HOW OFTEN ARE YOU GETTING ON THAT "SCARY SCALE"

Options
124»

Replies

• whosdatgyrl7225
    whosdatgyrl7225 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every morning every little ounce loss counts lol

I agree. It helps me even if just a little to see a .1 difference.
  • Wildgirl10
    Options
    Once week
  • May63
    May63 Posts: 162
    Options
    thanks for all that are answering... i guess its not such a bad thing to feel "yucky" and i should change my way of thinking to motivation to do "better" or keep it up.

perhape i will buy a measuring tape and take measurements...

I was about to take a picture last night, but found something else to do. i am going to take measurements. i have lost 6 pounds in 100+ days and it is discouraging. my clothes feel looser and family says i look smaller. oh well i weigh everyday but friday for a challenge i am in.

good luck
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I have to admit to weighing myself every day, but I know weight fluctuates so I only really count it every week.
  • tsornoza
    tsornoza Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I know for myself ..i try to get on that scale first thing in the morning , just before getting in the shower. But it has to be a day when i'm in good spirits. Or else grrrrrrrrrrr i'm a wreck afterwards. I think the disappointment of not seeing that number getting smaller is such a horrible feeling. I understand things take time but , holy crapdoodle ..i need to see progress to stay focused... i know it took years to let this body be created and it will take take to mold it back . i'm just wondering how often everyone else is weighing in?

I hope everyone had a wonderful thursday!

i just started my journey a week and a half ago. I refuse to go on the scale. i will weigh myself on week 4 and see how much I lost. hope this helps. feel free to add me.
  • thejessjones
    thejessjones Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    every morning during the work week. i take the weekends off.
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning when I get up, but with "water weight", and "that time of the month"....I'm seriously considering having my husband hide my scale and only weigh myself once a week at the gym. LOL
  • FlamencoGal
    FlamencoGal Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself every 2 or 3 weeks, or sometimes even longer. I prefer to go by measurements. I measure myself every week. And how my clothes fit.
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, which for me is every Friday. I don't want to get obsessed with checking my weight all the time because then it would make me more impatient and I don't want that. So, I do it once a week
  • bobbi_jo2
    bobbi_jo2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I weight in every Monday. I'm the type that would rather see a significant weight loss over the course of a week, rather than watch it drop ounces at a time each day. I think I would get too discouraged weighing in every day because I wasn't seeing significant weight loss. Plus, I have found that if I weigh in during the week (toward the weekend especially) and found that I have done really well and lost a lot of weight, then my brain thinks I can reward myself and I end up eating poorly that weekend and not sticking to my plan. Whereas if I know I'm not weighing in until Monday, I am motivated for the whole weekend to stick to my fitness plan so that I will see the results that I want.

But that's just me. I know many people like to weigh in every day, but I find that this works best for me.