Shakeology?!?!?!

Options
Anyone have any experience with it? Did it help with weight loss? I'm thinking of going that route but unsure whether it has results worth the price tag. I'd love to hear your opinions!

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Expensive gimmick. May help you lose weight now but the weight will come back on.

Only real way to do it is diet and exercise. All these suppliements, shakes and pills are not only expensive but usually not safe.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    It's disgusting and expensive, and pretty much useless.
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Ladies! I appreciate your honesty... I was kinda wondering. I'm ok with doing it the old-fashioned diet & exercise way! :o)
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I love p90x, but beachbody's shakeology... Not headed down that road.
  • yeremeyeva
    Options
    I must agree with the posts above. I tried both the chocolate and the Greenbery one.
    The chocolate I could stomach but not the GB!
    I tried to follow as close as I could the website's suggested recipes to make GB taste better
    but it did not work.
    The good thing is that you can return it if you are not satisfied.
    They will deposit the money back into your accout.
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all! I think I'm going to go with the masses here. With not a single vote FOR Shakeology, I think I'll just mosey my way down the au natural route. I am going to buy Turbo Fire eventually! :o)
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all! I think I'm going to go with the masses here. With not a single vote FOR Shakeology, I think I'll just mosey my way down the au natural route. I am going to buy Turbo Fire eventually! :o)

Good for you. I did shakeology only because a friend of mine is a beach body coach and suckered me into it. I did lose weight, it was 5lbs in one month, but I honestly think I could have done that if I just ate more raw fruits and veggies in the first place.
  • mswillems
    mswillems Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone else... way too expensive and is like drinking a very bad tasting pudding. You can make a really good, healthy shake with spinach (not too much flavor), almond milk, protein powder (I like chocolate), ice, and about a quarter of an avocado to thicken it up.
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I buy them, the chocolate (along with other protein drinks -- LOVE Athlete's Honey Milk Light --> 20g protein, 150 cals, and these are already made and they come in several flavors) and keep them on hand as a quick meal when I'm out and about, just so I don't have to rely on fast food (or the temptation), or when I don't want to cook something. I like them because they are really THICK, and it's like having a real milkshake, but I don't think I could do it long term, and even if I did, I would prob do Slimfast or something else like bcs of the cost.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Do not fall for it! It's gross and there are a LOT of cheaper alternatives if you're looking for a shake/smoothie to replace meals. I was almost suckered into this when a coach contacted me out of the blue.
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I am going to go against everyone...I love shakeology....but I use it as a protein shake before and after the gym...I love the taste and it has helped me a lot.....I do 1/2 a scoop in the day time and 1/2 a scoop with a water after the gym...my body feels so much better....My best friend loves it!!!! has it every morning! I find it the best tasting! It is expensive.......but I use less then what is expected...
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    And I thought Weight Watchers smoothies were price gouging. They want $5 per packet for this junk? Ripoff 101.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Body By Vi!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It "helps with weight loss" in exactly the same way that any food helps with weight loss: if you eat at a calorie deficit, you lose weight.
  • LoriMunzerForth
    LoriMunzerForth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I actually drink Shakeology most every day. It's made with over 70 whole ingredients, nothing artificial and the protein is not concentrated. It's not just a meal replacement but a nutritional supplement. It's also recommended by the American Diabetes Association. It's equivalent to 2 servings of fruit and vegetables. I prefer Chocolate. Another great thing about Shakeology is you don't have to drink it the same way. There's a 30 day recipe calendar that comes with it. I prefer it with PB 2, almond milk, a little and mixed in a blender.
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have used it for that last year and 1/2 half. It is delicious and filling. Using that and exercise I did lose the last 15 lbs. I will continue to use it since it contains all the nutrients I need that I don't get in my normal diet as a busy working mom. It helped take alot of my cravings away for sweets and I notice a huge difference in my energy levels when I don't drink it.
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I liked it (the chocolate) but it wasn't any different than the other protein drinks I got at my local reputable healthfood store. Beachbody fitness programs are great... and their nutrition plans that come with each one are geared toward the market audience. The supplements and recovery drinks are just fluff that they sell at inflated prices to support their pyramid marketing program... which isn't to say its bad... if you buy stuff at GNC etc its all marked up with added value then they put it on sale to make you think you are getting a "value"... the bottom line. You get what you pay for.... if you normally eat fast food Shakeology might be a good meal replacement option... but one cannot live on supplements alone. Take a day, prepare healthy balanced meals, package them in take and go containers
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Ladies! I appreciate your honesty... I was kinda wondering. I'm ok with doing it the old-fashioned diet & exercise way! :o)

I vote we sticky this and this response. Lovely. You are lovely.
  • nikolaim5
    nikolaim5 Posts: 233
    Options
    Body By Vi!

Over priced MLM hype. There's nothing special about it that you can't do just as easily for at least half the price.