• lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    So these are on my deviantart account.
    make_up_by_vintagerockangel-d4k7ua8.jpg
    test1_by_vintagerockangel-d4k4vng.jpg
    snowman_by_vintagerockangel-d4hb9fr.png
    Batman_hearts_books_by_vintagerockangel.png
    You can look on there.. I have a lot of pics I could add to that.. If I ever though to. Lol
    I also have a photography page on facebook.. I have a lot to add to that too, lol. I am obviously lazy.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lyssa-Michelle-Photography
    http://vintagerockangel.deviantart.com/gallery/
    That facebook page link is wrong.. & I couldn't edit it D:
    This one I think works...
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lyssa-Michelle-Photography/102776686447784
  • andreacord
    Options
    I'm not pro, nor am I currently going to share any pictures but I'm up for camera chat anytime. I shot Pentax in my senior years of highschool and did the old school developing process and loved it, made the process of a photo so much better. I have a Canon Rebel T1i with kit lens and 1.8 portrait, I'm a broke college student so I can only build up my kit as I go along. :P
  • AmandaD513
    AmandaD513 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a professional portrait photographer in California. You can see my work here www.AmandaAPhotography.com
    I do street photography on the side as my hobby. I'll be browsing all of your work! I love meeting other photographers!

I shoot a Nikon D700
    50mm 1.4 G
    85mm 1.4 G
    105mm 2.8 G

Love my primes!
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm an artist doing mainly photography and video. I shoot the majority of my stills with an iPhone 4
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I'm an art director.

I do food photography as a hobby, but my quality just isn't where I want it to be yet =) That's the problem with being an art director I suppose. I know good photos, but can't live up to my own expectations.

I shoot with a simple canon rebel xti with a 18-55 mm kit lens. Not the greatest, but I'm looking to upgrade to a higher quality prime
    lens. Any suggestions?

You guys have shared some lovely books =)
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    but don't have any nerve to do anything with them. :)

That happens a lot. I think it's totally natural, because when you let someone see your photos you show them a part of yourself.

I still cringe and think about everything that is wrong with the photo, when i'm showing my work to someone i respect. But i take it as it is, this makes me try harder the next time.

So my suggestion would be to just start with friends and family. After first initial positive comments you'll gain confidence and will work from there. :)

Well people hire me for my portrait work. So I have no issues with those. Its just the nature stuff that I'm more nervous about. I love them so much and would be crushed. I've always love National Geographic and such. My family does see them usually though. And some of my family have some of it hanging in their houses. However, anything beyond that... I'm just not ready for. There seems to be, at least in my head, more heartache in trying to sell Nature/Landscape than portraits.
  • kayleystar
    kayleystar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm a Photographer. I love to shoot people! ;) lol
    Weddings, Families, Events, all that jazz. But my favorite is Alternative Fashion & Boudoir photography.
    I've been published a few times, and trying to turn my hobby into my full time job. Slowly but surely. :D

I shoot with a Nikon D300s.
  • brendita07
    Options
    Try the Canon 50 1.4, great in low light conditions:)
  • VeggieKelli
    VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up my art degree right now, and my main focus was photography. I don't have too much to show for it prepared, but below is a link to work I've done 5 years to now, spanning my interests. What I've taken in my portfolio is shot with either a point and shoot, or the later pictures with my Olympus Pen.

http://kelliperletti.carbonmade.com/
  • lc504
    lc504 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am, but I'm a Canon girl. Seems to be an anomally here. I have a few Canon cameras. I stick with portraits- newborn, senior, maternity, the standard stuff. I do love to shoot landscape as we travel a lot but don't have any nerve to do anything with them. :)

I'm a Canon gal too - always have been :wink:

I adore photography! Only just now starting to make it a part-time business, and am loving every minute of it.

I started doing concert photography:

5188060377_0f09a8e0d3_z.jpg

But recently portraits and fashion have been more of my passion :smile:

4ca10c35a9a71.jpg

4eb0ce5e9d7d1.jpg

(Hope those aren't too big!)

I'd love to branch into weddings so... if anyone in Southern Cal needs a wedding photographer and doesn't mind them being a newb in the genre :drinker:
    I develop my own photography as well

That's something I've always wanted to do. I have the space, I've just never had the energy/funds to set it up.

I've been meaning to do this as well! Maybe soon!
  • RedHotChiliSteppers
    Options
    Can someone tell me how to insert images into our post? Then i will add some of mine! :-p

-Sorry im a n00b ;-)
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me how to insert images into our post? Then i will add some of mine! :-p

-Sorry im a n00b ;-)

Host them on a site like Photobucket or Flickr etc. Then, use the img tags from the website. MFP wants the IMG to be lowercase or the picture won't show.

JM
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Tinypic.com is fast and easy. Use the "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" link, and change the IMG code to lowercase on both ends.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    Nice to see this thread take off, I'm surprised at how many nikon users there are verses cannon. I would of thought there would be way more cannon shooters! Nice to see a few fellow pentax shooters thrown in as well.
  • negative187
    Options
    i shoot with a Canon Rebel XSi/450d, with the 18-55mm lens and a tamron 70-300mm tele macro lens.

i did a lot of work on thoughts and emotions throughout my A level photography course. I also do a lot of animal portraits, mainly cats and horses. On top of that I have a wonderful boyfriend who loves to model for me.

All my work can be found on my Deviantart account

http://loopie2008-stock.deviantart.com/

http://loopie2008-stock.deviantart.com/gallery/6786955
  • LittleMissDoll
    Options
    Canon user as well. I am an amature, still in school. here are a few shots ive taken recently
    I have a website as well you guys can check it out if you are interested :)
    www.berlynnmacpherson.com

IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0429.jpg
    IMG_0400.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
  • RiverTom
    RiverTom Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Post pictures you've taken, details on equipment, or just general chat. I shoot pentax film and digital camera's, I'll post some pictures later on when I'm not at work :)

Passionate semi professional photographer here. Using a Sony Alpha 550 ... will maybe post some pics later. Only problem, my laptop has died on me 2 weeks ago. Currently in repair.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    Passionate amateur. Use Minolta Maxxum 35mm and Sony DSLR. My fave lenses are my 50mm and 70-210. I'll post some pics eventually.
  • VictoriaSnape
    VictoriaSnape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Nice to see this thread take off, I'm surprised at how many nikon users there are verses cannon. I would of thought there would be way more cannon shooters! Nice to see a few fellow pentax shooters thrown in as well.

I did own Olympus + 2 kit lenses in the beggining (my first digital camera), but found myself asking fellow photographers to lend me some other equipment and most of them had a Canon so i just got used to it. When the time came when i was so sick of borrowing stuff i was completely in love with canon 70-200 and didn't look back.
    I just think it's nice that there are no haters. I believe that it doesnt matter what camera brand are you using, as long as it serves your purpose.
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm not a photographer by any means and all of my photos to date are just taken with a standard digi but I do love point and shoot photography and would love to learn more some day when I have time. Thought I would share some of my faves.

venice.jpg
    Murano, Venice
    trafalgarsquare.jpg
    Trafalgar Square, London
    nice.jpg
    Nice, France
    newyork.jpg
    New York
    newyork2.jpg
    New York
    Marblearch.jpg
    Marble Arch, London