Whoa. Careful. Diet + Drinking

Options
13»

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Just warning you. if your a vodka drinker it can slow your metabolism by up to like 60%.

Not sure if you knew that or not.

huh? :huh:

Which means drinking vodka makes it harder to burn calories. it also means when you eat your food wont digest the same and you could actually gain weight while drinking. becuase its like your not working out at all.
    Links/proof/explanation? Just cause you say it doesn't mean it's true. Does vodka have magic metabolism depleting calories?
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Just warning you. if your a vodka drinker it can slow your metabolism by up to like 60%.

Which means drinking vodka makes it harder to burn calories. it also means when you eat your food wont digest the same and you could actually gain weight while drinking. becuase its like your not working out at all.
    Links/proof/explanation? Just cause you say it doesn't mean it's true. Does vodka have magic metabolism depleting calories?

Body is like WTF with alcohol, doesn't know what to do with it because it doesn't want it so it gets prioritized in the list of things to metabolize.. effects only last for a few hours but it does have an effect on your metabolic rate when it comes to processing other things.
  • Shanphichloe
    Options
    I WAS a big wine drinker! To drink 1/2-3/4 of the bottle in one night was no problem... now all I need in 5oz and I feel it big time! :)
  • Saxmis
    Saxmis Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I tend not to drink very much now because I hate feeling out of control, I always get the drunchies and end up binging and I don't see the point in the empty calories.

If you're planning on drinking, up your carbs intake a little and you'll be able to handle it better. That's what I've found, anyway!
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I had my first galss of wine since New Years the other night... and I had a kick.. hard! After half I could feel my legs tingling :)
  • mikkijane1
    mikkijane1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yes to the lowered tolerance! I was a good drinker, I could hold my own...as long as I wasn't mixing. At my Christmas party I was getting all "oops, just knocked a cup over" clumsy after one martini. It was embarrassing! I get the warm "I just drank tequila" ears after one margarita instead of two nowadays.

I haven't been to Vegas since losing the weight, so it should be interesting to see if I can hang anymore, especially since my go-to Vegas drink is vodka Redbull!

vodka Redbull is deeelish!!!
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I WAS a big wine drinker! To drink 1/2-3/4 of the bottle in one night was no problem... now all I need in 5oz and I feel it big time! :)

Same here!:drinker:
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    OMG THAT'S SOOOO ME!!! :blushing:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    HMMM I dont have these issues. I still drink like a fish and it doesnt affect me any differently when I do. And I don;t get hangovers either:bigsmile: :devil:

As for vodka slowing down my metabolism Vodka is my drink of choice and I've lost 37 pounds so I dont know how much it is slowing me down. Also remember to fight the calories form the booze by dancing. Normally after I go out for the weekend I'm either the same weight or less. Its all in how you do it .:drinker:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

nsv? :wink:
  • duncanryan
    duncanryan Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yes to the lowered tolerance! I was a good drinker, I could hold my own...as long as I wasn't mixing. At my Christmas party I was getting all "oops, just knocked a cup over" clumsy after one martini. It was embarrassing! I get the warm "I just drank tequila" ears after one margarita instead of two nowadays.

I haven't been to Vegas since losing the weight, so it should be interesting to see if I can hang anymore, especially since my go-to Vegas drink is vodka Redbull!
    I'm planning to consistenly diet/lose weight and I will be heading to Vegas at the end of March, so I will let you know how it goes!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options

When I drink, I'm usually at a bar with friends and listening to the band, and dancing. I like to call that "drunken cardio."
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options

Body is like WTF with alcohol, doesn't know what to do with it because it doesn't want it so it gets prioritized in the list of things to metabolize.. effects only last for a few hours but it does have an effect on your metabolic rate when it comes to processing other things.
    Yeah, I know that. Alcohol in itself is not so great for you. I was wondering why vodka in particular is metabolism depleting and makes it so that it's like you never exercised at all.