Jodie Marsh Bodybuilder

Options

Replies

• paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I find it hard to understand why anyone would want to look like that... I suppose I'm the freak on here...

No I'm with you. It's not attractive.

It's not attractive TO YOU. It may well be attractive to other people. Jut like some people very like thin or very overweight partners. Our differing tastes are what make us individuals, after all.

Don't you think I know that? Your reply was pointless & petty.

Equally, do you actually think everyone wants to know you find it attractive?

It boils my pee when people say its not attractive - cutting for a competition isn't about being attractive - its about getting to a level of body fat to show muscle definition. Nothing more, nothing less. That look is achieved by most for a day or so a year. The rest of the time they will hold much more water and body fat.

Would you be happy going into work and commenting that you don't look attractive? Esp when it has no bearing on what you are doing? Same applies here.

It simply isn't about looking attractive!

I personally don't find it attractive, I'm allowed to not find it attractive & sorry if anyone feels offended but that's just my personal preference.
    If it "isn't about looking attractive" then why are you bothered that I don't find it attractive?
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    I'm sorry but I find it hard to understand why anyone would want to look like that... I suppose I'm the freak on here...

It's not attractive TO YOU. It may well be attractive to other people. Jut like some people very like thin or very overweight partners. Our differing tastes are what make us individuals, after all.

Ah, the irony.

Hardly.
    You tried to start an argument with me by saying "it's not attractive TO YOU" well heck lady, don't you think I know different people like different things? Hurrrr Durhhh
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Of course you are, but like everyone else, body builders do actually have feelings. If I piled into a thread about people losing weight and started saying that I don't find fat people attractive, , would I be tolerated? No because its not necessary and breeds anger and contempt. Same applies here, surely?
  • nicki12117
    nicki12117 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I watched a bit of it, she did a good job in the time she had - regardless of how anyone thinks she looks now.

Just wish I could afford a personal trainer who could do me a diet and training program and spend that much time with me - I think a lot of people could make massive changes to their health if they all had that on hand!!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    There is also, always, a polite was to say things.

"I personally do not find that attractive" is polite but states your opinion. "Its not attractive" is rude and has a judgemental tone.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    I watched a bit of it, she did a good job in the time she had - regardless of how anyone thinks she looks now.

Just wish I could afford a personal trainer who could do me a diet and training program and spend that much time with me - I think a lot of people could make massive changes to their health if they all had that on hand!!

I'd happily set you up a diet and training routine. Easily done :smile:
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    Of course you are, but like everyone else, body builders do actually have feelings. If I piled into a thread about people losing weight and started saying that I don't find fat people attractive, , would I be tolerated? No because its not necessary and breeds anger and contempt. Same applies here, surely?

But that's your opinion & people should let you have your opinion without getting all upset about it when they probably have a ton of opinions that other people don't agree with/ find offensive.
    Like I said, that's my personal preference, it shouldn't bother you when there are millions of people out there that do find it attractive.
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Sitched it off at the first ad break, cannot bear that woman
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    There is also, always, a polite was to say things.

"I personally do not find that attractive" is polite but states your opinion. "Its not attractive" is rude and has a judgemental tone.

Tone? Seriously? A lot of things get taken the wrong way on the internet because "tone" (sarcasm etc etc) don't translate well over the internet.
    I did not mean it in a rude way & I don't see how anyone could not get that I meant that that statement applied to me, personally.
  • Wisks
    Wisks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any pics?
  • diam0nddagger
    Options
    I couldn't stand her before, but after reading up about this over the weeks I have a new found respect for her!
    Is there anywhere to watch it if you don't have Sky? Quite interested to see it!

Also RE; her implants, I read an interview saying she really wants them downsized but is terrified after complications with the initial surgery.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options

Tone? Seriously? A lot of things get taken the wrong way on the internet because "tone" (sarcasm etc etc) don't translate well over the internet.
    I did not mean it in a rude way & I don't see how anyone could not get that I meant that that statement applied to me, personally.

Thats fair enough - no harm done :flowerforyou:
  • paigemarie93
    Options

Thats fair enough - no harm done :flowerforyou:

By the way, I actually think you look great.
  • Dellie22
    Dellie22 Posts: 167
    Options
    I think her abs are damn impressive !!
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    By the way, I actually think you look great.

Appreciated :smile:
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Equally, do you actually think everyone wants to know you find it attractive?

It boils my pee when people say its not attractive - cutting for a competition isn't about being attractive - its about getting to a level of body fat to show muscle definition. Nothing more, nothing less. That look is achieved by most for a day or so a year. The rest of the time they will hold much more water and body fat.

Would you be happy going into work and commenting that you don't look attractive? Esp when it has no bearing on what you are doing? Same applies here.

It simply isn't about looking attractive!

This site is about being supportive.

I don't know why people are so focused on if they find it attractive, different strokes for different folks and all, but body building is about being an athlete not about being a sex icon. I have a lot of respect for people that can do this, you have to maintain a lot of self discipline, not to mention work extremely hard.
    I'm a horse rider, it defiantly does not give you a super model figure, I've been upset in the past when people have mentioned that I have very muscled legs, but it my sport.

Also you look great! Do you compete?
  • Tiff587
    Options
    I think her abs are damn impressive !!

They are amazing! it gave me a kick to start working on mine!
  • Tiff587
    Options
    Anyone have any pics?

Sorry don't know how to upload photos. First one is at the show, but second is without the body paint. x

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/04/article-0-0E3835E800000578-376_634x836.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/04/article-0-0E37F8A700000578-660_634x713.jpg
  • Matt_Wild
    Options

This site is about being supportive.

I don't know why people are so focused on if they find it attractive, different strokes for different folks and all, but body building is about being an athlete not about being a sex icon. I have a lot of respect for people that can do this, you have to maintain a lot of self discipline, not to mention work extremely hard.
    I'm a horse rider, it defiantly does not give you a super model figure, I've been upset in the past when people have mentioned that I have very muscled legs, but it my sport.

Also you look great! Do you compete?

Agreed, it's also much easier to be nice and say nice things - makes the world a more friendly place.

Tiff - Thank you very much, very kind for you to say so. Yes I do, I'm a Team Gaspari Athlete as it happens, from the UK - http://www.gasparinutrition.co.uk/team-gaspari.html :smile:

Hope you are well :smile:
  • nml2011
    nml2011 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Tiff - Thank you very much, very kind for you to say so. Yes I do, I'm a Team Gaspari Athlete as it happens, from the UK - http://www.gasparinutrition.co.uk/team-gaspari.html :smile:

Hope you are well :smile:

Just read your bio... very impressive!