FEBRUARY CHALLENGE!

Options

Replies

• hollyrenee1990
    hollyrenee1990 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Holly.

Im 5'4 and 155. My goal weight is 130 and I would like to be that by April! So I am aiming on losing 10 pounds for the month of Feb. I just started Jillian Micheals Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. Im staying away from soda so that means water water water. Eating healthier and also working on portion control!
  • MeStephy
    MeStephy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm up for a challange.

I am Stephy, and I would like to lose 5 to 10 lbs. (10 lbs would be preferable, but I am realistic and know it might not happen.) I will be doing workouts 5 days/week I will be doing 60 minutes of different cardio 3 days a week and muscle toning and strengthening for 60 minutes 2 days a week. Plus walking the mall with my hubby and our 6 children every Saturday. (Not to mention chasing said children around the house :tongue: ) I have been working on eating better and being more active. My husband and I are going on a trip the end of March and I want to look good for when we go.
  • msfletch
    Options
    Reading everyone's posts has me super excited!!!

My name is Nicole and my overall goal is to lose 27 lbs (more if possible) and eat healthier. For the month of February my goals are:

1. To lose 6 lbs

2. Workout 6 days a week. This can be accomplished thanks to my hubby working out the same amount of days.

3. Watch my calorie intake. I am using the MFP plan and it is working so far.

With the help of my hubby, I am doing cardio and lifting weights. I want to look good and feel good for myself (first and foremost) and then for my hubby and children.

I wish everyone luck and am really looking forward to February. I hope that this will go well and carry over to the next month.
  • reneealyse
    Options
    My name's Renee. I'm 26 years old and live in New Zealand.

Having only joined MFP last week, I already fell off the wagon with my calorie intake. I just started a new programme at the gym today and it was INTENSE!!! I only did it once (meant to do it three times, and I went easy on a couple of exercises) For February I'd like to push myself at the gym, do my cardio programme four times a week and then my weights programme (which I haven't tried yet yikes!) twice a week. So that's going to the gym six days a week for the whole of February. I know I've only just started but it's depressing seeing my weight loss ticker sitting on zero when everyone else has such great results. I don't have a great deal I want to lose - 6kgs (13 pounds) but I'm finding it really does not want to budge!! If I can see any kind of result, any of that 6kgs gone in February I will be happy. I also want to curb my junk food and snacking habits. I still would like the ocassional treat but within reason.
  • reneealyse
    Options
    My name's Renee. I'm 26 years old and live in New Zealand.

Having only joined MFP last week, I already fell off the wagon with my calorie intake. I just started a new programme at the gym today and it was INTENSE!!! I only did it once (meant to do it three times, and I went easy on a couple of exercises) For February I'd like to push myself at the gym, do my cardio programme four times a week and then my weights programme (which I haven't tried yet yikes!) twice a week. So that's going to the gym six days a week for the whole of February. I know I've only just started but it's depressing seeing my weight loss ticker sitting on zero when everyone else has such great results. I don't have a great deal I want to lose - 6kgs (13 pounds) but I'm finding it really does not want to budge!! If I can see any kind of result, any of that 6kgs gone in February I will be happy. I also want to curb my junk food and snacking habits. I still would like the ocassional treat but within reason.

Oh my aim is to lose 5 pounds in February. It sounds easy enough but trust me, that 5 pounds hasn't budged in ages!
  • hairshae
    hairshae Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hi,
    i'm in! i want to lose 15lbs (ambitious) by March 1st. Goal: exercise minimum of 5x's/wk, and replacing 2 meals per day with shake replacements that i've been using that have been working well for me.
    8388158.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • chelletyler01
    Options
    Hi my name is Michelle, I am in! I have alot of work to do. I am doing Zumba two nights a week, walking the treadmill daily at 10 mins. and doing walk away the pounds in the morning before work. (! mile walk) I would love the support.
  • hairshae
    Options
    8388158.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • hairshae
    Options
    wow...in 4mos???! great job!
  • mrsjacksn
    mrsjacksn Posts: 113
    Options
    I"m in. My name is Melissa and I have 177 lbs to lose to reach my goal weight. For the month of february, my goal is to lose 10 lbs, do 5/6 days workout during 5 mile walk with leslie sansone, cardio inferno, zumba & turbo jam.
  • nrevanch
    Options
    Happy Monday Everyone!

Hope you had a FABULOUS weekend and are geared up for the challenge that's starting THIS WEDNESDAY!!!!
  • amhamh2
    Options
    I'd like to join as well! I'm new to MFP and it's a slap in the face to see the calories add up so quickly!
    My goal is to lose 5-10lbs during February through improved eating and working out at least 3x/week plus a 30 min walk or hike with my dog on the off days during the evenings (in the dark!).

My goal - looser fitting pants so I don't have to spend $ shopping, but rather spend $ on a reward like a mani/pedi!

Nice reading everyone's goals - thanks for sharing :-)
  • nrevanch
    Options
    :happy: Good Morning All,

I was thinking that everybody should check in each Wednesday and state what your goals were for the week (amount of exercise, eating clean, etc) and then state whether or not you hit your goal for the week, why or why not, what you plan to change for the following week, and then ask any questions or for advice?

Let me know if that sounds good!!!

Tomorrow we can all state what expectations for the next week will be, and what we plan to do !

Have a good one and STAY POSITIVE!!!!
  • thunderbolt37
    Options
    I'm in. I joined MFP Jan 12th and have lost 4 lbs but my scale has not budged this week. My goal for February is to lose at least 5 lbs. Eating clean and the right amount is my challenge. I love working out and make up my own routines. I plan to stick to my 5-6 day a week routine which includes running, interval training, the elliptical, strength & conditioning with free weights, and plyometric moves.

Looking forward to the challenge and always looking for feedback. I need to lean out once and for all.
  • rosieg1979
    rosieg1979 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goal is to stop the emotional eating. If I can fix that everything else should fall into place a bit easier.

Any tips for stopping myself eating when I am not hungry? I am currently doing a self hypnosis cd, but I keep falling asleep so I'm not sure how effective it is :-)
  • Sheenadanese
    Options
    Im in!!! In a wedding in Sept. need to lose at least 40lbs!
  • brunsda
    brunsda Posts: 78
    Options
    I am in. I would like to get rid of 5 poinds in Feb. My goal is to walk 3 times a week. Also want to meet daily calorie goals.
  • sunilsharma
    sunilsharma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also in for this challenge. I want to loose at least 5 lb in Feb. and also want to maintain my calorie intake. Good luck everyone. :-)
  • nrevanch
    Options
    TODAY IS THE BIG DAY!! THE FEBRUARY CHALLENGE HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN!

I hope that everybody is super excited and ready to start a new chapter with health and fitness :smile:

Don't forget to keep posting updates of how you're doing and also if you have any questions for the rest of the group. Use this as a tool to keep yourself accountable and rely on others for support.

I could not be more excited :bigsmile:
  • msfletch
    Options
    Good luck everyone!!!!

I've met my daily calorie goal for today. Now I need to go workout.