Brag on your spouse/SO! :0)

Options
Alright, alright, I don't know how well this is going to be received...but I have been thinking about posting a thread like this for literally weeks. It seems to be very common for people to post negative things about their spouse/SO on here, and it seems so redundant anymore. (To the most recent poster, I promise this isn't a personal thread towards you. :smile: ) I was thinking that it would be really nice if we had a thread that is a bit more positive! :flowerforyou:

Soooooo...can you think of 5 things that you love and respect about your spouse/SO? It could be anything from visual, like eye color or big strong arms, to stuff they do for you that you think is wonderful or even just helpful to you. I hope this will be uplifting! :heart:

1. My husband works hard to support our family.

2. He's a big strong man and he makes me feel small and delicate. :wink:

3. He will do our laundry if I am not feeling well. (love that!)

4. He gives the most amazing full body massages. I am terribly spoiled with them.

5. Seriously, I think this is one of the most appreciated things he does for me: If one of the kids gets sick to their stomach, he cleans it up. He won't let me get near it. I have a really weak stomach and I usually end up getting sick too if I clean it up. :laugh: I'm so grateful, when I have 4 or 5 kids sick at once, that he does the clean up and I can just focus on comforting the sickies. :heart:

If you can't think of 5, jump in with whatever you can think of, but please try to think of 5-because just about everyone can think of just 1 or 2 things they like about their loved one, let's really think on some great stuff they do that we might not even normally acknowledge.

For extra credit, when you see your spouse next, give 'em a big ole romantic kiss, a giant hug and a big smile, and thank them for one item on the list! :love: :laugh:

Replies

• aranchmom
    aranchmom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love this idea!!!

1. I love that my husband is devoted to our marriage. He thinks its worth sacrificing for.
    2. I love that my husband is an encourager.
    3. I love that my husband is a MAN. Not a touchy-feely ladies man. :wink:
    4. I like that he would rather spend time with me than his buddies, except for occasional hunting trips.
    5. I love that he has such a zany sense of humor! He makes me laugh every day. :laugh:
    and for a bonus round....
    6. I love it that I a married to a HOT COWBOY!:love:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    1. I love that my girlfriend is beautiful from head to toe.
    2. I love that my girlfriend supports me in whatever decisions I make.
    3. I love that my girlfriend is kind, caring and selfless almost to a fault.
    4. I love that my girlfriend loves nothing more than spending time with me.
    5. I love that my girlfriend sees past my physical imperfections.
    6. I love that my girlfriend is so grounded and realistic.
    7. I love that my girlfriend is so silly and happy, even when I'm not in the best mood and can always put a smile on my face.
    8. I love that our sex is freaking ossum.

:heart:
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    1 - I love that my boyfriend is so understanding.
    2 - I love that he makes me laugh when I'm sad/down in general
    3 - I love how he wraps his arms around me at night and makes me feel safe.
    4 - I love that he's a nerd like me :)
    5 - I love his amazingly luscious lips!

Yes, my boyfriend is an amazing kisser <3 LOL
  • epcorne
    epcorne Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    1. My boyfriend cooks for me. Because I don't like to.
    2. My boyfriend is WICKED sexy. And amazing in bed.
    3. My boyfriend loves me for who I am.
    4. My boyfriend brings me down to reality when I dream up crazy ideas or am being completely insane.
    5. My boyfriend makes me take my vitamins so I don't get sick (working around preschool kids)

....and MUCH more. :) It's nice to realize how lucky we are. <3
  • Cinnamonie
    Options
    I love how he's changed so much over the years, and what he's changed into.
    I love how excited he gets about things.
    I love that he's CLEAN and willing to do it (I tend to be messy).
    I love that he's open to exploring things.
    I love his adorableness.
    I love that we are the silliest people I know.
    I love how easy he is with conversation, both with me and others.
    I love his voice!

Sorry more than 5 but thanks for this thread, we've been on each other's nerves lately and this was nice to think about :)
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I love that my fiance is a loving godly man.
    I love that my fiance makes me want to be better everday.
    I love that my fiance is a family guy.
    I love that my fiance respects his parents.
    I love that my fiance is always ready to help someone.
    I love that my fiance is 6'5"
    I love that my fiance loves me
    :heart: thats not all by far.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    1 I love that my boyfriend loves spending time with me, he never sees me just to keep in my good books
    2 I love that he likes my teddy bears, and plays with them with me :3
    3 I love that we can spend days/weeks in bed just snuggling and watching TV and it's the best time ever
    4 I love that we both love our food, we have a great time eating yummy things together, but we also work out/get fit together
    5 I love that he inspires me, and I inspire him, sometimes it's simple things like encouraging each other to work out, sometimes it's something big like music

oh and I know I've done 5, but he deserves an extra point for this - when we're being "intimate" he spends aaaaaages making me feel good, and he spends a lot of time researching and looking up different ways to get even better in the bedroom. He's very, VERY considerate >=]

there's a million things I love about him, he's amazing <3
  • mamatoboys6219
    mamatoboys6219 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love that my boyfriend is an emotionally strong person.
    I love that he is extremely patient with our kids when I am impatient.
    I love that he loves me even at 70 lbs overweight and never lets me feel like I am not beautiful :)
    I love that he is a great provider and me and our boys dont want for anything
    He is the best dad I could ask for, for both of my boys, even though the oldest boy isnt his biologically
    He has been super supportive for me and my insane obsession to work out.
    He takes the boys to wrestling practice so i can have alone time.
    On his days off, he watches the boys so I can go have time for myself.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I love this idea!

1. He loves me unconditionally no matter what.

2. His kindness and understanding with everything, especially when I am upset.

3. He works incredibly hard in his job so that we can have a great future together.

4. He gives the best cuddles ever!

5. He had very nice big arms / chest :D

6. He loves animals as much as I do, and when he shows loads of love / affection towards our pets.

7. He trains with me at the gym.

8. He will (sometimes) watch films or programs with me that he really can't stand, just because it will make me smile to have him there.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I love the positive spin.

My husband...

1) Is super-supportive of almost everything I do. (He will tell me if he thinks I'm doing something I really shouldn't be, and usually, he's right.)
    2) Is patient with me and our cats.
    3) Is smart--even though he doesn't seem to know it.
    4) Happily accepts that almost everything I cook is vegan, and is willing to eat anything once without complaint. (The second time he'll make himself a sandwich.)
    5) A great gym-buddy.
    6) My best friend.
    7) Always loves me and my body, even when I don't.
    8) Makes me laugh, constantly.
  • Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    This is a beautiful idea :smile:

1) I love that my fiance always goes out of his way to make me happy.
    2) I love that my fiance works hard to be able to support the both of us (even though he doesn't need to)
    3) I love how my fiance comes home from work late and always spoons and hugs me saying how much he loves me :smooched:
    4) I love how thoughtful my fiance is. He thinks of all the little things and he's always there for me no matter what.
    5) I love that my fiance is my rock. He is amazing and means everything to me :blushing:
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    1) I love when my hubby comes up and kisses me on the cheek out of the blue :smooched:
    2) It's pretty awesome we have the same sense of humor
    3) I love his laugh :laugh:
    4) His deep, sexy voice! :blushing:
    5) He is one of the smartest people I know (he'll be graduating this spring with honors!)
    6) I love how much he reminds me of my dad
    7) He's just the right height for me to give him a hug and lay my head on his chest :heart:
    That's just the beginning... but I don't wanna show anyone up. :wink:

Great post!
  • daiskismom
    Options
    1. I love my husband for being a great dad.
    2. He is humble about the progress he has made in his life.
    3. He is always willing to apologize if he feels he did something wrong.
    4. He makes sure that his love for me is evident to everyone around him.
    5. Through out the 18 years we have been together he has never stopped telling me how attracted he is to me. :happy: :smile:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    My wife does a great job as a mother for my "handful of a son".
    My wife is actually thinner than when I met her 30 years ago.
    She has a cool job and has even been on TV news a few times.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    1. I love my husband for loving me and all of my quirks
    2. I love my husband for telling me he loves me - daily (and meaning it)
    3. I love my husband for always touching me when we are close together
    4. I love my husband for always be a rock
    5. I love my husband for being the Man of the family (I would never refer to him as "the boy")
    6. I love my husband for his compassion and his passion.
    7. I love my husband for the way he kisses me

....there are so many more reasons, I could go on and on. Now, I want to be home with him!
  • mb236707
    mb236707 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love that my fiance:
    1) Is also my best friend
    2) Is masculine and makes me feel protected
    3) Has the same weird sense of humor as me : )
    4) Is one of the most driven people I know
    5) Loves me unconditionally, even on my bad days

Plus sooo much more! Great thread : )
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    1 - He gets my twisted sense of humor, and there is nothing I can't say to him.
    2 - He's willing to dress up like a pirate with me when we have drinks downtown.
    3 - He is FUN. Pretty important. Nothing is too silly if it makes me smile.
    4 - He's really affectionate, and never turns down smexy time.
    5 - He's really smart and incredibly charismatic, and a huge nerd. <3
  • krsnjas1022
    krsnjas1022 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1. I love that my husband works hard and sacrifices for our family, so that I can be home with the kids.

2. I love that my husband sends me pictures of his XM screen when it's playing our song "you had me from hello"

3. I love that my husband tells me I'm beautiful everyday..and honestly thinks that.

4. I Iove that my husband wants me with him..even when he's out flying RC airplanes with his buddies.

5. I love that he loves to cook...and does it so often for me..even tho I don't work outside the home.
    And for the bonus:

6. I love the way he LOVES me!
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    1. I love by BF for taking such good care of me ( I do not pay towards the morgage for HIS house but he still calls it OUR HOUSE)
    2. He is freaking hilarious!
    3. He loves our dog more then I do and that is saying a lot, i know he will be a great dad some day
    4. He is always telling me how pretty I am and how attracted he is to me
    5. I love knowing he is level headed and dependable, no matter what he will be there to take care of me or anything that happends with my car or around the house
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    I must tell you all, you are very lucky. Reading these words is bittersweet to me, as I'm recently divorced - well, recently enough that it still hurts. If I had heard some of this from my ex - and perhaps if she heard some from me - we might still be together today. And our precious daughter would still have a family that was not ripped asunder.

If you've not shown your words to your spouse/sig. other, don't be shy. Consider my experience a cautionary tale!