Jodie Marsh Bodybuilder

Options
fionarama
fionarama Posts: 788 Member
Anyone watch it last night? I am impressed by her dedication but without wanting to appear negative, I think she could have eaten more and got better results, seemed like she over trained without eating enough. She wasn't really that big but she does look great.
anyway would love to discuss!

Replies

• sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    sorry not keen on her its all attention seeking famous for wearing no clothes :(
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    She looks terrible, her implants stick out so bad now that she has a muscly chest.
    She looked alot better before.
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    i think she looks awful as a body builder, am all up for toned and muscle definition, but think she took it too far, and once again i think it was done all for attention.... just like her tv prog to get a hubby.
    got her in all of the papers and another tv deal eh??
    but hey, if shes happy..... x
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I watched some of it, and was impressed with how far she got in such a short period of time, but then 8 hours a day workout over 8 weeks is ok when you have no real "job" as such - but still, impressive none the less. Although, she really shouldnt smile so much, its quite scary :)
  • Meloonie
    Meloonie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I was very intrested to watch this programme but didn't. Although I will get round to it. From what I have read though, I agree that she could have eaten a bit better and still had the same results, but also from what I have seen of the body building world its pretty hardcore the things they do especially before competitions!
  • VezNo1
    VezNo1 Posts: 83
    Options
    What side was it on? I would like to watch it on catch up?
  • nml2011
    nml2011 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I believe (from a radio interview) that she was training for 3 years prior to that program;

They also wanted her to have more bodyfat so for two weeks before the program was filmed she pigged out on pizza and other 'junk' type foods.

There was a lot of rubbish / not required 'broscience' going on in it such as the 17 meals thing and the 8-9 hours spent in the gym!

I believe she is now being trained by someone different.

The vegetarian side of her lifestyle also makes it difficult... hence the amount of protein shakes she had to take.

Overall I think she has done very well and trained very hard, they don't give out trophies for turning up to a comp!
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    It's repeated tonight on DMAX at 1800 (if you search for it on Sky, you actually see 27 repeats!!!) - gonna watch it later!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I actually think she is a really nice, down to earth woman. The work she is doing re: internet bullying is fantastic. Fine, her competition look may not be what many people want, but when not flexing and with a little more body fat on her she looks great I think.

Lets not start pulling someone apart because of how they look again, please.
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I was really surprised!
    I'm not a fan of her, to be honest never watched any reality TV so didn't know much about her except that she was glamour model with giant implants.

But I did find the program quite interesting, she really pushed herself and what she achieved was very impressive. If you looked at her when she wasn't painted brown and tensing everything, she really looked quite impressive. Her stomach was amazing! She obviously was slim fit and toned before the programme started, but she did change her body quite a lot through the programme.

I know there are a lot of negative things to say, she should have eaten more, but body builders aim for very low body fat or you can't see the striations in the muscles. I don't think the extreme competitions are an advert for health, but I thought she was very impressive.

(Just my two cents, i'm not body builder or personal trainer) ;-) x
  • fionarama
    Options
    yeah I thought the 17 meals thing was kind of crazy. Her abs/lower back is great but arms pretty small. I hope she keeps going with it and gets bigger!!!!
    I will be really stoked if I make the same progress on LiveFit!
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I find it hard to understand why anyone would want to look like that... I suppose I'm the freak on here...
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    I'm sorry but I find it hard to understand why anyone would want to look like that... I suppose I'm the freak on here...

No I'm with you. It's not attractive.
  • fionarama
    Options
    was't really interested in whether people like the look or not, more interested from a bodybuilding perspective, re diet, programme etc. If you are not into bodybuilding you might not like it but that wasn't the bit I wanted to discuss.
  • Leamac83
    Leamac83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I personally dont like her at all...BUT...shes found something she clearly enjoys and by the looks if it shes pretty good at. I dont wish to look at her michael jackson esq face or weird body but then luckily i dont have to. I guess shes happy and healthy :)
  • Smuterella
    Options

It's not attractive TO YOU. It may well be attractive to other people. Jut like some people very like thin or very overweight partners. Our differing tastes are what make us individuals, after all.
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I think it's purely an aesthetic thing for me... I agree people should be able to look however they like... but it's a sort of creation... and as some do not appreciate the works of Rothko, I do not appreciate the works of body sculpting... nuff said.
  • paigemarie93
    Options

It's not attractive TO YOU. It may well be attractive to other people. Jut like some people very like thin or very overweight partners. Our differing tastes are what make us individuals, after all.

Don't you think I know that? Your reply was pointless & petty.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

Equally, do you actually think everyone wants to know you find it attractive?

It boils my pee when people say its not attractive - cutting for a competition isn't about being attractive - its about getting to a level of body fat to show muscle definition. Nothing more, nothing less. That look is achieved by most for a day or so a year. The rest of the time they will hold much more water and body fat.

Would you be happy going into work and commenting that you don't look attractive? Esp when it has no bearing on what you are doing? Same applies here.

It simply isn't about looking attractive!
  • Smuterella
    Options

Ah, the irony.