Is Coca Cola on Coke?

1235»

Replies

• mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    I'm not about to argue that Coke is good for you... I don't think even Coca-cola will tell you that! But will it hydrate you? yes! Can you use it as fuel when taking part in sport? Yes! Is it the best option in either case? No.
  • Cassi1990
    Cassi1990 Posts: 74 Member
    Very true! I also cringe when I see the Snickers commercials advertising that their candy bar "really satisfies" and is a good way for one to refuel their body for the day. And, just like Coke ads, people will believe it!
    All snickers ever did to me was make me hungrier. Their commercials are stupid
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    this fall they had some good commercials about hydration. picture this kids sports team hot day coach offers a gatorade or some type of juice / sports drink. The kid asks the coach why not just give us water.

Plain water doesn't replenish electrolytes. And electrolyte imbalance can cause death. Excessive sweating can cause an electrolyte imbalance.

Sports drinks have their place in the world. If you're just hanging out in your living room, they aren't necessary. But if you're out running around in hot weather for hours, exercising or playing sports, they can be a life-saver.

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought of that when seeing that commercial.

Gatorade actually was originally created for football players for rehydrating without imbalancing electrolytes (specifically, the Florida Gators, hence then name). The original ingredients - water, sodium, sugar, potassium, phosphate, and lemon juice. The very things needed for replenishing electrolytes.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Coca Cola is great stuff . . . for cleaning grease stains off your driveway; but keep it away from your body.

Does that work?? Would it work on interlocking? lol we have tons from the crappy newspaper delivery car.

Old fashioned clay cat litter is the best way to get grease off the cement in your garage and driveway.
  • smantha32
    Covo-cola aka COCAINE COLA is a hell of a drug

http://www.naturalnews.com/032658_Coca-Cola_cocaine.html
    And that's another point.
    Does it bother anybody that these scammers lace these drinks with addictive chemicals?
    That fact, as it stands alone, should be enough.

That and it has corn syrup in it. When I was a kid Coke had real sugar in it. We drank it by the bucket and no one got fat from it. But we went outside and played all day rather than sitting in front of the TV or computer.
    There's a big debate over whether the corn syrup in everything is causing the current obesity epidemic, but I believe it is.
  • smantha32
    The down side is that there are so many people who will believe this non sense and wonder why they take in so much sugar and are overweight.

Nobody is that stupid.

Oh trust me, there are people who ARE that stupid.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    DIET PEPSI IS A GIFT FROM GOD ;)
  • RichNice
    RichNice Posts: 66 Member
    I'm a big fan of sodas...but I don't drink them because I know that drinking them on a regular basis because I know they make my weight loss that much more difficult. But it doesn't hurt to indulge every once in awhile...
  • RichNice
    RichNice Posts: 66 Member

Don't forget diet pepsi Max
  • smantha32

lol.. I like diet Dr. Pepper and diet Root beer. I've cut back to 1 a day though finally. :)
  • AndiJ2011
    AndiJ2011 Posts: 82 Member
    soda is a treat for me, just like a piece of cake, or a candy bar.... i don't watch alot of tv so I dont know what commercials advertise.... lol... my family is from down south...

a sweet snack for us as kids was homemade peanut butter cookies or rice pudding made from the leftover rice from dinner. lol... Not directed at anyone here, but it amazes me at how obsessed people are with food. like omg do you know how many calories are in a twix! lol... i well don't eat 'em every day.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,247 Member
    soda is a treat for me, just like a piece of cake, or a candy bar.... i don't watch alot of tv so I dont know what commercials advertise.... lol... my family is from down south...

a sweet snack for us as kids was homemade peanut butter cookies or rice pudding made from the leftover rice from dinner. lol... Not directed at anyone here, but it amazes me at how obsessed people are with food. like omg do you know how many calories are in a twix! lol... i well don't eat 'em every day.

I've only had peanut butter cookies once. Bloody loved 'em! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

I've only had peanut butter cookies once. Bloody loved 'em! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip is even better!

I was trying to make those when my oven broke last week. :-( I have the dough frozen in my freezer.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,247 Member

I was trying to make those when my oven broke last week. :-( I have the dough frozen in my freezer.

Stop that now! :laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

Stop that now! :laugh:

:flowerforyou:
    Came home for lunch to find a fixed oven. Guess what I pulled out of the freezer. :-)