FEBRUARY CHALLENGE!

Options

Replies

• zoeco33
    zoeco33 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am totally in! My name is Zoe and I want to lose 10 lbs this month. I just had a baby so I have a lot of extra weight to get off. I plan on running 5 days a week. I hope this month goes fast and I wish success to everyone!
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Ketty. My goal for this challenge is to lose 5 pounds. In April I have a big event coming up, so my ultimate goal is to lose 20 to 30 pounds.
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to workout 6 days a week. Mondays - Saturday's. My workout routines will consist of Les Mills body pump, Bob's Harper Kettle Bell Cardio Shred, Treadmills and Spinning
  • KatelynnMDuggan
    KatelynnMDuggan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My name is Katelynn, 21. I want to lose 5-10 pounds during February. I have weighed in the same for the past 3 weeks and have been working my *kitten* off.
    I start training for my half marathon the second week of February. My 2nd goal is to stick to my training plan.
  • irvinedbs
    Options
    Hi folks

Count me in for the Feb challenge! Was signed up for the 30 day shred in Jan, but alas that fell by the wayside. Need a new challenge to get my teeth into as have put on weight by being off the smokes for 3 months.

I currently am out twice a day walking my dog, but think that my body is so used to this exercise that I don't really burn extra calories doing it anymore so need to up my game.

I will be doing the 30 day shred / wii fit / wii zumba as my weekly workouts just to mix it up a bit!

Bring it on!

:bigsmile: x D
  • qmyeesha
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope all is well. I am in! I just jump started my plan today. I need all the motivation I can get. I'm not to this myfitnesspal.

My goal is to workout 5-6 times a week. My biggest goal is to stay on track. I left everything and everyone distract me. My workouts will be walking on the track and the pink method.

By the end of the month I would love to see a difference in how my clothes fit.
  • FatPandaBandit
    Options
    Hey! I'm Brandi and would love to do this!

My plans/goals are to go to the gym mondays, wednesdays, fridays and saturdays, and dance dvd on tuesdays and thursdays with a small run before. I'm trying to slim down and tone up for my big day in June! Yikes, it's gonna be close.
  • nrevanch
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!!!

I loved reading all the posts thus far!!! I think it's awesome that each individual person has a personal goal and knows exactly what they want to do to achieve it. Some people are trying to lose weight, others to lose inches, and some just want to be active everyday even if it's just 30 minutes of walking.

Because everybody has a different goal in mind I was thinking that the end of each week (February 8th being the first day) we could update everyone else and let them know if we made our goal for the week, as well as why or why not we think that we did or didn't. I know sometimes it's much easier if we let everybody know what's going on and they can provide feedback; TEAMWORK!! :heart:

I'm really excited to get started and to have such a wonderful group of people support one another! Keep the posts coming, and if anybody has any good ideas for this thread, tips, questions, etc.... let's get started with that before the challenge starts in 6 days !!!!!!!:happy:
  • jlanderson12
    Options
    Good Morning!

I am attending a wedding in June and also a bridesmaid in another wedding also in June. I really want to get my arms toned and lose the last 10 lbs before then so I can try and look good in this ugly dress. Why do brides always pick the ugliest dress :noway:

I want to make sure I work out at least Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. I have two young boys and those are the days I can get away to the gym. I have tons of DVD's at home too. I really want to do the Insane Abs in between my work out days. It seems like a lot but I am willing to try.

Let's get this party started :drinker:
  • shelleyslp
    shelleyslp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need some motivation and this sounds great! My 20th high school reunion is in June and I need to kick it in gear. This month I would like to stay within my daily target of calories and exercise 5x per week. My exercise will be a combo of walk/jog, zumba, 30 day shred. I have to keep things shaken up or I get bored! Looking forward to reading everyone's post on the 8th!
  • tmzana
    tmzana Posts: 23
    Options
    My name is Tonya. I want to lose 5-10 pounds during February. My goal is to workout 4/5 times a week for 45 minutes.
  • lgaudet
    lgaudet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

This sounds like a great challenge! I'm in. I recently had knee surgery but I'm able to do quite a few things now. I gained about 10 lbs after my surgery that I'd like to lose - plus the muscles that I once had have turned to mush. I'm hoping to workout 6 days per week alternating between swimming, biking, yoga, and my ballet DVD's.

I would really like some friends for motivation! (Feel free to add me)
  • Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in! I'm aiming at losing about 5lbs in February. I do workout consistently now but having a challenge will add to my motivation :) I plan on continuing a mix of Jillian Michael's dvd's as well as the gym :)
  • jshapiro4
    jshapiro4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Jess. My goal is to do a mix of turbofire/p90x 6 days a week and lose 5 pounds in Feb. I just need the motivation to stick with it and not quit halfway through the month!
  • nrevanch
    Options
    Get pumped up for the challenge to start!!!!!! I know I am definitely ready to rock the month of FEBRUARY :heart:

One question that I was hoping someone could help me with is LUNCHES! I work in an office and don't get too much exercise during the day (am working on taking breaks , getting up, stretching, etc.) I bring a lunch to work everybody but wanted to know if anyone had any tips/tricks for different things to bring for a lunch! I do like to change things up, and i'm not a big fan of sandwiches :noway:

Hope everyone had a fabulous day !!! :smile:
  • Kare_Bear2000
    Options
    I am all for a Feb. challenge! What a great idea! My name is Kara and my goals are:
    1. Lose 1 lbs each week in Feb
    2. Cardio 3 times a week and weight lifting 3 times a week
    3. Bring a lean cuisine/smart ones/healthy choice meal for lunch each day (AND make time to eat it!)
    4. No donuts with the other nurses!

I want to be down to 223 lbs by the end of Feb.!
  • nrevanch
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

I hope you all have a fabulous day, and are getting geared up for next Wednesday :smile: !!!
  • elizaspride
    Options
    I'm definitely in for the challenge!

Hi everyone! I'm Kiki and I'm striving for 5-6 days per week in February doing:
    1. 30 min of cardio (walking/jogging or bike) 4-5 days each week
    2. Pilates/Yoga 1-2 days
    3. Strength/Core training 2-3 days

My goals are:
    1. To strengthen my core
    2. To shed 2-4 lbs.
    3. To lower my body fat % (even by just a tiny bit!)
    4. To become more flexible and gain better posture

I am looking for any tips on core strengthening....videos, exercises, equipment, etc. -Thanks! :)
  • AMBERE26
    AMBERE26 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hello I'm Tracy and my goal for Feb is to lose 10 pounds...
  • luvnall3
    Options
    I am Stephanie. I would like to join in on this challange! My goal is to lose 5-10lbs in Feb., aim for working out 5-6 days/wk., keep moving on the weekend with my kids and learn to make more healthy meals for my family. Yeah! Lets do this!