I have a weird question

Options

Replies

• Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I do not like greasy food........in any way, shape, or form. If it's swimmin' in shiny grease, I don't even want to eat it. And I always trim the fat off of meat, too. These are habits I've had since I was very young, so guess it's prolly a good thing, huh?

(so then, how did I get so fat? lol :smokin: :smokin: )
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have a peeve about wasting food. dump the broth in a jar, not down the sink ;) OR even better (if you've got time) make your own broth. Tastes MUCH better than canned crap.
    I do the same with pizza - well, I used to. I gave up cheese. It gives me migraines and arthritis.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    sopping up pizza grease is a good idea. Many people do that. For chicken broth, you might try buying the low sodium type.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    NY pizza usually has so much oil on it that it soaks a paper plate. This is from the good places, too. These, I blot. I don't log it as any fewer calories though.
  • JG1807
    JG1807 Posts: 40
    Options
    If it works for you...then it works!
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I think you're over thinking things too much. :)

This, but no, it won;t hurt if you take the fat off with a napkin or replace the sodium broth with water ^^
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I would say making both of these items at home would drastically change the caloric and/or sodium intake. However, if you're out and it's your only option.. go ahead and blot the pizza. It would only make a difference over time, and only if you're and avid, and often, grease pizza eater.. I do it simply because I don’t want my taste buds to get used to eating stuff like that.. “give ‘em an inch..” ya know?
  • AngieMoore1975
    AngieMoore1975 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great! I dab all things with a bit of grease with paper towel. It all adds up. If you can reduce the amount of fat (even the smallest amount) that is fat and calories you are saving. I also do this with my turkey bacon. It is very lean so I use a tiny bit of olive oil to cook it. After cooking it I lay it out on paper towel and then cover it with more paper towel and press down to soak up any remaining oil. It works! Anyl oil that is on the bacon is transfered onto the paper towel. Voila...fat and calories saved! :)
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Pizza? Pizza? PIZZA??????????
    What the heck is that? I haven't eaten pizza in sooooooooooo long :sad:
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I do both but I don't change the calorie value of the original food when I log it.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I think you're over thinking things too much. :)

Actually she is not. I had read somewhere a long time ago that that does help. (blotting all the grease off the top of the pizza.) I do the same thing with soup and it cuts down on the sodium. I still count the same amount of calories for both, but they are little changes that add up and make a difference.

Happy blotting.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend's mother blots everything. Pizza, crackers, chips, her homemade pakoras... it's a little over the top in my opinion. I'd just as soon not eat that stuff in the first place. Of course, a good pizza or a properly fried parkora shouldn't have excess oil anyway.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't the best way to avoid grease on pizza be to not eat pizza?

And to the soup thing, all I can say is....EW!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna need a ShamWow to get the grease off Italian Village pizza...
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    When I eat canned soup I always water it down too. I used to do this mainly due to the flavor because I thought it was too strong as a kid... However, there IS a lot of sodium in it...especially Campbell's soup.

For the pizza, it doesn't hurt to dab. Lots of people do this. Makes me feel better when I am eating the pizza too because it isn't as drippy...lol
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I was just commenting about this to my husband the other day that it's completely normal for us to blot things now but I'll never forget the first time I ever saw anyone do it - had to be a good 20 years ago and I thought it was BIZARRE and slightly gross that someone was touching all their food with a paper towel, LOL! Totally normal now... goes to show how attitudes change!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I do both of those things too and whether it truly helps or doesn't, it makes me feel better about eating it :)
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    just stay away from Pizza and can products it is easy to do

It's not weird. I do the same thing with the pizza not so much to save on the calories but the grease floating on top is just gross! I imagine every little bit adds up. If it works for you then keep doing it!
  • RochelleStaron
    Options
    I'm eating Brussel Sprouts right now.
    lol
  • Jamie145
    Jamie145 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    whats the point?? Really wont change the calorie intake or anything in my opinion..if u eat pizza eat it right! hahaha greaase and all!!