Is this grounds for an *kitten*-whooping?

Options
millerll
millerll Posts: 873 Member
Yesterday, I'm at the gym about to do deadlifts. I set my water bottle and towel down next to the Oly platform. I set up the bar for my warm-up set with a 45-pound bumper plate on each end. Get the bar centered on the platform (I'm anal that way), adjust the plates one more time, etc., etc. I walk 10 feet away to the trash can to put chalk on my hands so I won't leave chalk dust on the floor. I turn around, and there's some random guy doing a set of Romanians with my perfectly-set-up bar! He's facing me, and I'm just gobsmacked at the gall. :explode: So now, not only do I have to wait for him to finish his eighty-bajillion-rep set, but then I have to adjust the bar again, and re-set my head space - all the mental gymnastics you do before you do a set. :angry:

Normally, I let stuff like this go, but I have to admit I was really tempted to say something snarky right in the middle of his set. For crissakes dude, did you think I just set this bar up just for you because I'm such a nice person? And my stuff's right there on the platform, could you not see it? I think he just figured I'd wandered away and he could sneak in a quick set. Caught ya! Ha-ha!

I didn't say anything, but I did stand there and give him the stink-eye the whole time until he finished. :devil: By the time he did his last rep, I'd burned a hole into his skull with my stare. He just set the bar down, said "Sorry", and slunk away.

There's gym idiots, and then there are people who just ask for it. Next time, he gets an *kitten*-whooping........... :bigsmile:

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I couldn't agree more! *kitten* whooping or a barbell between the cheeks >.>
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I know I'm gonna get in trouble for this, but he stole a GIRL's bar?! - BWAHAHAHAHA!
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    What a dumba$$! Kudos to you for the self-control. I certainly would've had a smart-*kitten* comment - something to the nature of "I guess you didn't see me setting that up for my set".
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    sorry...I thought you were setting it up for me
  • VodkaSalad37
    VodkaSalad37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    At least he said sorry... but seriously!!

When I do a video at home, I always set up everything, my waters, my tv, move furniture... create a big open space.

For some silly reason my son thinks I made the room for him and his legos....
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more! *kitten* whooping or a barbell between the cheeks >.>
    Hmmm...wonder how many cals that burns ;)
    Sorry for the jerk wad...he needs a talkin' to.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I would have stopped him as soon as I saw him get on it... No way should you have to wait for that guy.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    What a jerk! You should have said something snarky, like pretending to be his trainer spotting him then asking for your fee. But I never have the balls to even tattle on the girls in the gym who talk on their cell phones, I just stare holes into them and sigh loudly and glare and toss my hair. But in my head, I have stinging oneliners that make them rethink their ways.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    A month from now, he'll be sitting on a couch watching re-runs of Mad Men. Let it out. use the frustration to drive your next lift.

I always drape my sweat towel over the bar. Just sayin'
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    What a JACKA$$. Totally grounds for an A$$kicking.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    On the counter to that I have seen plenty of people sit there and "set up" their bar or there area for like 5 minutes then they sit on the bench and text someone... then they lay down do one rep and then sit back up and lounge around on it. Maybe he just assumed you leaving was you leaving the bar the way you had found it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is grounds for an *kitten*-whooping. Very bad form on his part.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I would have said something like "oh sorry i set that up for me." probably didn't realize at first it was yours, then realized and was embarrassed.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    WOW. I can't believe someone would sink so low. I'm sure there was plenty of unused equipment around he could have used while he was waiting for you to finish your set. If he was simply ignorant, it's one thing, but since he said sorry, he clearly understood what he was doing. I wouldn't have been able to say anything either for fear of completely flipping out. You did the right thing by not correcting his wrong with another wrong.
  • millerll
    Options
    sorry...I thought you were setting it up for me

Nah.....you're not a tool. You would have asked to work in!
  • millerll
    Options
    I know I'm gonna get in trouble for this, but he stole a GIRL's bar?! - BWAHAHAHAHA!

LOL! I didn't think of that. Hopefully he was so embarassed that a girl was warming up with his set that he won't try that again. Especially after I followed it up with a set of 225s.
  • jwalker30
    jwalker30 Posts: 282
    Options
    kick his *kitten*, seabass
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Gold!
  • Tulipea
    Tulipea Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Maybe he likes you and was trying to show off ;P
  • robinrkirkland
    robinrkirkland Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Don't be so passive aggressive and just say something next time. There is no reason you should have had to wait when clearly it was all you.

You shouldn't feel bad when someone has to move because you were there first.