Weirdest Thing You've Eaten?

Options
lukeout007
lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
Thought this might be fun...I'll start:

Sweetbreads, Head Cheese, Kidneys, Pork Cheeks.

Replies

• tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Cow tongue, cow balls, squirrel brains. I grew up on a cattle farm and was the only girl so went hunting alot with the guys and my grandpa would fry squirrel brains with scrambled eggs and squeeze the eggs out of the fish we would catch and fry them up. :/
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Century egg,
    guinea pig,
    kangaroo,
    durian fruit,
    chitterlin's,
    jelly fish.
  • lukeout007
    Options
    Century egg,
    durian fruit,

What's a century egg?

I've wanted to try durian for quite awhile but haven't gotten around to it. They sell it at one of the asian markets here in Seattle.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Woodchucks (groundhog)
    Gray squirrel
    Raccoon
    Bear
    Venison
    Cows tongue
    Tripe (disgusting)
    Heart from various animals.
    Goose egg, (terrible tasting)
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Liverwurst
    Ox tail
    Head cheese

I'd never eat any of it again
  • ansata
    ansata Posts: 52
    Options
    um wow...mine is just doritos with crunch bars and no I wasn't preggo! its good tho!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Century egg,
    durian fruit,

What's a century egg?

I've wanted to try durian for quite awhile but haven't gotten around to it. They sell it at one of the asian markets here in Seattle.

They prepare an egg in a way that makes it appear to be quite old.

Century-eggs7.jpg

Here's an article on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_egg
  • jb140
    jb140 Posts: 29
    Options
    Roadkill....Ha!!! Literally!!

At first glance it sounds really disgusting, I know. But let me elaborate....

In the state of Colorado, herds of Elk (20 or 30 of 'em at a time) get out into the middle of I70 that runs through the Rockies. Tractor-trailers can't help but jack-knife and hit a bunch when the roads are icy.

If you are fortunate enough to come up on one of these accidents just after it happens, you really have to hustle.... and pick the least damaged one, 'cause 20 more people are gonna show up for the same thing in about 5 minutes. Don't pick the ones that the tires dragged across the road. Gotta find the elk that the center of the trailer smacked in the head but left the body untouched.

After you pick one out, you gotta stand guard over it (lest someone else try to lay claim to it) and wait for the county sherrif to arrive and issue Roadkill Hunting Tags. Yep..they keep track of that stuff.

Completely legal...and I could get mine back to the house, butchered and into the freezer a whole hell of a lot faster and fresher before any traditional hunter could even hike down off the mountain with his kill.

Voila!! 900 pounds of all natural, organic protein....FREE!!!
  • lukeout007
    Options
    Liverwurst
    Ox tail
    Head cheese

I'd never eat any of it again

I have tried all 3 of those as well. Liverwurst and Ox tail weren't bad. Head cheese was f'in awful.
  • azarazar
    Options
    Octopus - really quite good.
  • lukeout007
    Options
    Century egg,
    durian fruit,

What's a century egg?

They prepare an egg in a way that makes it appear to be quite old.

Century-eggs7.jpg

Here's an article on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_egg

Man...my interest is definitely piqued. I wonder if I can find those in Seattle anywhere. I have a Filipino co-worker who keeps telling me he's going to bring me Balut but he has yet to actually do so.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    paulaeatingbutter-300x300.jpg
  • lukeout007
    Options

What's funny is that picture is obviously photoshopped...but it's not like its absolutely necessary. I once saw PD put a small amount of lobster in the bottom of a shot glass and the fill the rest with butter and eat it. Basically the same thing.
  • rollycollysmama
    Options
    Rocky mountin oysters (cow balls) and rattle snake both at russlers roost in Arazonia
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    A cricket
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options

What's funny is that picture is obviously photoshopped...but it's not like its absolutely necessary. I once saw PD put a small amount of lobster in the bottom of a shot glass and the fill the rest with butter and eat it. Basically the same thing.

:sick:
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I ate a partially developed baby quail still in the egg. Apparently it's some delicacy somewhere.
  • lukeout007
    Options
    I ate a partially developed baby quail still in the egg. Apparently it's some delicacy somewhere.

*See a few posts up*

It's called Balut...at least in Filipino. They do it with Chicken eggs...but same concept.
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    Stuffed sheep gallbladder, take that Andrew Zimmerman!
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    cougar

(get your mind out of the gutter people!)

mountain lion. tastes like pork