Your Skin

Options
2»

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I found a wonderful line called DHC that I LOVE!!!
    They have the best cleanser ever. It is made of an olive oil base. I know what you are thinking... ewww oil! But it is completely water soluble, and after you massage it into your whole face, you splash with water, and POOF your skin is soft, clean, not at all oily, and no need for a moisturizer afterwards. It is called Cleansing Oil
    Another product I LOVE is their "white sunscreen". smells soooo good and disappears under makeup.
    Thay also have a product called Velvet Skin Coat, which you also apply under your makeup. It makes your skin so velvety soft, and absolutely NO SHINE!
    Their facial scrub is also wondeful.
    I cannot say enough good things about this company, and it is all made of olive oil.

They always give out free samples with every order.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I just started going to a dermatologist & she gave me a line called Alyria. It's sooooo amazing! It feels so great! You can actually hear the squeeky clean sound when you're done washing your face! I'm also doing a series of chemical peels to get my skin back to being baby soft! I'll report back in the next couple weeks with the results!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!

If ya'll like sunless tanners....I have tried this new one by Malibu Hemp...it's a bronzing one and it seems to be doing good so far...doesn't really have a sunless tanner smell..but it does have a smell of coconut...I think my favorite is probably L'oreal Glow...but I couldn't find it!! :frown:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I am an Olay girl myself! I have normal/combo skin and olay works the best for me. Plus, it doesn't break me out... like ever.

I have to admit though... when I am out I use the Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion on my face. I already use this all over my body - prego or not b/c I love it. It also works great on my face!
  • magichatter06
    Options
    I am an Olay girl myself! I have normal/combo skin and olay works the best for me. Plus, it doesn't break me out... like ever.

I have to admit though... when I am out I use the Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion on my face. I already use this all over my body - prego or not b/c I love it. It also works great on my face!

Thanks! I've seen this new blemish control from Olay and I am going to see how much that is at Wal Mart .... !

I have the olay sensitive cream for day and the night cream ..but I stopped using them... can't remember why.... and then I started putting that malibu hemp at night (to try and even my skintone out) and then Fruit of The Earth Vitamin E cream in the morning!

I use to use the stick as a lip balm...but it's too big so I changed to a smaller one lol
  • sembrede
    sembrede Posts: 8
    Options
    There are plenty of knock-offs for Proactive out right now... Acne-Free is one that is available most everywhere and is a lot more affordable. Just check the "active Ingredients" to see if the percentages are all the same.

Natural products that are worth anything are going to be more expensive, unfortunately... There just isn't enough demand yet to drive prices down. Aveda products are amazing but fairly expensive and you have to buy them at the Aveda stores or salon. They are not only in the "natural" category, but the company makes sure all their ingredients are sustainably harvested and fairly traded. They are also cruelty free.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Proactive actually made my skin a lot worse. I went from a couple blemishes every few weeks to tons of little ones all over my forehead. :ohwell:

I love Noxema. I buy the generic brand. It smells and feels minty and my pores are visibly clearer. I also use the generic Phisoderm facial lotion. If I have a blemish I use benzoyl peroxide cream because salicylic acid doesn't work for me and actually seems to make my skin worse. The key to keeping my skin clear has been to wash it only once a day most of the time (twice if I am working out a lot) and keep it moisturized. That keeps it from becoming too dry and causing the sebaceous glands to overproduce oil.
  • magichatter06
    Options
    There are plenty of knock-offs for Proactive out right now... Acne-Free is one that is available most everywhere and is a lot more affordable. Just check the "active Ingredients" to see if the percentages are all the same.

Natural products that are worth anything are going to be more expensive, unfortunately... There just isn't enough demand yet to drive prices down. Aveda products are amazing but fairly expensive and you have to buy them at the Aveda stores or salon. They are not only in the "natural" category, but the company makes sure all their ingredients are sustainably harvested and fairly traded. They are also cruelty free.
    Thanks! I do like natural products...we have an organic store near where I live that I need to check out the beauty section...that is where I got my coconut oil at..

Proactive actually made my skin a lot worse. I went from a couple blemishes every few weeks to tons of little ones all over my forehead.

I love Noxema. I buy the generic brand. It smells and feels minty and my pores are visibly clearer. I also use the generic Phisoderm facial lotion. If I have a blemish I use benzoyl peroxide cream because salicylic acid doesn't work for me and actually seems to make my skin worse. The key to keeping my skin clear has been to wash it only once a day most of the time (twice if I am working out a lot) and keep it moisturized. That keeps it from becoming too dry and causing the sebaceous glands to overproduce oil.
    Sorry to hear Proactive didn't work for you!

I think I tried Noxema once and I think it didn't work for my face...haven't tried it since tho...might have to again!
    I have a tube of BP and I tried it once on a zit...didn't do too much...but I had to hide it b/c I must have put it near the toothpaste and my bf almost used it as toothpaste! :noway:

Hm, haven't tried the Phisoderm, but I have eyed it!
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I use this bee facial wash, for my face deep clean. When i shave, i hate shaving, but when i do. I get blotches on my face. So i use a bees moisturizer face wash after i shave. It seems to be working.