Help! Looking for something easy and fast for breakfast!!!

Options
barbiedollgirl
barbiedollgirl Posts: 57 Member
I am looking for something easy and fast for breakfast. I only have time in the morning to get up and get me and my 3 1/2 year old (Which seems to take forever, lol) ready. I am not sure what would be a heathly, fast, easy, and cheap breakfast idea. Something that will also keep me full till lunch time. I use to get up and fix eggs but really tired of them now. Can any one help? Thanks!

Replies

• cedwards1408
    Options
    I like eggo low fat multi grain waffles, topped with 1T peanut butter and 1/2 banana and sugar free syrup

it is tasty and stays with you until lunch my husband likes this as well it is from weight watchers
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    I have 2 dry fried eggs on 1 or 2 slices of toast, my 2 yr old daughter loves egg too, keeps me full til lunchtime.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I alternate between:

Porridge
    Eggs (I add some of tomato, cheese, spinach, ham, mushroom for variety)
    Natural yoghurt with nuts and seeds
    Wholewheat toast with either nut butter or ha,f an avocado smushed on it.
  • jennifer148q
    Options
    I eat the Nature Valley crunchy granola bars. There are 2 bars in the pack and to eat both is only 180 cals. I am pre-diabetic so I have problems with low blood sugar when I eat cereal and such for breakfast, but these don't make my sugar spike and tide me over nicely until lunch. I like the Almond crunch ones the best, but they have a variety of flavors.
    A packet of instant oatmeal is also another easy breakfast with about the same cals as the granola bars. I like the Walmart brand Maple and Brown sugar personally. Hope this helps. Good luck.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Steel-cut oats in a crock pot. I have a small crock just for this - 1 cup oats and 4 cups water, cook on low for 8-10 hours, and it's hot and ready in the morning. You can swap some of the water for apple juice, add raisins, diced fruit, cinnamon, sugar, maple syrup, or whatever to mix it up. And it will keep in the fridge for quick breakfasts over the next 3-4 days.
  • emmakeatinh
    Options
    Whats nut butter? Don't think we have this in the uk?
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I hard boil a bunch of eggs at the weekend and grab one each morning... the protein early in the day helps keep me feeling fuller.

Usually along the the egg I either grab a packet of instant oatmeal (2 minutes prep time) or a couple of pieces of fruit (no prep time)
  • thinkinthiner
    Options
    One of my favorites is a light multi- grain English muffin, toasted. Then I add two tablespoons of hummus and 1/8 cup of low fat mozzarella cheese and broil it for 3 minutes. All for 200 calories. If I 'm hungry because I just worked out I add a piece of fruit.
  • coops1989
    Options
    we have weetebix with rasins and bannana natural yohut and runny honey me my husband, teenage son and 8month old baby love it .
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Omelet Muffins

Dozen Eggs
    1-2 TBL fat free milk

Fillings - about 1 - 1 1/2 cups combined
    Chopped Onions & Peppers
    Chopped/Crumbled Meat if you want

1-2 cups Low Fat/ Fat Free Shredded Cheese
    Salt & Pepper to taste

Spray your muffin pan w/ fat free cooking spray. Poor filling ingredients into bottom of muffin cups, then pour eggs on top. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

These will freeze well, so just pop them into a freezer bag as needed on a busy morning. To reheat - microwave for a minute or two and voila!
  • BrittanyNHill
    BrittanyNHill Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1 cup of cottage cheese and a fruit cup! Its got plenty of protein and will keep you full! Or, you can quickly microwave an egg (or egg whites) stirred with a dash of milk in a bowl, toast a low fat english muffin and make a homemade and lowfat egg & cheese mcmuffin. :)
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I like eggo low fat multi grain waffles, topped with 1T peanut butter and 1/2 banana and sugar free syrup

it is tasty and stays with you until lunch my husband likes this as well it is from weight watchers

This is one of the breakfasts I ALWAYS have minus the banana and syrup. I have tried to change some things up lately. :)
  • marianfrick
    Options
    My fave low-cal breakfast: toast two pieces of whole-grain bread, spread low-fat ricotta cheese on top, and put slices of tomato on it. Delish!
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Whats nut butter? Don't think we have this in the uk?

Not sure which one they chose, but when a recipe calls for "nut butter" it usually means you can pick which ever one you like... like peanut butter, almond butter, maybe cashew butter... they just lump them all together and say "nut butter."
  • Mia74
    Mia74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Primal Noatmeal. You can make it the night before and then grab it in the morning. Takes about a total of ten minutes.

1 med banana
    3 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    1 tbs almond butter
    1/2 c. milk

Smash banana in a bowl and mix with the egg whites and whole eggs. Add milk and put in a small sauce pan on medium heat. Whisk in almond butter and keep stirring until it gets thick. I might also add about 2 tbs almond flour to thicken up a bit but you can skip it if you don't have it.

I add cinnamon for flavor and top with sliced almonds or cranberries.

Comes in around 355 and will keep you quite full until lunch!
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    apples and peanut butter is my favorite. My daughter is even catching on to it even though a week ago she told me "never tried it...never will" lol
    Cottage cheese and blueberries is good too. You can buy it in single serve containers or I just buy the larger one and split it up immediately.
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just started bagging up individual servings of oatmeal. I buy it in bulk and then add my flax, wheat bran, salt, a little brown sugar and raisins. I dump it in a bowl in the morning and add boiling water and it's ready to go!
  • kaligrl1
    Options
    I like boiled eggs in the morning, i can grab one and toss it in my bag... Also a slice of cheedar cheese.
  • lisanxd
    lisanxd Posts: 93
    Options
    I like getting a hearty bread (with nuts/seeds on it) and making toast with Laughing Cow Light Swiss spread on it. Also.. Fage greek yogurt is great. I've been getting the individual multipack from Costco (fat free with the fruit) and eating only 1/2 of the fruit for less sugar.
  • cdvidor
    Options
    I have two packages of instant oatmeal(any flavor) made with water, then a piece of fruit mid-morning and that holds me til lunch. Cheap, fast and easy.