you meet will love it too!
  • PeekABooGirl
    Options
    i call them "tiger stripes" any man who is bothered by my tiger stripes obv. isnt cool enough for me!

Oh I LOVE that!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I know I'm not a male, but heres my opinion anyways...

I honestly think there are guys out there that it will bother, I think alot of guys think they get judged on the "hotness" of the girl they are dating and they become obsessive. I know guys that wont date a girl that weighs over 50kg with blonde hair, no matter how beautiful nor smart nor successful you are.Thats just the way it is, and its not isolated to boys either, i know girls whom are just as shallow. Its an unfortunate thing that some people can be so closed minded.

On the other hand, there are people out there that strive to find people with these quirks and bumps and lumps because they feel like theyre with an individual, who doesnt fit the mould.

I agree 100% with you!
    Im sure that if you find the right person, they wouldnt give a second thought to your stretch marks and may not even notice it. However, im sure that one day youll go to the beach and there will be that one **** who points them out and makes you feel like ****.

In the end, fat , skinny, tall, short, blonde , brunette or whatever, theres always a shallow ****head who doesnt like what you are....but theres always people who will love you for the same reasons
  • loobie1805
    Options
    I know of plenty of guys who have stretch marks...My husband isn't bothered by mine, and can't be doing with what he calls 'fake , barbie doll women'
  • RiverTom
    RiverTom Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Be honest.....
    I get that some guys like to have the pretty girl with the great figure on their arm but I have these questions....
    Are you turned off by a girl that has stretch marks and their skin isn't as tight as it once was?
    Would your opinion change if you knew that it was because of weight loss and hard work to get healthy?

I'm just curious...

I've got some of my own, so no, they wouldn't bother me in the slightest.