Turbo Jammers 3/23-3/29

Options
Good Morning Jammers and welcome to a new week.

I'm in a bit of a hurry this morning. I'm going to meet my parents at the midpoint between their home and mine (which is about 2 hrs), have lunch, give away my son for the week, and then drive home. Since I think we are leaving in about an hour. I have a lot to do....eat, shower, load the car, gas up.....I really need to hurry....

But priorities, I had to stop in and start the new thread for all my turborific friends.
I hope you ladies have a great day!

Replies

• Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Jammers and welcome to a new week.

I'm in a bit of a hurry this morning. I'm going to meet my parents at the midpoint between their home and mine (which is about 2 hrs), have lunch, give away my son for the week, and then drive home. Since I think we are leaving in about an hour. I have a lot to do....eat, shower, load the car, gas up.....I really need to hurry....

But priorities, I had to stop in and start the new thread for all my turborific friends.
    I hope you ladies have a great day!
  • KirryD68
    KirryD68 Posts: 7
    Options
    Kinda new here, but I'm really happy to see other TJ fans! I got my Jam on this morning. :)
    Great to see you. :wink:
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Thank you Lyn for taking time to get our new thread started...we appreciate you so much! :flowerforyou:

Kirry...Welcome to the thread! :smile:

Well team, I made up my own TJ this morning...I did CP1 up to and including the Turbo, then I did Fat Blaster, just the 8 turbos, then I did PK&J starting after the turbo. Whew! I really wanted to kick up my cardio today since I took yesterday off and was VERY BAD food wise...I feel back on track today though!

Have a great day everyone!
    :heart:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody,
    Drevans- thanks for taking the time to getus going!! We need ya, girl!! it's going to be a fantastic week!!

Megan- You are amazing and creative - sounds like a heck of a workout!! Awesome job!! keep it up!!
    Kirry- Welcome to the thread and glad you're here. Always nice to have new faces who love love TJ like we do!

Well, started the morning a little late, didn't get out of bwed til 4:25(oh Mondays!!) but I did make time for CP2 - I just love that work out~~ 20min and Ab Jam are on for after work or FB and Ab Jam- it depends on my energy. But I'm definetly doing something else when I get home!!

Hope all have a fantastic day and I'll check in later!

Janet
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Lyn! Thanks for getting the thread started! :flowerforyou: Have a safe trip & try not to do a cartwheel after you drop Dre off. :wink:

Janet - You're an early riser like my husband, I see. He's "supposed" to be out of bed by 4:30 every morning to get to work, but I'm usually kickign him by 5:15 & cussing. :bigsmile: One can only hit the snooze button so long without getting hit from the other side of the bed.

Megan - That's one heck of a TJ you did, lady! WTG! The TK class I took on Friday was a lot like that, actually. Another different instructor & we did a couple of the Turbos from FB. I have to say, finishing off with PK&J is just insane, though. :wink: You worked your butt off!

Kirry - Welcome to the thread!

Good morning to everyone else! Amanda, Michele, Deedun, Andrea! :flowerforyou:

I did spinning today, but I might try to get in TS & some cardio later this afternoon. Oh, I did 1.25 miles on the elliptical after spinning, too. :grumble: I get frustrated on Mondays for some reason & feel the need to burn a LOT of cals so between spinning & the elliptical, I got in 725 cals. Whatever. The end of the "weight loss" journey is trying to kill me!
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Well i managed 30mins in the gym at lunch today and tomorrow I will be going skating at lunch time which I'm looking forward to! THEN when I get home I will be TurboJamming my *kitten* off !! :laugh:

i havent TJ'ed in quite a while now and I'm missing it big time!! But I'm now back in my zone!!
  • HipsLipsMama
    Options
    i have never done Turbo Jam but am wondering, is it hard? Not exertion wise but are the moves hard? I am sooo not a dancer and not good at complicated moves. What are your guys' thoughts?
    Thanks!:smile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Well i managed 30mins in the gym at lunch today and tomorrow I will be going skating at lunch time which I'm looking forward to! THEN when I get home I will be TurboJamming my *kitten* off !! :laugh:

i havent TJ'ed in quite a while now and I'm missing it big time!! But I'm now back in my zone!!

Yay for being back in your zone! Glad you made it to the gym, Deedun! :smile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    i have never done Turbo Jam but am wondering, is it hard? Not exertion wise but are the moves hard? I am sooo not a dancer and not good at complicated moves. What are your guys' thoughts?

I think, like anything worth doing, it takes a little bit of practice. My husband is the most uncoordinated man I've ever met & he manages to do it. It took him a couple weeks, but he can do it pretty well now! There are some areas with dance moves, but most of it is kickboxing type moves. A lot of kicking & punching going on...which IMO is a great stress reliever!

If you're interested in buying it, PM me! I'm a beachbody coach & would love to help you out more!

I'm sure all the other girls in here will give you some opinions as well. We LOVE our TurboJam! :laugh:
  • megan0313
    Options

Hi There!
    I don't think the moves are hard at all...if my hubby can do them anyone can :laugh: There are alot of kicks and punches (kickboxing style) but a little bit dancier. It takes a few times to get the hang of it, but Chalene is so awesome and so much fun...and as Chalene always says...."Even the mistakes burn calories!!"
    :flowerforyou:
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I am also very uncoordinated. That being said, Chalene always says form over speed. So if I'm having a hard time with something there is that one chick doing the simplified version of it. Blast I can't remember her name. Doesn't matter. But, I'm sure that after seeing it and trying it over and over I will eventually get it just like the rest of them do.:laugh:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Hi, Turbo Jammers!!!! Hope all of you had a great weekend:smile: It's been crazy busy around here...kiddos still a tad bit sick, lots of work to get done around the house, getting ready for Ryder's 1st b-day, etc etc. I may not be on quite as much, but I'm still jammin:wink:

Enjoy the rest of your day, everyone! WTG on all of these workouts:drinker: :drinker:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Family,
    Just checking in before I'm off to add 20min and ab jam to round out the day before dinner.

To the one asking "is is hard?" I guess it depends on if you go in expecting to get it the first go round. I didnb't get the first 2nd or 3rd try, lol!! , but i sure burned a ton of calories and had a lot more fun. when you have fun working out you do it more and when you do it more it gets sooooo much easier.
    I've only been a daily jammer since jan and i still have days when i'm just so off:laugh:
    i just keep on trying ... and when you finally get something that you haven't been able to do it feels like a major accomplishment.

I hope you give it try ~ you won't be disappointed at all. AND there are 2 girls in the dvd who do the lower impact version (and still lost a TON of weight, I might add) that you can watch until you're able to do more!

Good luck!

Hope all are well and happy today! Great job on getting to the gym Deedun and back in your zone. I knew you could do it. Hi to Megan, Drevans,Gottaluv, Beans, Andrea, Orchid, and the rest of the gang!!
    Time to get jammin!!

Janet
  • KirryD68
    KirryD68 Posts: 7
    Options
    I loooooove Turbo Jam! The first couple of times can be a challenge because you're just getting familiar with the moves--and you can feel a little silly. Just keep a good attitude and keep in mind that you'll eventually get it just fine. Like it's been said before, Chalene always reminds you that even the mistakes burn calories. If you need low impact, you can always watch Mindy or Ana Rita (I'm always following her because she lost over 70lbs, like I need to...and I have arthritis in my knees). She is ripped! Anyway, just be easy on yourself, have a good sense of humor, and enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Wow where is everyone?

Welcome Kirry!

I made it safely home from my trip, but today I'm sick. I'm pretty sure I've got a weak strain of the flu. My head is pounding, my body aches, and I spent most of the evening in the bathroom. Hubby offered to stay home from work and take care of me but I sent him away. No workout for me today, we will see how I feel tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Kelly, so glad you and your family are starting to feel better...we missed you!
    Lyn, so sorry you're not feeling well (HUGS)

I'm checking in today with PK&J, Lower Body Jam and Ab Jam....

Have a great evening everyone!
    :flowerforyou:
  • pricer15
    pricer15 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    [type moves. A lot of kicking & punching going on...which IMO is a great stress reliever!

If you're interested in buying it, PM me! I'm a beachbody coach & would love to help you out more!

I'm sure all the other girls in here will give you some opinions as well. We LOVE our TurboJam! :laugh:

I have almost all of the DVDs I think, but had to stop doing them because I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis and my knees hurt all the time. I'm on newer medication now, twice a day, and I think I'd like to go back to jammin'. Any tips on how to baby my knees while TJing? I'm also quite overweight 5'9" 260), so that puts a lot of pressure on my knees in addition to the TJ moves.
  • mamiof3
    mamiof3 Posts: 39
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just got PK&J on ebay and I can't wait to get it in the mail. I'm totally hooked on Turbo Jam and feel guilty if a day goes by and I don't do it. I'm training to di a biathlon so on alternated days I run on the treadmill. Ab Jam is hard! I just did it yesterday for the first time in a long time. I guess after 3 babies, it should be. I'm really trying to work that midsection to get some definition back.

In response to "is it hard?" I guess everyithing is a bit challenging at first - it took me a few times to actually not look spastic doing the moves but you do get better and stronger each time you do the workout as Chalene says. Looking to CP3 now on ebay. Thoughts on Lower Body Jam or the video she has using the ball?
    Thanks!!
  • megan0313
    Options
    pricer,
    Mindy and Ana Rita always do the workouts low-impact which is easier on the knees, so I'd always follow them. Also, Chalene always gives great tips throughout the workouts on how to not strain you knees. I'd suggest going through the workout slowly at first to see how the moves feel and if any really bother you, just modify them by doing some low kicks and punches...you'll still get a great workout! Good Luck :flowerforyou:

mamiof3,
    I love PK&J...I'm sure you will too! Lower Body Jam is killer on your legs and butt, but I feel great after I do it. I have one of the ball videos (I think there are two), but the first 30 mins is cardio and the last 15 are ab work on the ball. I don't know if it's just cause I'm uncoordinated, but I feel like I get a better ab workout on Ab Jam...but really, I love them all! :smile:
  • mamiof3
    mamiof3 Posts: 39
    Options
    Megan,
    Thanks for the feedback! I can't wait to get PK&J. Is there anything else like Turbo Scupt that Chalene has out? Lower Body Jam sounds similar. No? Just wondering where to go next after PK&J.
    Thank you so much!