Wal-Mart has it out for me...I swear!

Options
13»

Replies

• BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Okay.. how is it Wal Mart's fault?

The bags are on the turn thing - you are supposed to load your bags into your cart as the cashier bags them. At the end, I ALWAYS ask "Did I get it all?" in case they forgot to spin it or whatever. It takes two extra seconds to double check. It annoys me when people want to blame the cashier or someone else because THEY didn't get all their stuff. It isn't their job to load your cart for you. It is their job to ring it up and put it in a bag for you. The rest is up to you.

^ what they said. Your responsibility to get your own stuff. The cashiers have about 20 things they're doing at once, all you're doing it paying them & grabbing your groceries, then placing them in your cart...Also, you can simply take your receipt back & show them what was missing...
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I didn't say it was THEIR fault. And in fact I actually said it was mine. All I said is that it was aggravating especially when, LIKE YESTERDAY, they are loading the cart (I didnt ask, she just did it) as i'm righting a check or whatever, and tending to two kids.
    I got my groceries replaced so I really don't care. but its still annoying to have to waste the gas .
    Your statements gave that impression that you felt that Walmart was at least partially responsible, or that their employees were "keeping" your food.
    Wal-Mart has it out for me...I swear! ...The check out lady should say HEY! You forgot a bag! ... I swear!WHY'D SHE KEEP MY MILK?!?! ... First they kept my rack of Ribs and roast. Now our milk. GRR!
    The responsibility boils down to you checking the carousel before you leave. Why villainize the store, or place any the blame with them?

That carousel thing is why I always check to make sure nothing is left behind. I can see how it'd be easy to do.
    I'm sure no one at Walmart is keeping things on purpose or has it in for anyone.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I blame Walmart carts whenever I get sick.

On another note, I know the cashiers are supposed to fill out some paper at customer service whenever a customer leaves items behind & they shouldn't give you any grief about getting your stuff when you go back. I've actually pointed out a bag left by the customer before me, & the girl ran after the guy to get it to him. I'm usually shopping with my 4 kids between 3 - 10 years old by myself & always check the wheel of bags to make sure I have all of my stuff.
  • Cassi1990
    Cassi1990 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Oh dear God. i dont understand why yall cant read the "its actually probably my fault" and want to continue saying im blaming anyone else. lmao. Ok people. have a good day. i can be more productive doing something else. i dont need to try to defend myself on a stupid website of people who dont read or listen.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I swear that ONLY happens to me in Walmart. Never in Target or any other store, just Walmart. I wonder why...??? :huh:

I think it's the carousel set up.
  • KathyReinhart
    KathyReinhart Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ok I totally understand being a bit distracted when you are shopping with your kids and that makes it very difficult to bag it yourself. My bloodpressure is at its highest when I shop with my kids. It isn't your fault as some of the other posters have implied. This has happened to me. Luckily I don't live far away and went back in and they had my items. What I do now is ask the cashier as I'm leaving if I have everything. I think shopping with kids is one of the hardest things a mom ever does! I am of the opinion that Walmart doesn't pay their employees enough and you get what you pay for.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    like i said i got my groceries replaced. i dont care.
    Oh, really?
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Or cleaning supplies with my food.
    Just what are y'all using as "Cleaning supplies"?

Mine are food products, I use them for baking or pickling. There's not a "product" out there for cleaning that touches everything that my vinegar and baking soda does... and they're food items so no worries about mix and match for bags :P
  • NalasMama
    Options
    I do most my shopping at Sam's Club... they so not offer bagging your purchases so you have to find an empty box they have up front for you to place your purchases once the cashier scanned all the food items. It's just my hubby and I but it limits the amount of times I have to be near foods that I shouldn't be pruchasing. Mainly I shop for chicken and I love their fruits and fresh veggies. I cannot eat beef but I can pick up some amazing ribeyes for my hubby here. Our local store is VERY busy this time of year (snow birds are in Florida) so the meat, fruits, and veggies are always very fresh!

If I do have to go to Walmart, I ALWAYS bring my own "green" bags because the cashiers depsise them. They complain that it takes them extra time to get them ready to pack. No problem, I always help and place them on the bag holders for them. I tell them to load them up as full as they can. I also tell them no plastic bags at all this way I can look over and see that nothing is left to be bagged. If I do buy meat from there, which is VERY rare, I will put the meat into a plastic bag and then place it into one of my cloth bags. Walmart has a history of treating their employees pretty badly and unfortunately that is handed down to the customer level. I understand having a bad day however if they are going to charge you for an item they need to be diligent and ensure you take ALL your purchases with you.
  • NalasMama
    Options
    Ha! I blame the Wal-Mart carts too for bringing any type of illness into my home so now I carry the small sample size bag of Clorox wipes and have no problem wiping down the handle of the cart and my hands after touching the credit/debit machine where you swipe your card for payments. I will even have a wipe ready to cover my hand while entering in my pin # when using my debit card. However, where I live I am quite convinced that there are many creepy airborne issues too. Maybe a gas mask would be a bit too much and the stares would be humorous. After all, they are still wearing masks in China from the bird flu issues. If you have OCD Wal-Mart wouldn't be the first thing on your "to-do" list! LOL!

I live in Florida and we have Publix Supermarkets who truly cater to their customers, of course, the groceries are a much higher price because of the service they offer but they do offer great sales and many BOGO items as well. They have a container full of anti-bacterial wipes for customers to wipe down the cart handles and you can grab extra for touching the freezer doors and for the debit/credit machine when paying the cashier.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    If you have a receipt, they will usually allow you to get those items for free. you can usually tell by your receipt what bag was forgotten.