I want that girl's butt!!!

Options
Anybody have any links or ideas for working out the glutes? I feel as though my current moves aren't cutting the mustard.. or fat for that matter. I run.. walk up uphill.. but when it comes to at-home butt exercises, I feel there must be something I'm not doing right. I don't get that "burn" that tells me I'm doing a good job!!... Any tried and true moves out there that I don't know about?

Replies

• jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Heavy squats
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    http://www.soheeleefitness.com/2012/01/23/cardio-bunny-stop-it-stop-it-now/

So yeah, squats. With heavy weights and proper form.
  • amyofftherecord
    amyofftherecord Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges, squats and lunges, squats and lunges. I hate them, but I was born with my dad's butt, and now I'm morphing it into a proper "girl's bum". So say it with me: squats and lunges, squats and lunges, squats and lunges.
  • ingies2011
    ingies2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Sit down on a chair, and lift one leg up a few inches off the floor, then lean forward and go to get up using only the leg that is still on the ground, and don't touch the other leg down as you get up, repeat this 10 or so times in sets of 3, you will feel where your butt is tomorrow!!
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind genetics plays a part too.
  • Charlieh16
    Charlieh16 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Lay on your side with the leg that is on the floor bent. Raise and lower the other leg leaving a gap between both legs when lowering. Do this continuously and i garuntee you will have a burn through your butt that you have never felt before :tongue:
  • elsalily
    elsalily Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    leg raises, standing up to the side, diagonally backwards and to the back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo8i5vuRvYw

this video for proper posture, the ones going diagonally back, and backwards (not shown but basic posture is the same) work best on the lower part of the buttocks IMO,
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I just started Pauline Nodine's Butt bible and am only on level 2 (out of 3) but am hoping for some good results! It's definitely a hard workout on your butt.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Heavy squats and leg presses taken deep. Will develop and give you the best butt in the world :happy:
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I would have to say leg lifts (back and diagonal), leg lifts with 5lb weight, lunges, and squats; just make sure the squats are being done correctly...through your heels.
  • Shaysuki926
    Shaysuki926 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels "Killer Buns and Thighs"...is just that and you effing FEEL it afterwards.
  • momtocanda
    Options
    Power step ups. Stand facing a work out bench and use one leg to step up on the bench and drive the other knee to your chest, don't touch the bench with the moving leg, keep repeating and then switch after 30 seconds. You will feel that! And bonus your thighs will match your butt!
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    283304632779084974_6m2KFBn5_c.jpg

heavy weights, I have seen the difference in my backside. :)

Weighted lunges, weighted squats - heavy weights for you equals fast results. You also need to loose excess bodyfat.

many exercises with "how toos" here

http://www.divine.ca/en/fitness-and-nutrition/exercise-finder/c_266/?do=by_part&part_id=4&muscle_id=
  • ThinningDownChick
    ThinningDownChick Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    DEEP HEAVY lunges, ATF squats, split lunges, deadlifts, stair running, step ups are a few of my favorite!!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    DEEP HEAVY lunges, ATF squats, split lunges, deadlifts, stair running, step ups are a few of my favorite!!

Exactly :love:
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    283304632779084974_6m2KFBn5_c.jpg

heavy weights, I have seen the difference in my backside. :)

Weighted lunges, weighted squats - heavy weights for you equals fast results. You also need to loose excess bodyfat.

many exercises with "how toos" here

http://www.divine.ca/en/fitness-and-nutrition/exercise-finder/c_266/?do=by_part&part_id=4&muscle_id=

:laugh: I love this pic! Butt Bible is great and if you do level 3, trust me you WILL feel the burn and you WILL be sore. :0. I've been doing it for 6 months now (wow what?!). It's my fav. workout by far.
    *pinned this pic*
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a noticeable difference, esp after level 3?
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm OBSESSED with these responses!! So many ideas, I'm actually excited to try them out! Thanks friends!! And anyone feel free to add me.. Teamwork! :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Brazillian Butt Lift has some good exercises for the butt. Even if you don't want to spend the $ for the DVDs, you can google it and see examples of many of the exercises.
  • NewTeena
    NewTeena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You can have mine! (joking)