When did THIS become hotter than THIS?

Options

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Yeah, someone sent me that one today.
    I also like this one, as social commentary on those body-shaming "curvy women are sexier than slim women" photos.

405970_333420526690862_117940331572217_1125394_343936227_n.jpg

I like this.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    :laugh: As soon as I saw who the OP was, I knew it was gonna be funny.
    Didn't know I had a reputation. At least that reputation.

Well this is exciting.
    -wtk
  • Reasie26
    Reasie26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I need a time machine I would have been hot in Elizabethan times :)

Ha Ha! Me too! Can I join you on your trip back if you find that time machine?!
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Admit it. It's funny.
    Agreed.

Esp. if you opened the thread expecting another rant about skinny chicks like I did... Very well played.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Admit it. It's funny.
    Agreed.

Esp. if you opened the thread expecting another rant about skinny chicks like I did... Very well played.

Skinny is the new Hitler.
  • ket_the_jet
    Options
    And here, class, we have an excellent example of Godwin's Law.
    -wtk
  • rml_16
    Options
    -wtk

I had to look that up! lol

However, it is not quite Godwin's Law as I was not criticizing anyone's point. It was just a humorous observation of happenings outside of this thread. :-)
  • ket_the_jet
    Options
    -wtk
    However, it is not quite Godwin's Law as I was not criticizing anyone's point. It was just a humorous observation of happenings outside of this thread. :-)

The law itself states:
    "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."

You weren't being critical of anyone specifically, of course. Reductio ad Hitlerum is common on internet forums and usually quite entertaining.
    -wtk
  • rml_16
    Options
    -wtk

The law itself states:
    "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."

You weren't being critical of anyone specifically, of course. Reductio ad Hitlerum is common on internet forums and usually quite entertaining.
    -wtk

Well, if you were entertained by my statement, my job is done, as that was my goal.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I wish women still dressed like they did in the 40s n 50s, So much hotter than the styles now

some of us do...
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I also like this one, as social commentary on those body-shaming "curvy women are sexier than slim women" photos.

I completely agree with this one!!!! :) Everyone is beautiful...doesn't matter if you are super skinny or curvey... No matter your size if you are healthy, active and happy then you will exude confidence and have sex appeal!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options

I completely agree with this one!!!! :) Everyone is beautiful...doesn't matter if you are super skinny or curvey... No matter your size if you are healthy, active and happy then you will exude confidence and have sex appeal!

Um no, anorexic looking women do not look beautiful. They look emaciated and sickly. Let's just stop this whole "you are beautiful even though all your bones are sticking out in a National Geographic way and you haven't eaten anything but air in days just to lose another pound" deal, shall we?
  • ket_the_jet
    Options
    I've got to say that I disagree with this. Why does everyone have to be beautiful? Sure, I won't argue if you said everyone is unique. But everyone has different standards of beauty and while everyone might be beautiful to someone, but suggesting that everyone has some universal beauty is both naïve and facile.

Are you going to tell me that every child is intelligent? In the States, yeah, maybe. Is there any reason that Fairfax County, Virginia wouldn't have the highest test scores when a student is allowed to retake any test or assignment until he or she gets the desired grade? Let's face it. Most of you, and most of your kids are average. Some are above average, and some, by definition, are below average.

Let's celebrate what makes each other unique rather than succumb to mediocrity. Not everyone is a superlative at everything.
    -wtk
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

Um no, anorexic looking women do not look beautiful. They look emaciated and sickly. Let's just stop this whole "you are beautiful even though all your bones are sticking out in a National Geographic way and you haven't eaten anything but air in days just to lose another pound" deal, shall we?

That's a little judgemental, don't you think? Who are you to say that someone is not beautiful at whatever weight they're at? Would you like it if someone said that a person at your weight (whatever that may be) is not beautiful because they have extra weight? Thought this was a site to support people of all different sizes.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Since about the Industrial Revolution I would guess.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I've got to say that I disagree with this. Why does everyone have to be beautiful? Sure, I won't argue if you said everyone is unique. But everyone has different standards of beauty and while everyone might be beautiful to someone, but suggesting that everyone has some universal beauty is both naïve and facile.

Are you going to tell me that every child is intelligent? In the States, yeah, maybe. Is there any reason that Fairfax County, Virginia wouldn't have the highest test scores when a student is allowed to retake any test or assignment until he or she gets the desired grade? Let's face it. Most of you, and most of your kids are average. Some are above average, and some, by definition, are below average.

Let's celebrate what makes each other unique rather than succumb to mediocrity. Not everyone is a superlative at everything.
    -wtk

I think you're reading more into this than is meant. You hear all the time, "Real women have curves." And then on the other side, it's that you have to be skin and bones to be beautiful or you have to be built like a gym rat to be beautiful. You could take a very thin model, a woman with an hourglass firgure but a healthy weight, a woman who's very toned and muscular and a woman who's heavier and all of those women could be beautiful by most standards.

Yes, there are women of all shapes and sizes who are below the standard of beauty, but there are also women of all shapes and sizes who are at or above it. So "beauty" cannot and should not be defined by one's body shape, especially as that's not something, at its core, we have control over. I have full hips, a small waist and large breasts with broad shoulders. I'm "curvy" at 90 pounds or 200 pounds (I assume. I've never been). It's my bone structure and genes. I will never be straight up and down athletic. Does that make me more or less of a woman or more or less beautiful?
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    1250103053517.jpg
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options

That's a little judgemental, don't you think? Who are you to say that someone is not beautiful at whatever weight they're at? Would you like it if someone said that a person at your weight (whatever that may be) is not beautiful because they have extra weight? Thought this was a site to support people of all different sizes.

It so happens that this site is a "fitness" site where most people are trying to achieve a healthy goal. Sorry but I am not going to be supportive of anyone who is trying to look emaciated and using unhealthy means to get to their goals. You can go be supportive of anorexic people all you want, if that makes you happy, gives your life a sense of accomplishment and a reason to live.
  • ragekage21
    ragekage21 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    There's another one of these with rake thin actresses floating around... I have a copy, but don't know how to post images...

yeah, i think this a joke version of that one. because the 40s/50s style of woman will ALWAYS be sexy.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options

It so happens that this site is a "fitness" site where most people are trying to achieve a healthy goal. Sorry but I am not going to be supportive of anyone who is trying to look emaciated and using unhealthy means to get to their goals. You can go be supportive of anorexic people all you want, if that makes you happy, gives your life a sense of accomplishment and a reason to live.

If you read correctly I think I said 'No matter your size IF you are healthy, active and happy then you will exude confidence and have sex appeal!

IF you are HEALTHY, ACTIVE, and Happy being the KEY words.

An emaciated person is not healthy or active. Does not exude confidence either.

I have a friend of mine who is VERY healthy, very active but she is very slender. When she was younger people wuold call her anorexic. She has a high metabolism. She is still very slender but can eat me under the table...she works out every day, lifts weights, does cardio, goes swimming, she is even athletic...but she has a very slender body. By looking at her I would never be able to tell that she is athletic. It really goes to show that we can't judge a book by its cover....and who are we to judge anyways?