Diet Soda Cake?

Options
124»

Replies

• Boobarella2
    Options
    Quick, random question, can I make it a microwave mud cake? Or will I explode :/
  • BerttiBott
    BerttiBott Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is pure genius! I wonder if would work with chilled brewed coffee.
  • It works perfectly, but it comes out more dense than a cake typically would. I think adding egg whites (maybe 1 or 2) would alleviate this issue.
  • izMoco
    izMoco Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bump
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I've made the most delicious apple turnovers using mountain dew. Nobody could guess what made them taste so delicious. Here's a recipe for anyone interested:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/country-apple-dumplings/
  • subsonicbassist
    subsonicbassist Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The artificial sweeteners will probably kill you before you finish the cake :(... not srs. bump4laterkaithxbai
  • BillyJan1992
    BillyJan1992 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    diet soda cake????? hmmm never heard of this before. new creation???? sounds delicious
  • blue_eyes_
    blue_eyes_ Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried a red velvet cake? Suggestions on the flavor of soda?
  • kellylee6887
    kellylee6887 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    These all sound like super easy and super good to try. Makes me want to try them all tonight :smile:
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    bumping for refrence. I made this with vanilla cake and diet lemon/lime soda and it tasted like a Twinkie. I just forgot how simple it was to make.
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Any clue what the calorie content is compared to normal cake?
  • skinnyforcruise2013
    Options
    I've done it will all sorts of combinations.

I love the angel food cake mix with pineapple in it. That's it, just a can of pineapple. Yummy!!!
  • skinnyforcruise2013
    Options
    First of all, regular cake mixes contain sugar, so adding Diet soda would only decrease the calories a small amount and you lose the protein from the eggs--I can see using it if you have an egg allergy. However, aspartame (NutraSweet) turns bitter when baked because the chemical composition breaks down. If you find a diet soda with Splenda, it would be fine, but NutraSweet is out.

This is incorrect...I've made it dozens of times with every sort of diet and regular soda and they all turn out just fine. And seriously, does anyone eat cake for the protein in the eggs????I doubt it.
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I really want to try this!
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Any clue what the calorie content is compared to normal cake?
    Usually cake mixes have a calorie content listed on them for dry and when its all mixed together. So I'd go with the dry calorie count on whatever box you pick.
  • chylo1
    chylo1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • Sandia_Sweetie
    Sandia_Sweetie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bump for sure going to try this!