The 12lb challenge- Starts January 26th

Options
Hey All!!

I need motivation and support in losing 15lbs by the end of February. I know the group says 12lbs, but for some reason it doesnt let me chnage the group topic. Its actually the "15lb challenge". If anyone wants to join me please let me know. I will be starting tomorrow. I know it's a bit of a stretch, but its been a while since I challenged my body, so I accepted it. :D

I will be adding a weekly excercise goal each week along with this!

If anyone wants to join please provide the following details:

1. sw:
2. cw:
3. gw:

4. Deatils of your workouts and diet plan.

first weigh-in: February 2nd
Second weigh-in: February 9th
third weigh-in- February 16th
forth weigh-in- February 23rd

Final weigh-in March 1st!!! : )

I will be listing my workout and weight details below.

VERY VERY EXCITED FOR THIS!!! :)

Replies

• nursygirls
    nursygirls Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to join you so here goes

SW: 166
    CW: 166
    GW: 153

will post 1st goal weight on 2/2 and lets see how many lbs I can lose by 2/13 which is my birthday!

Thanks for the invite!! I am looking forward to it!!
  • Sinz2011
    Sinz2011 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    so my details are as follows:

SW: 211
    CW:207
    GW: 192 - by March 1st

I am currently on day 4 of Jillian Michaels 30DS and will be starting couch to 5k tomorrow.

My diet is restricted to all healthy food and home cooked meals. I havwe restricted my carb intake and green tea has become my new best friend! :)

I will post the week one challenge up tomorrow!
  • Sinz2011
    Options
    I would like to join you so here goes

SW: 166
    CW: 166
    GW: 153

will post 1st goal weight on 2/2 and lets see how many lbs I can lose by 2/13 which is my birthday!

Thanks for the invite!! I am looking forward to it!!

This is great!! Thanx for joining in!! :)

I will post the weekly challenge tomorrow mroning.
  • Sinz2011
    Options
    Challenge till next weigh in: Feb 2nd , 2012

Running: 25 miles in addition to the regular workouts
  • nanners4853
    Options
    I will join you, I only have 14 pounds to loose but, the quicker I get it out of the way and get motivated to do it, the quicker I can get back into dancing again :)

SW:130
    CW:129
    GW:115
  • corhorvath
    corhorvath Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is just what I need! I'm just getting started and have to work out before everyone wakes up. It's not very early (6:30 am) but I like to sleep. I need some motivation!

1. sw: 152
    2. cw: 150
    3. gw: 130

I track calories on myfitnesspal (love the phone app). Using recipes from sparkpeople and hungrygirl to give me an idea of healthy meals.
    Meals: Home-cooked dinners and lunches. Going for quantity and quality so lots of veggies, lean meats (chicken, ground turkey, some steak), using less oil, butter, and cheese. Measuring my servings.
    Snacks: always carrying raw almonds in my purse for a snack when I'm too busy to eat a meal so I don't attack the pantry when I get home. If I'm at work a string cheese gives me a boost.
    Exercise: videos streamed in to my tv so i can use my excersie ball, dumbells, or cardio with no equipment. At least 30 minutes of exercise a day (3 days of cardio only, 3 days of resistance, 1 day of rest). Trying to just be more active in down times like when my kids are at their activities, when we're hanging out after dinner, etc. The kids are always moving so I am trying to engage and move with them instead of just sitting and watching - it's not much but it's a more active lifestyle.
  • SkinnyKittyKatt
    Options
    Im in

CW: 133
    SW:133
    GW:120
  • mommyRN0811
    mommyRN0811 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! I am doing a challenge at work and want to lose 22 lbs by may 1st. This will be a good start!

SW 222
    CW 222
    GW 207
  • Sinz2011
    Options
    Welcome and very glad that you all can join in!

The first weigh- in will be on Thursday February 2nd.

The mini challenge till then is to run 25 miles for the weeek along with the regular workouts that you do!

I guess lets take on the challenege and make this happen!! These may seem like alot of pounds.... but i beleive that MOTIVATION CAN MAKE MIRACLES HAPPEN! :)

I will get started on my running from tomorrow. I havent had time to get the running in yet but between sunday- thrusday I should have it done.

I have been doing Jillian Michaels and swimming alternate days. Hope fully this works... i feel great.. yet to see the change... though i cheatd yesterday and had a handful of chocolate almonds..( forwhich i feel very guilty..:( ) so im gona double my worout for tomorrow!

Very hyped and waitinggg to SEE RESULTS!! Good luck top all of you! :)
  • Sinz2011
    Options
    Thanks for joining in!! Challenges work very well for me too!!! Hey im sure u will get 22lbs done by May!! All the best!!! :)
    I would like to join! I am doing a challenge at work and want to lose 22 lbs by may 1st. This will be a good start!

SW 222
    CW 222
    GW 207
  • aleonida
    Options
    Im in

SW 144
    CW 141
    GW 127

Lets Do It!!
  • Sinz2011
    Options
    :)
  • Sinz2011
    Options
    I wake- up every morning at 6:00 am to workout before I head to work at 8:00am. Its a strtech every morning but the one thing that gets me out of bed is realising that the first 10 minutes is worth the long term result. So instead of thinking and lying in bed, i just bounce out and get into workout clothes, once I am in them.. its just an excuse to actually do the workout.

After morning workouts I feel like a million bucks!!!! focusing on my goals and prtetty much day dreaming about them.. keeps me going during the workout!! :)

Try it for the first 5 days, just pulll ureself out
    This is just what I need! I'm just getting started and have to work out before everyone wakes up. It's not very early (6:30 am) but I like to sleep. I need some motivation!

1. sw: 152
    2. cw: 150
    3. gw: 130

I track calories on myfitnesspal (love the phone app). Using recipes from sparkpeople and hungrygirl to give me an idea of healthy meals.
    Meals: Home-cooked dinners and lunches. Going for quantity and quality so lots of veggies, lean meats (chicken, ground turkey, some steak), using less oil, butter, and cheese. Measuring my servings.
    Snacks: always carrying raw almonds in my purse for a snack when I'm too busy to eat a meal so I don't attack the pantry when I get home. If I'm at work a string cheese gives me a boost.
    Exercise: videos streamed in to my tv so i can use my excersie ball, dumbells, or cardio with no equipment. At least 30 minutes of exercise a day (3 days of cardio only, 3 days of resistance, 1 day of rest). Trying to just be more active in down times like when my kids are at their activities, when we're hanging out after dinner, etc. The kids are always moving so I am trying to engage and move with them instead of just sitting and watching - it's not much but it's a more active lifestyle.
  • Sinz2011
    Options
    Woohooo to dancing!!!!

U will have this goal achieved in no time!!! :)
    I will join you, I only have 14 pounds to loose but, the quicker I get it out of the way and get motivated to do it, the quicker I can get back into dancing again :)

SW:130
    CW:129
    GW:115
  • rawrlala
    Options
    I'd like to join!

SW: 141
    CW: 136
    GW1: 125

Basically I'm just calorie-counting, trying to eat better, getting in a little exercise when I can.
  • treed4
    treed4 Posts: 66
    Options
    Im in

CW: 186
    SW:186
    GW:148
  • DarkDiva2005
    Options
    I'm In! :)

SW: 235
    CW: 195
    1st GW: 175
    FGW: 155

| will be at a job training thing for the next 3 weeks but the hotel has a workout room so I will be spending some time in there :)
  • sedelagarza
    sedelagarza Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I would like to try, this will give me the motivation to loose the last 12-15 lbs, heck id be happy to loose 10 lbs. This would help me be accountable for my actions.

SW=135

CW=135

GW= 120

I do 1 to 2 hours of exercise mon-fri I need to at least try and do something on Saturdays. Most of my meals are vegetarian with most all my dinners vegan, my problem is my sweet tooth and that I HATE water lol. Oh and cheese, Mayo, sour cream, and eggs are my weaknesses as well. If I can get those under control then I probably could get my ideal body size back!
  • Leese4
    Leese4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    I'm 5' 9
    Sw. 170
    Cw. 170
    1st gw. 159
    Fgw 150

Wake up and exercise. Living life for fun not for food
  • ashtonalayna
    Options
    Oh I would love to do this.

SW: 140
    CW:132
    GW:118

Right now I'm watching my calories and doing between 20 and 45 min of Turbo Jam. Somedays I also do 30 min of yoga.