Anti-Cheese Billboards.. Really?? (pic)

Options
cheese-ads-article.jpg

"Did These Anti-Cheese Billboards Go Too Far? - The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine's new anti-obesity ad campaign targets cheese as the culprit is causing quite a stir. But is it the right message?"

Are you kidding me?? Yes, they have gone too far! These campaigns make it seem like human beings are not capable of this thing called MODERATION. Instead, The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine goes straight into shock therapy, and tries to scary people out of eating cheese.

Things like this really grind my gears! Am I the only one to feel this way??

( To see the article: http://www.everydayhealth.com/weight/0124/did-these-cheese-billboards-go-too-far.aspx?xid=aol_eh-diet_11_20120123_&aolcat=EFG&icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl11|sec1_lnk2&pLid=129957 )

Replies

• pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'd be more understanding if it was your thighs/ abs on donuts or potato chips. But really? cheese?
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's dumb. There's nothing evil about cheese, it has a place in a healthy diet. Why target "real" food instead of processed junk?
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    "Your thighs on a calorific surplus"

Hate this ill informed nonesense
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    The PCRM can suck it sideways.
  • mebemini2012
    Options
    They are using the media scare tacktic to scare people into cutting certain foods out of there diets. Not going to lie with some scare tacktic ads its worked for me, however, those were more convincing and not as extreme, This one is! I don't know of one person who became obese from just cheese.
  • liquidjem
    liquidjem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Uhh I eat cheese and I don't look like that...I have my fair share of "fluff" but I guarantee it isn't because of cheese...That's crazy...just like making the poor cookie monster give up his cookies...all because some kid ate 20 cookies instead of 2, now all kids are supposed to give up cookies...Now someone has told a DR. that they have a cheese problem, so now we are all supposed to give up cheese...yeah...
  • cryssybaby77
    cryssybaby77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Its Nonsense..My bet Vegans trying to get people to stop eating Dairy?
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Ugh!

Let me guess - those people in the ads have been eating healthy, in moderation and at the very most, had a couple slices of cheese a day - and it's the EVIL CHEESE THAT DID THAT!

Yeah okay....

L.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    <
    these arms fueled by cheese.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Cheese didn't make me fat. (Maybe that's a bumper sticker!)
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    So they are saying it was cheese that made me fat?!?! How about candy, cookies, and fast food?!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Thank you!

Vegan propaganda. Nothing more.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options

"An advocate of low-fat vegan diets."

gah!
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    LOL!! Cheese didn't make me fat...it was...ready?? NOT PUTTING THE FORK DOWN!!! :laugh:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    That's ridiculous. Let's face it, French and Italian women eat cheese every day and aren't exactly burdened by obesity.

I've eaten cheese pretty much every day since I joined MFP and I'm still losing :smile:
  • GlenWalterGal
    GlenWalterGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I guess if they had their way, we'd all be eating grass..I see campaigns against meat, against sugar, against wheat products and now cheese.....I wonder what is the REAL purpose behind those campaigns. Tobacco is still legal and in Canada, they're trying to legalize marijuana but...nah!!! let's have a campaign against cheese...the world is gone bonkers. What ever happened to the human mind that we are now too dumb to decide for ourselves . . . Just don't eat a whole pound at one sitting, everything in moderation please.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    our society puts cheese on just about everything. i gave up dairy this year all together except an occasional 1/8c of feta on a salad a few times and nonfat plain greek yogurt.. my stomach isnt bloated and full of gas anymore because of that move ..and i am aiming to get my cholesterol lowered. cheese in moderation is not bad but really how many people actually eat anything in moderation these days . i find the billboard just making you think about how much cheese you eat and what it can do to you. cheese is also loaded with sodium ,fat ,cholesterol and calories.It is also the number one source of bad fat. A 1 inch cube of cheddar cheese has 9 grams of fat.. who eats just one inch cube of cheddar?

Look at the cheese they throw on meats, nachos , mac and cheese ect.. there is no 1"inch cube of cheddar in anything I mentioned
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Before you attack the billboards, I would advise you to read the book Whitewashed: The Disturbing Truth about Cow's Milk and Your Health. Milk products are not all they are cracked up to be. Many people are not aware that 2% milk has approximately 34 calories of fat for every 100 calories (34% fat).

Milk is linked to obesity, heart disease, cataracts, cancer (ovarian, breast, and prostate), Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, arthritis/joint pain, allergy/headaches/back pain, Crohn's disease, infertility, severe menstrual cramps, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (basically mad-cow disease in humans), and tuberculosis.

The cassein in cow's milk is what causes most of the problems when it comes to diseases caused by milk. Cassein is more concentrated in cheese.

When a calf drinks it's mother's milk, its weight doubles in 47 days. Cow's milk contains 15% calories as protein. Human's milk contains 5% calories as protein. Children who drink cow's milk are often overweight due to the doubling rate of cow's milk. Clearly, human's were not meant to drink cow's milk or eat products made from cow's milk. If we were, we would not suffer so many disease from cow's milk.

Now, with hormones being injected into cows to make them produce more milk, we are seeing children developing faster than they should be. Seven year old girls now have breast and boys are getting breast as well. All from tainted cow's milk. Since cheese is made from cow's milk, it is included as being a culprit to this early development process.

All I am saying is that one needs to read about how detrimental certain foods, such as cow's milk, are to humans before condemning any advertisement.

One thing for you to meditate upon: Human's are the only mammals that drink the milk of another mammal. That milk was specially formulated for that mammal's offspring, not for humans. So drinking that milk is not good for humans because it has an overabundance of nutrients in it that were meant to help the calf grow. No wonder Americans are overweight. They drink and eat more milk and milk products than any other people on this planet.

Yes, the fact that we are obese in the U.S. can also be blamed for over-eating other foods and our penchant for sitting around like lazy pigs, but lets look at the foods we eat and understand how they affect our bodies before it is too late. And let's not count on the FDA for protection from the agricultural industry and the foods that it produces. They've done a perfectly crappy job of protecting us so far.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Well then...BACK AWAY from the Gouda!

*sigh* poor cheese.