What eating plan has helped you lose at least 30 lbs?

Options
1235»

Replies

• PaulaButHag
    Options
    Glad to know I am not the only one doing the low carb / high protein plans
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I eat the food that I like and keep it within my calorie goal. That's all there is to it. And I exercise.
  • MartinHarm
    Options
    this is the first time I have tried losing weight, I started last November and have lost 43 lbs to date and loving the new me
  • Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have lost around 66 pounds, around 53 of those are from the 17 day diet, I did this from July last year until December-I am now maintaining.

I stick to as little processed food as possible now although I do have some. Lean meat, fruit, veggies, lots of protein and complex carbs-no white bread, no white pasta or white rice, only whole grain versions.

I have up to three meals at the weekend of what I want or some alcohol and I have maintained for about a month now, sometimes I might drop a pound but staying around the same, the 17 day diet is complex at first but does edicuate you a lot about food and is sustainable- you can eat carbs on it on the later cycles, just complex ones and limited amounts.

I also increased my exercise so I do at least half an hour of somethign every single day. I burn between 200 and 500 calories a day. I also try and keep withim the MFP allowance for maintaining- I would say on average between 1300 and 1500 per day net, more at weekends or if I drink but then I go back to the 17dd during the week and follow the rules of that and any weight I may have put on over the weekend seems to come right back off.

Good luck with your loss, you have to find something that works for you, I had tried lots of diets before but this has been the one that worked for me....
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting works.

Also, since I've seen a few people say it, I have to correct something. I don't care what the "Low Carb Taliban" pushes as true, white bread, white pasta, and white rice ARE COMPLEX CARBS. Meanwhile, apples, bananas, oranges, peaches, pears, are all simple carbs. Stop being brainwashed into the whole "simple is bad, complex is good" lie, because it's just that. A lie.
  • Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting works.

Also, since I've seen a few people say it, I have to correct something. I don't care what the "Low Carb Taliban" pushes as true, white bread, white pasta, and white rice ARE COMPLEX CARBS. Meanwhile, apples, bananas, oranges, peaches, pears, are all simple carbs. Stop being brainwashed into the whole "simple is bad, complex is good" lie, because it's just that. A lie.

Thanks, I know fruit is a simple carb, hence why I restrict my fruit intake to two portions a day. Surely the sentiment behind the no white processed guff is a good one- the fact is the less processed food you eat the better it is for you. The poster asked what has worked for you if you have lost over 30 pounds.... I dont think they wanted your opinion on what you feel is a complex carb or not.

I followed Weightwatchers for a while where white rice, bread etc, weightwatchers frozen ready meals were not off limits and I hardly lost any weight at all on it. Everyone is different, everyone has to find what works for them. Thats it.

:0)
  • vtpugs
    vtpugs Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    how do you post your weight loss ticker on your messages?