Replies

• hopetobeinshape
    Options
    I :heart: Riley ....and my vote is a little girl ! :flowerforyou:

Tam your little baby bump looks great :wink:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I just took this. Any ideas based on how I'm carrying????

39610_6365.jpg

I vote we name the kid "White Shirt".
    :huh: Thanks for the input Max!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I just took this. Any ideas based on how I'm carrying????

39610_6365.jpg

I still say girl. girl I can tell you are pregnant but you are still so tiny.
  • beagle595
    beagle595 Posts: 226
    Options
    I carried different with both of my boys. The first one Logan hardly moved.. Garrett my second wouldn't sit still... Heartburn with Logan. Different cravings with both of them. No morning sickness. Have a healthy, happy wonderful pregnancy.. And as long as the baby is healthy... any sex will do. Girls are easy when they are younger, but harder as teens.. And boys are the opposite??? That's what people keep telling me.. I'm hoping! for my sake.. My boys are 15.5 months apart. They keep me busy! :flowerforyou:
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I can't tell. It looks like you're leaning back.

That's one enviable bump. Congrats!:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I can't tell. It looks like you're leaning back.

That's one enviable bump. Congrats!:flowerforyou:
    LOL! Thanks but I'm only 16 weeks. It will pop SOON!! :tongue:
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    I knew a girl once who named her girls : Aquanetta (after the hairspray Aquanet) and Motrinique (yep, after Motrin)??????????????????????????

Weird...... :tongue:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I vote girl!

My favorite girl names:

Alexis or Angelique
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I carried different with both of my boys. The first one Logan hardly moved.. Garrett my second wouldn't sit still... Heartburn with Logan. Different cravings with both of them. No morning sickness. Have a healthy, happy wonderful pregnancy.. And as long as the baby is healthy... any sex will do. Girls are easy when they are younger, but harder as teens.. And boys are the opposite??? That's what people keep telling me.. I'm hoping! for my sake.. My boys are 15.5 months apart. They keep me busy! :flowerforyou:
    This very true!! My daughter was an absolute angel until she hit 13 then she turned into this person that I didn't even know! She is 22 and is still the difficult one. My son was a typical boy, fights, gross stuff but he turned out to be the sensible one, he is now 25. He started straightening up around 16. But I wouldn't trade either one of them for the world!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    This very true!! My daughter was an absolute angel until she hit 13 then she turned into this person that I didn't even know! She is 22 and is still the difficult one. My son was a typical boy, fights, gross stuff but he turned out to be the sensible one, he is now 25. He started straightening up around 16. But I wouldn't trade either one of them for the world!

I know what you mean about the girl turning 13. I went through the same thing with my daughter. Holy cow, why didn't someone warn me!?! I don't know how either one of us survived her puberty. :laugh: My son was totally different. He was the easy one. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. :smile:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I vote for Vita.... pronounced Veta.......not Veyeta haha :laugh:

I think it's going to be a healthy baby girl! :flowerforyou:

Either way, I'm sure your little one will make a good big brother!
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    I've seen pic of you hubby. It's a boy
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options

I know what you mean about the girl turning 13. I went through the same thing with my daughter. Holy cow, why didn't someone warn me!?! I don't know how either one of us survived her puberty. :laugh: My son was totally different. He was the easy one. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. :smile:

I hear you on that. My daughter is 16 and she is so different. My son is 18 and he is a good human being. He will make somebody a good husband ...in a few years
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I knew a girl once who named her girls : Aquanetta (after the hairspray Aquanet) and Motrinique (yep, after Motrin)??????????????????????????

Not just weird. Stupid. Setting the kids up for a childhood of ridicule and assumptions that her parents are illiterate. (Not that Tam would do such a thing.) I know that "vita" means "life" in Italian, but Italians don't subject their children to such whims. And in the US, it sounds like Velveeta, truncated.

Has anyone here read "Freakonomics"? There's a chapter on the economic effect of giving your child a weird name or uncommon spelling of a less uncommon name. It's not a positive effect.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Not just weird. Stupid. Setting the kids up for a childhood of ridicule and assumptions that her parents are illiterate. (Not that Tam would do such a thing.) I know that "vita" means "life" in Italian, but Italians don't subject their children to such whims. And in the US, it sounds like Velveeta, truncated.

Has anyone here read "Freakonomics"? There's a chapter on the economic effect of giving your child a weird name or uncommon spelling of a less uncommon name. It's not a positive effect.

another strong argument forthe name DAVID
    thanks again:smile:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options

Actually, I have people ask me if Vita is short for Velvita...and I'm like ..no :huh: ....but velvita is my nickname!

I was named after my Italian grandfather, Vito
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    pray for a boy....girls get NASTY! i don't think you're even pregnant.....looks like you need to take a preweigh in crap!:laugh: actually i'm just jealous on how great you look..:wink: don't tell anyone the sex or name, cause people steal them. this way we can have a pool goin on!:bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Girl
    8 lbs 1 oz
    21 inches long
    and I shall call her

Jeannine, my queen, of lilac time.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

When I had my 1st baby I was 21. The girl in the bed next to me told me she was naming her little girl
    Latoya Maloya Paloya. My mom said she was pulling my leg.............then the records lady came around with the birth certificates (my mom was there too) and we heard the lady say "Chil, you just cant do that to that poor lil thing!" And " It wont fit on the birth certificate"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Actually, I have people ask me if Vita is short for Velvita...and I'm like ..no :huh: ....but velvita is my nickname!

I was named after my Italian grandfather, Vito

I love Italian names. My dads name was Carlo Vincenzo and my name is Jeannie........but after Gino my uncle!!