High protein "problem"

2»

Replies

• auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    A light bulb went on in my head a couple of weeks ago...
    Starvation Mode is less about the number of calories that you eat and
    more about getting sufficient NUTRITION to power your body through all your activities.

I'm guessing you can go into starvation mode eating 3500 calories a day if you aren't getting enough nutrition.

You obviously seem to be getting enough protein... Do you track calcium, iron, or any vitamins? I'm always have a tough time get enough calcium (I know, I know... leafy greens is the way to go... but I'm such a child about these things)
  • jrstls
    jrstls Posts: 9
    You obviously seem to be getting enough protein... Do you track calcium, iron, or any vitamins? I'm always have a tough time get enough calcium (I know, I know... leafy greens is the way to go... but I'm such a child about these things)

I have found that since changing what I eat over the past few weeks I am much closer to reaching all those daily levels than I was before. I think increasing the vegetables that I eat will further aid in this area. Even so, I still take supplement (pills) to make sure that I am getting the proper level of nutrients daily. Of course they put me way over in most categories, but I guess over is better than under when it comes to those important nutrients.