• YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    haha rule #1 is def cardio.. in zombieland :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

LOL I was about to post this :bigsmile:
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    I WANT A ZOMBIE RACE IN MY CITY!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Why do I have to live in stupid country nothing cool ever happens in :grumble: Seriously, I'll miss a REAL zombie outbreak down here.
  • amberx0578
    Options
    Ran in the first RunForYourLives race in October outside of Baltimore. It was a lot of fun, but it was also pretty crazy. Came out bruised and bleeding, but I'm still gonna do it again this year. It's nothing like a normal 5k or even a 5k obstacle course/mudrun style race - it was more sprints and walking.

My friends and I agree that this is the best example that shows how it felt during the race.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL_7UE5n9kE
    If the link doesn't work just search on youtube for "Run for Your Lives 2011, Darlington MD.mov "
  • OneLuckyRabbit
    OneLuckyRabbit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am so signing up for the zombie 5k! I love that Denver takes its zombies seriously.
  • brownsquirrel09
    brownsquirrel09 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well, now it depends on if you are talking about the original "Night Of The Living Dead" zombies or "28 Days Later" zombies. If it is NOTLD then you might have a fighting chance, but if they can book it as in 28 Days Later, well, better start training! Me, I keep my trusty Zombie Survival Guide on me at all times!

I'd just as soon be prepared for all types of zombies. I'm assuming that's the reasoning behind the variety of zombies in the 5K...so we're prepared for anything =D
  • jamielyn1369
    jamielyn1369 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been saying this for years.

But I don't need to run the fastest, I just need to run faster than you.

AMEN!!!!! I ran the 100 yard dash in high school and was pretty fast, but that was 15 years ago. Not so fast anymore... but still faster than most!!! I love that someone else trains with the zombie apocalypse on their mind! Hahahahahaha!!!!!!
  • elg1982
    elg1982 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    There's also this - (someone else posted it on MFP last week)

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

Zombies, Run! is an ultra-immersive running game for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and Android. We deliver the story straight to your headphones through orders and voice recordings.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    You could end up with zombies like in L4D and L4D2 where they were ultra fast and attracted to EVERYTHING. Oh and watch out for hunters, they like to sit on tall buildings and pounce on you when you least expect it. If you hear they scream you can pretty much out run them. Oh and witches. They sit and cry until you get too close to them and then they chase after you with razor sharp claws. Very fast...

Golden rule of surviving: You don't have to outrun the zombies, you just have to out run the guy next to you.

Sorry, I'm a zombie freak and this is the only topic that I didn't scroll through yawning at
  • qwills2cats
    qwills2cats Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am having my left arm amputated and replaced with a chainsaw. I hope it won't cut down on my 5k times too much.
  • btdublin
    btdublin Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I AM ALL ABOUT THIS STUFF. JUST READ MY PROFILE. FOR SRS. O_O

Love how you've slipped "Fit into my wedding dress" subtly into your list of zombie-beating goals!
    - NOT BEING EATEN BY ZOMBIES, ARGH!!!
    - Fit into my wedding dress.
    - Practice martial arts effectively.
    - Become effective at parkour.
  • brownsquirrel09
    brownsquirrel09 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You could end up with zombies like in L4D and L4D2 where they were ultra fast and attracted to EVERYTHING. Oh and watch out for hunters, they like to sit on tall buildings and pounce on you when you least expect it. If you hear they scream you can pretty much out run them. Oh and witches. They sit and cry until you get too close to them and then they chase after you with razor sharp claws. Very fast...

Golden rule of surviving: You don't have to outrun the zombies, you just have to out run the guy next to you.

Sorry, I'm a zombie freak and this is the only topic that I didn't scroll through yawning at

YES! I <3 L4D!!! zombies rock...and that https://www.zombiesrungame.com/ is just so much win I can't even handle it. I love this thread :laugh:
  • jeccalou
    jeccalou Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love it! My kind of motivation. Remember always go for the head shot.
  • Roshams
    Roshams Posts: 77
    Options
    I love you for posting this.

Everytime I watch a zombie movie I tell my GF..."see?? this is why we need to get in shape...to run from the zombies"

They all laugh now, but just wait....

hehe
  • Roshams
    Options
    Well, now it depends on if you are talking about the original "Night Of The Living Dead" zombies or "28 Days Later" zombies. If it is NOTLD then you might have a fighting chance, but if they can book it as in 28 Days Later, well, better start training! Me, I keep my trusty Zombie Survival Guide on me at all times!

I'd just as soon be prepared for all types of zombies. I'm assuming that's the reasoning behind the variety of zombies in the 5K...so we're prepared for anything =D

Not that I'm a zombie expert or anything...but 28 days later are not actually zombies, or dead (undead)...They're infected with the rage virus.

But still....I wanna be able to out run those suckers, they're FAST!! LOL
  • Roshams
    Options
    I thought I might spread the love to the rest of the my fitness pal world =D and it is mildly effective! I do have a bit of an irrational fear of zombies though....

Totally!
    Do you also route a new escape plan everytime you move somewhere new/?? I mean...not like I do or anything....just wondering....
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Hmmm I've been thinking about the upcoming zombie apocalypse also. Including cardio, I'm gonna work hard at the resistance training.. that way when it comes down to it, I'll be able to wield a chainsaw elegantly with only one arm and run through hoards of the undead, slaughtering them by the bunch...

And don't you DARE kill my dreams with your fancy, schmancy logic neither!
  • Roshams
    Options
    Actually, you can run this 5k AND be chased by zombies.

http://runforyourlives.com/

OMG, this is awesome! I wish they had some in Canada...I may have to go to Boston! lol
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Fair warning.... I will most likely BE a zombie :sick: cuz I already kind of feel like one. I'm freakin' tired!
    So, I'm looking forward to the zombie-like strength and having the ability to sniff-out tasty brains a mile away. Also, I always thought it would be hawt to wear torn up clothing everyday. I have a thing for clean clothes, though. I might be the only zombie at the laundromat.

P.S. I hope E-ness sees this thread
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a new DVD :)