Is a glass of milk a valid mid morning snack?

Options
I always have a cup of coffee with just milk and no water (I think it's called a flat white but I'm a newbie to coffee). Does that satisfy my mid morning snack calorie requirement? For example instead of a piece of fruit or something.

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    There is no morning snack requirement
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    There is no morning snack requirement
  • baybeejulia
    baybeejulia Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I mean the whole eating every couple of hours to keep your metabolism up
  • UponThisRock
    Options
    I mean the whole eating every couple of hours to keep your metabolism up

That's a myth. Total calories is what matters, not what time you eat.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    It's not necessarily to keep your metabolism up, but to keep your blood sugar stable throughout the day without the peaks and valleys between meals.
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    milk has around 8g of protein and is a good source of calcium so it will definitely help keep away the hunger pangs.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    what the others said. i mean, i LIKE eating every four hours or so, but it is most certainly not a requirement.

and a glass of milk and a cookie as a mid morning snack? i'm salivating just thinking about it. whole milk too. none of this watered down bud light of lacteal fluid that ppl use to try and lose weight.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    It would probably be better to put Fruit Loops in there, instead of coffee.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    i like chocolate milk, for my right before bedtime snack.
  • UponThisRock
    Options
    It's not necessarily to keep your metabolism up, but to keep your blood sugar stable throughout the day without the peaks and valleys between meals.

She didn't say she had blood sugar issues
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options

Mmm Fruit Loops!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I always have a cup of coffee with just milk and no water

How do you make this? Do you microwave the milk with instant grounds or do you put milk in the coffeemaker?
  • baybeejulia
    Options
    Haha well I do have cereal and milk for breakfast but I like to have milk again.
  • baybeejulia
    Options
    I just put a spoon of Nescafé with milk and microwave it. It's amazing!
  • baybeejulia
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses guys! Just needed some clarification. And yes totally whole milk. It's either that or nothing. Skim and soy make me want to be sick!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I think it is a great snack. I never ever drank milk (except as a child) until this past week, I bought a case of Horizon organic chocolate low-fat milk singles at BJ's and I have one after my workout. Taste great, and has a good amount of calcium and protein! I got the milk idea from people on this site.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    While there is no requirement and also no proof that eating small meals can increase your metabolism, I also like to snack. It helps get my calories in and keep my hunger maintained so I don't get too ravenous. If milk keeps you full, by all means go for it. Assuming you are drinking whole milk, anyway. It's high in calories and vitamins, and if you aren't overly worried about sugar, ovaltine chocolate malt mix is amazing. Has lots of vitamins and minerals, and is actually quite good for you, in moderation.
  • shasha_84
    shasha_84 Posts: 170
    Options
    LOL I love my fruit loop coffee!
  • zoominzozo
    zoominzozo Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Amen! I believe this is what I like to call elevensies :smile:
  • zoominzozo
    zoominzozo Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    what the others said. i mean, i LIKE eating every four hours or so, but it is most certainly not a requirement.

and a glass of milk and a cookie as a mid morning snack? i'm salivating just thinking about it. whole milk too. none of this watered down bud light of lacteal fluid that ppl use to try and lose weight.

Amen! I believe this is what I like to call elevensies:tongue: