NO MORE VEGETABLES

Options
13»

Replies

• lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Thank u everyone for your awesome tips and ideas!!! I might forego the pickeled herring one though and unfortunately the beer one :(
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Why were you eating vegetables in the first place? EW!

Cheese, cocoa almonds, cheese, cheese and cheese are all yummy snacks.

Seriously? I understand that the original post was about too many vegetables ....... but are you grossed out by all vegetables? So sad.
  • cmyk529
    cmyk529 Posts: 13
    Options
    Porridge, oranges, a small bit of chocolate, a cup of hot chocolate (only 90 calories)

One of my personal favourites is a plain unsalted rice cake (25cal) + 1tablespoon of mascarpone cheese with 1teaspoon of brown sugar mixed in. Spread it on top of the rice cake and you have a sweet that tastes like something naughty for only 60 calories or so, and pair that with a cup of tea, yum!

I sometimes do crisps, or a bowl of soup, surprisingly is only like 100 calories, so that's a good one.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Ok, guys stop thinking figures and figures only djee !

You encourage people to have deficiencies
    If so, what about a 100% pure sugar intake, it should be ok since it would fit into your calories overall...

Vegies has many qualities : iron, fibers (which plays a part into glycogen regulation) , potassium, magnesium, better life condition, disease prevention, etc...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/treatments/healthy_living/nutrition/healthy_fruitveg.shtml
    A diary without veggies is dangerous imho, so please guys, watch out. You better should ask yourself if you really can't eat anymore all the veggies that stand on earth, you could find another way to eat them.
    BTW : we don't substitute a food from a family by one from another one ;)
  • willowdancer
    Options
    Maybe you could try mixing up your snacks and still keep in some vegetables; I like to use those tupperware type on-the-go plates that have three sections. In the largest one I put a mix of veggies (don't be afraid to try new things with veggies; sprinkle them with herbs, splurge some calories on some hummus to dip them in and try new vegetable varieties. purple, red, white, and yellow carrots all taste a bit different from the orange ones we are so used to. There are also endless varieties of sweet and mild peppers that are all so much more exciting than the green bells sold year round in the store). Then in the two smaller compartments I make my own fruit mixes; clementine segments, grapes, cherries (whatever is in season) with some nuts mixed in, and in the other small compartment I put whole wheat crackers and some peanut m&ms. This is a lot, though, and it gets me through all my snacks for the day, but I can bust it out whenever and nibble on a variety, plus get lots of nutrients, flavors, and textures in, and I don't get bored.