Exercise Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them back, i'm already eating 4,000 calories a day, any more food is killing me.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    What do you guys do with them? I havent really been eatting them well really it has only been two days since I started working out....but I find I am not really hungary for them....so just wanted to see what others do either eat them or leave them:)
    It's best to eat your exercise calories.
    Simply stated MFP has already figured out your total calories you need to eat per day to lose 1lb etc. a week.
    That's WITHOUT exercise. You'll notice that when you actually add exercise in, the calorie limit goes up.
    Why? Because it's telling you to eat your exercise calories.
    Large deficits aren't really good to do because while you will lose weight, what kind of weight will it be?
    In many cases you'll lose lean muscle tissue which LOWERS your metabolic rate even more.
    Then you have to eat even less to compensate for less of a calorie burn to continue to lose the same amount of weight each week.

Be efficient.
    Exercise hard and eat back the calories. The hard exercise will RAISE your metabolic rate and burn more fat at rest.

Do what works best for you but I do agree with what is being said above
  • chenna14
    chenna14 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What do you guys do with them? I havent really been eatting them well really it has only been two days since I started working out....but I find I am not really hungary for them....so just wanted to see what others do either eat them or leave them:)
    It's best to eat your exercise calories.
    Simply stated MFP has already figured out your total calories you need to eat per day to lose 1lb etc. a week.
    That's WITHOUT exercise. You'll notice that when you actually add exercise in, the calorie limit goes up.
    Why? Because it's telling you to eat your exercise calories.
    Large deficits aren't really good to do because while you will lose weight, what kind of weight will it be?
    In many cases you'll lose lean muscle tissue which LOWERS your metabolic rate even more.
    Then you have to eat even less to compensate for less of a calorie burn to continue to lose the same amount of weight each week.

Be efficient.
    Exercise hard and eat back the calories. The hard exercise will RAISE your metabolic rate and burn more fat at rest.

This is true, unless you want to lose more than MFP recommends....MFP goes by the restriction that it is not safe to lose more than 2 lbs a week. Personally I think that is healthy and the best way to do it, but I also know how drastically overweight I am and wanted to kick my weight loss into gear at the very beginning. By not eating back my workout calories, I have managed to loose between 3-5 lbs a week! Almost down 50lbs since September '10!
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I snuggle with mine on the couch and we dream of going to Hungary.
  • n8vchick77
    n8vchick77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I eat some of them....I have some calories left right now so if I want a hot chocolate later I know I can "indulge"without indulging
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i normally dont eat them unless im eating out or like a special dessert or snack.
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I normally don't eat them. I just eat when I'm hungry so usually don't even make my daily calories.
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    I am trying to eat back all of my exercise calories which can be hard sometimes. I'm trying to fill them with a lot more healthy food throughout the day, when I don't eat my exercise calories or at least half of them the weight loss is slower for me.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I try and zig zag my calories too. I may burn 700 calories today and I probably won't eat most of them back but other days I may go over a bit. As long as I'm averaging 1200/1300 calories a day over the week I'm happy. x
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle them with a good Hungarian paprika. Yum!
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I don't eat all of them... Some days I don't eat any, some days some of them, and some days I'm over because of special occasions (out to dinner, party, whatever). I dont own a heart rate monitor so I'm not sure the actual burn I'm getting. I always assume its less than what MFP tells me.
  • natacha305
    natacha305 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I snuggle with mine on the couch and we dream of going to Hungary.

LOLLL
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, eating my exercise calories are WHY I work out. It looks like I'm in the minority though, at least for this post. I did, however, make it to my goal weight doing so. :)

Nicely done! I'm with you there... I'm quite fond of food.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I eat them back because eating them back means I kept more of my lean muscle mass. Keeping more of my lean muscle mass means I weigh more than I look like I weigh, which is far better than looking like I weigh more than I do. :smile:

Plus, the more I eat, the happier I am. The happier I am, the more likely I am to stick to my goals.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I eat them back because eating them back means I kept more of my lean muscle mass. Keeping more of my lean muscle mass means I weigh more than I look like I weigh, which is far better than looking like I weigh more than I do. :smile:

Plus, the more I eat, the happier I am. The happier I am, the more likely I am to stick to my goals.

This.
  • mrscollins1112
    Options
    Thanks guys! I have decided I am going to plan better and eat some more calories earlier in the day so when I work out it is not as much to eat back:) Thanks for all the advice:)