Sisterhood HCP Week 10

Options
MissResa
MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
Good morning, all! I just wanted to start the new thread up before I went to bed, so it would be up and running for all of ya! Hope everyone had a great week-I didn't work out for 6 days with all the craziness going around here, but I did play volleyball last night. I'm not expecting good numbers... But I'm officially back at it, and watching what I'm eating and working out again. Talk to you all later!

Replies

• MissResa
    Options
    Good morning, all! I just wanted to start the new thread up before I went to bed, so it would be up and running for all of ya! Hope everyone had a great week-I didn't work out for 6 days with all the craziness going around here, but I did play volleyball last night. I'm not expecting good numbers... But I'm officially back at it, and watching what I'm eating and working out again. Talk to you all later!
  • Kristihgp
    Kristihgp Posts: 49
    Options
    Kacee, our fearless leader, is down 2 lbs!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Here's the update on her "calving season saga"...LOL!! They had a major blizzard over night and there were 5 "popsicle calves" as she calls them. :ohwell: They lost one though!! :sad: Ears frozen, icicles hanging off their poor little noses...so, she's feeding them in the barn. Which of course, takes constant (like every 2-3 hours) feeding!! Just like real babies!!

So, last night, they had to go out throuout the ranch and check for calves, got the truck stuck in the snow, so her and her hunny were pushing, pulling and trying any means possible to get the truck out!! She is thinking she lost both those pounds at 2:00 this morning when most of this was going on!! :noway: They now have 150 babies "on the ground", and have only lost 2!! In addition to that, they have 4 sets of twins!! :happy:

She says hello...and hoping to get into town in the next week or so to get her computer fixed...depends on the rest of the momma cows!! Only about 50 more to go I guess!! It just makes things more difficult, when you're trying to do all this with 3-4' drifts of snow, blizzard conditions and even at times RAIN, which makes ICE in those weather conditions!! :noway:

She misses the TEAM and is thankful Miss Resa that you are ok!! Congrats to all that are having a good week, to those who need to weigh today, don't be afraid!! Step on the scale and celebrate, or move on!! :tongue:

:drinker: :drinker: ROCK ON SISTERHOOD (and MISTERHOOD) :drinker: :drinker:
  • Kristihgp
    Kristihgp Posts: 49
    Options
    CHRISTINE'S POST (sorry, didn't know how to do this from the other thread, but to C/C/P!!)

I don't think there is a new thread yet. I have to say this week is not great. Due to AF and my hubby coming home I think I put on 2 lbs. I also bought a new scale and I think my old scale was 3 lbs off. So next week will be the tell all as to how much weight I have lost. Yesterday I got back to counting my calories. I had not been doing that since my hubby came home. I had also eaten out a lot and I am not eating out again at least until next week, maybe two weeks. Anyway see you all in a new thread later today!

:flowerforyou: Did you happen to post what your hunny thought of your transformation?? If you did, I'm sorry, I missed it.

Congrats on getting back on the horse...is your husband even aware that he "sabotages" you?? I don't mean that to sound bad...but sometimes, those we love us, sometimes don't even realize that their actions effect us like they do. Sure, we are in charge of our own actions...however, bad habits are much more likely to raise their ugly heads in those situations!! I'm sure (at least I hope) that your husband is incredibly proud of you and would want in no way to hurt your progress!! So, if you haven't told him how this makes you feel, you might try telling him. Make a wonderful, healthy meal, by candlelight...and share a conversation about your lives together and how eating healthy is important to you!! Keep in mind, letting him know that by you both eating, getting and staying healthy...gives you many more years together~not only with each other...but with your children as well!!
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    OK so I did not have a great week! I am not sure how much I am officially up but I think 2 lbs. I bought a new scale and my old scale was about 3 lbs off from what I figured. So here's to next week and seeing the scale move the other direction. I just had a busy few days and was not counting calories and eating out a lot. I am back on track now!
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    down .6 officially 12 pounds down but im getting frustrating i know slow and steady but this has been like quick sand for me. my parents think the stress of last week and cause i got AF may be why but i dont know anymore im still not eating cheese im drinking more water i cut down on the carbs but still no budging i cant remember the last time i hit 1 pound or more loss i walk walk walk uphill downhill sit ups weights i look like im losing and my clothes are bigger poeple comment and skirts that were up to my knee are now down at my low calf shirts are too big pants are falling down and then that damn scale :devil: shows not so much progress. ive been on 2 months and 4 days am i going crazy cause i expected a little more progress? how am i gonna get to my goal by june 1 i dont see it happening.

i know i know slow and steady wins the race.

xoxo

tortoise stuck in quick sand (ariella)

ps tell our fearless leader we miss her, and is it just me or are we dying out i mean i know we all had a bad week me too but lets make a packed to stay on this thing diet/excercise and this group cause we need each other we will get us through this fog ToGETHER
  • MissResa
    Options
    Okay, so I'm trying not to be too hard on myself after the week that I've had... But I've gained 2 pounds!:explode: I know that it's due to all the hospital scares and sick kids... No working out... But it's still disappointing! I am going to jump right back into things today, and will be working my hinny off.

My husband and I are still trying to figure out my computer-we switched to a Mac about 6 months ago. There is a really neat program called Garage Band, which allows me to take my couch 25K program from Itunes and add my own music to it. We worked on it last night, and I have my very own soundtrack to run to now... Just another reason for me to put my nose to the grindstone...
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    Okay, so I'm trying not to be too hard on myself after the week that I've had... But I've gained 2 pounds!:explode: I know that it's due to all the hospital scares and sick kids... No working out... But it's still disappointing! I am going to jump right back into things today, and will be working my hinny off.

My husband and I are still trying to figure out my computer-we switched to a Mac about 6 months ago. There is a really neat program called Garage Band, which allows me to take my couch 25K program from Itunes and add my own music to it. We worked on it last night, and I have my very own soundtrack to run to now... Just another reason for me to put my nose to the grindstone...
    Really there is a couch to 5 k on itunes? I think that would be so great. I try and try to put my music in order to motivate me but I am not good at that. I will have to look in a little while. Glad your doing ok. I missed a lot last week. I also gained 2 lbs, bad week for both of us but we can get that off in no time!
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    CHRISTINE'S POST (sorry, didn't know how to do this from the other thread, but to C/C/P!!)

I don't think there is a new thread yet. I have to say this week is not great. Due to AF and my hubby coming home I think I put on 2 lbs. I also bought a new scale and I think my old scale was 3 lbs off. So next week will be the tell all as to how much weight I have lost. Yesterday I got back to counting my calories. I had not been doing that since my hubby came home. I had also eaten out a lot and I am not eating out again at least until next week, maybe two weeks. Anyway see you all in a new thread later today!

:flowerforyou: Did you happen to post what your hunny thought of your transformation?? If you did, I'm sorry, I missed it.

Congrats on getting back on the horse...is your husband even aware that he "sabotages" you?? I don't mean that to sound bad...but sometimes, those we love us, sometimes don't even realize that their actions effect us like they do. Sure, we are in charge of our own actions...however, bad habits are much more likely to raise their ugly heads in those situations!! I'm sure (at least I hope) that your husband is incredibly proud of you and would want in no way to hurt your progress!! So, if you haven't told him how this makes you feel, you might try telling him. Make a wonderful, healthy meal, by candlelight...and share a conversation about your lives together and how eating healthy is important to you!! Keep in mind, letting him know that by you both eating, getting and staying healthy...gives you many more years together~not only with each other...but with your children as well!!

Well I am not sure, we are trying to figure this thing out together. The think is he has been gone 8 months so he wants to eat all the food he has not had. The main reason for my gaining is because of eating out. I had cut all fast food out except like once a week and resturant food only ever other week. He knows how hard I have worked and he even says to me I shouldn't eat certain things. It is just so hard for me cause if I am out eating I want to get what I want, not always what is healthy and also German's don't eat very healthy. Lots of fried foods. My hubby is trying hard cause he used to have me get his late night snack and now he gets it so I am not tempted. It is just working things out. I know I will get back on the right track, just took a detour. Military life is so crazy with all it's ups and downs. I keep saying as we discuss going to visit family, that I am scared to cause I have not eaten GOOD AMERICAN FOOD in about 16 months that I would gain back at least 10 lbs. I crave good food so much! ANyway thanks for thinking of me. I will need the help in the next few weeks.
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Uh-oh. Did I miss last weeks weigh in? :huh:

I think I might have. :embarassed: Well, last week was another maintain.

This week I'm down two pounds, which brings me to 196. :smile:

I feel bad for not being more active in these threads (maybe make that not active at all :ohwell: ) I haven't been making very much computer time.

I hope everyone has a good week!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    i lost another pound!
  • pepamint83
    Options
    good and bad all around this week but this is why we need each other to pick us up and carry us through the week

slow and steady my people slow and steady even if it feels like quick sand

xoxo

tortoise :flowerforyou:
  • MissResa
    Options
    I am so proud of our lil' group sticking with it!!! I just know that next week is going to be great for all of us... We just need to keep on working our butts off(literally) and stick to it! I did very well with calories today, and am proud to say that I still have calories left over AND have a killer workout scheduled for tonight-PLYOMETRICS, which really kicks my butt!!!

Christine-I don't know what week you are on with C25K, but there are podcasts from iTunes that you can download for free that include a voice that will tell you when to run and when to walk. I finally figured out how to add my own music to one podcast, because otherwise you have to listen to whatever music the person who made it picked out... Let me know if you have any questions...
  • pepamint83
    Options
    ok so as ive been doing the past couple of weeks i weigh in the morning (.6 loss) then again at night cause of the stupid water and stuff well i weigh myself tonight and it says one weight and i always go on 3 times to make sure well the second time the number was .6 less made no sense i got on three more times and that second number is the number so im so happy stupid me i go back on 5 min later (yes i know but i have no answer) well it said i gained .7 in that amound of time made no sense so then im thinking cause it said .1 originally and now .7 maybe i wasnt seeing right so i asked my dad if i put my glasses on if that would make a different hes like no so i did and i was an idiot it was a .1 like i thought i just didnt see it right :laugh:

so this week im down 1.5 and total 12.5 although it says 13 but i trust them so im so happy.

also it congratulated me on my 10 + loss and asked if i wanted to reasjust my food and nutrition anyone else get this?

theresa u are doing an amazing job as vice president of our little (and i mean little where is everyone mister? sisters we seem to be dying out?) group
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm here (well sort off) UM writing this from my blackberry in bed cuz I had an accident tonight. No worries though I'm ok. I promise ill be on tomorrow morning to tell ü all about it.
  • MissResa
    Options
    Hopetobeinshape-Oh my gosh... Talk about a bad week- I hope you're okay!!!

Pep-I got the same prompt asking me if I wanted to change my goals... And isn't it crazy how much we fluctuate throughout the day?!
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    First off I want to say that I am so happy to be apart of this group :flowerforyou: We all had a really bad week and here we are motivated as ever:drinker: Great Job everyone!

So here is my little ordeal. Monday night a friend came over after class to watch greys and we ordered a pizza :angry: . three pieces later I felt awful ! :noway: So yesterday Im like that was a really bad decision Im going to get right back on the horse and work my butt off today. So in the morning I did my C 2 K day 1 of 2nd wk and then boxed for an hr. Felt awesome ! So then I got out of class early and had this bright idea that I would do some P90x as well to stay on track. So I do chest and back...felling a little shaky. But I drink some water and take a shower. Get out of the shower put on a towel and....passout :blushing: .

Little history behind this I have a passing out problem, my Dr. calls it my body overheating :huh: it happens in extreme heat or cold weather, I cant breath and boom, down for the count. This also happen alot when I take steamy showers :noway:

Back to passing out ,I dont wake up til 2 hrs later....im pretty sure I passed out and then fell asleep from exhaustion. So I wake up at 11 pm and crawl into bed. I felt whoozy and my jaw hurt really bad, i think i hit it on the way down :ohwell: I live by my self with just my puppy so there isnt anyone here to notice when these things happen :cry: Any who my bf kept calling which is what eventually woke me up...so I went to bed and am feeling much better today!
    Today I am just going to do P90x, give my body a little rest...

Hope everyone is have a good day!
  • pepamint83
    Options
    Hopetobeinshape-Oh my gosh... Talk about a bad week- I hope you're okay!!!

Pep-I got the same prompt asking me if I wanted to change my goals... And isn't it crazy how much we fluctuate throughout the day?!

i didnt change them did u? but i was so proud im confused about the scale but happy and after last week i needed it. cant believe im almost at the 15 pound mark but number wise i got a long way to go well see about june 1.

hope wowee first of all dont overdo the excercise just day each day at a time and dont try to fix the pizza thing it happens. me want pizza lol. glad ur feelig better rest is key.

where is everyone else like mister where did our group go i thought especially weigh in day people would be on. i miss my peeps and support team.
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    hopetobeinshape - I'm glad you're okay! That sounds quite scary. It's a good thing you didn't hit your head or anything. Yikes! :flowerforyou:
  • MissResa
    Options
    Hopetobeinshape-Whoa... I am so glad that you are okay!!! It's really crazy, but my 24 year-old sister has the same problem. Her doctor also put her on low-dose estrogen birth control, because apparently her system can't handle regular dosages of estrogen. PLEASE take it easy!!! I know it's hard to pace yourself-I almost threw up the first day I got back to P90X from pushing myself too hard-but our body will definitely let us know when it's unhappy, kinda like what happened to you!!! Slow and steady, just like Ari says...

The volcano I live by erupted again around 10:00 this morning... Thankfully it wasn't a big one, and all the ash pretty much blew us by. If it was big, we would have been covered with ash because the wind was blowing straight for out town... We have so much to be thankful for this week!
  • tidwelljw
    tidwelljw Posts: 146
    Options
    Well good morning to all you gals.....I know I haven't been around like I normally do, but between the doctor visits, vet visits, building the new house, and have a preggo wife I've been kept pretty busy! No excuses, just trying to justify my absence!!! Last week I pretty much held where I was at. I did have a slight increase, but no more than a .5 lb. This week though, as of the morning I was down about 2.5 lbs (may be from all the stress! ), but my official weigh in day for work is tomorrow and I am gonna kill this one to make up for last weeks disappointment! :glasses: Everyone stay strong and keep on track!