Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

3'o clock temptations?

I know that around this time i get the urge to grab something sweet or get really hungry. Everyday just like clockwork, I have been drinking tons of water when i get hungry to combat that urge. I have been eating every 2.5-3 hours and still get hungry at this time, i know this is normal, just wanted to know what is your 3'o clock temptations.

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Coffee. I hit the 3 oclock slump and start thinking about yummy, delicious, coffee. YUmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

But I count it into my calories, and I fully expect to be having a cup of Kona every afternoon about... now ;)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    I drink a liter of water at 3.

And eating every 2-3 hours could be the reason you're hungry all the time, that was my experience. Larger meals curb cravings better for some people.
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Chocolate!!!!! So i grab a sugar-free chocolate jello or apple with nutella or peanut butter. These do the trick :)
  • nickyskins
    nickyskins Posts: 100 Member
    Drink a protein powder mixed with water. Should only be about 100 calories.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    i was very similar. i would grab a soda and a bag of m&m's for a suger rush. i read somewhere that an apple has the same energy as a soda, so i started eating one of those at around 3 or 4. also, a piece of cheese or some almonds if i want a crunch.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Apple, yogurt or low calorie string cheese.
  • cassavaca
    cassavaca Posts: 89 Member
    I agree with the coffee urge, but i mostly want something carb like...today i found a sm. bag of pretzels around the office and i dont feel too bad about eating it since it was snack size with no fat.
  • A_shelton316
    A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    I enjoy my 3:00 popcorn break everyday. :)
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    I specifically plan my afternoon snack for this time...usually an apple or a protein bar...
  • nickyskins
    nickyskins Posts: 100 Member
    apple or a protein bar is good.
  • pogojr
    pogojr Posts: 83 Member
    Just stuck the last honey wheat pretzel in my mouth. I only have five (half serving) for 55 cal. with a cup of water. Its been enough to tide me over to dinner (whenever that may fall).
  • Same problem but I have 9pm temptations.. :S After eating well all day, logging, drinking water, exercise.. it takes a lot of will power to fight it off but just like clock work it always happens!
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    I'm having that problem right now but must resist! We are going out for Mexican tonight and I need my calories then.
  • Sweets! After dinner I HAVE to have something sweet, so I'll get a yogurt or something. But then an hour later I want more and I have to say no! :(
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,289 Member
    Coffee
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Chobani rasberry greek yogurt.. makes me a better person. :)
  • Apple (I prefer the Honey Crisp) or a Pure Protein bar and water.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    I normally eat a boiled egg around 3 pm that holds me over until dinner.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    My snacks are planned for exactly 3pm because of this - and it has always been this way. Usually fruit, sometimes cheese.
  • Well, normally I don't get hungry at this time, but I am now. Guess I'll have a protein bar.