Did you CHEAT today??

Options
13»

Replies

• annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Yep- 2 scotcharoo bars in the lounge for our potatoe bar (I did skip that part though). I'm pretty sure scotcharoos are not on the P90X diet plan.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    So far so good but the day's not over yet!

I'm trying really hard to be good!!!

Memaw
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I just went to a little pub with a friend during our lunch hour because we were both having a frustrating bad day and had half a basket of onion rings & 2 pints of beer!!!!!!! I haven't had fried food in sooooo long & I'm already feeling absolutely disgusting! Plus, i'm feeling a little tipsy at work....i've learned my lesson!!!! :sick:

Well....You certainly deserve to "cheat" once in a while after losing 109 lbs..GREAT JOB!!

Haha thanks! But it's these last 15 lbs or so that I'm soooo anxious to get off! But yes, I live real & eat onion rings once a year, what can I say!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I kinda like them french fried taters....emmmmgghh hummmmghhh
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    what is cheating????? Exceeding your daily allowance of calories or eating somthing that tastes good in moderation???? See thats what gets us.......you can eat cake, just not the whole cake....surprisingly you will find if you eat just half of what you normally would with a tall glass of water you will be satsified......moderation people, we gotta stop saying its bad....because we will want it more....you know always want what you can have.....

ditto. so when i go over my cals or eat too much of something not great (keebler mini graham cracker pie crusts :tongue: ), i look at in my overall plan. yes, i will need to exercise today, but the other days i was right on track and did huge (for me) exercise. so, i'm not beating myself up.
    i am learning, however, which foods are just too tempting for me to have in the house and which are ok. kids' ice cream, pop tarts and cookies--can walk past them over and over. the graham cracker crusts--clearly a problem. :grumble: oh well...
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I didn't cheat today, but I don't really consider it cheating unless i eat something horrible and go over my calories. I don't deprive myself of anything, i think that will just make me binge on it, I still eat pizza, ice cream and mac and cheese, just not as often as I used to and definately not as much at a time as i used too. I think that this is a lifestyle change, and I know I dont want to go the rest of my life without
    those things, so i am learning to just eat less of them and keep them in my life!

Oh and I dont eat the PB and Fluff, but my son eats one EVERYDAY for lunch, he doesnt like jelly and is very picky, its the only thing he will pack for school!
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    what is cheating????? Exceeding your daily allowance of calories or eating somthing that tastes good in moderation???? See thats what gets us.......you can eat cake, just not the whole cake....surprisingly you will find if you eat just half of what you normally would with a tall glass of water you will be satsified......moderation people, we gotta stop saying its bad....because we will want it more....you know always want what you can have.....

I totally agree with you!! I've said this before on other threads (and think it almost daily when I read things on here). The more we call things "bad" the more appealing it is going to be..it's that whole "hand in the cookie jar" type of thing. For example, I plan on having a bowl of ice cream for it. I don't think there is anything wrong with that, as long as I'm not eating the whole half gallon and getting sick off it!! haha.. Everything in moderation.
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    I allow myself one cheat meal each week... and I was planning on doing it tomorrow since that's what day I did it last week... but my mom and brother brought something home for me for dinner, so I just switched it today INSTEAD.

I do this so I don't go crazy. if I don't allow myself one cheat meal a week, or every other week, I'd cheat a lot more... I call it my "meal splurge day" lol... but I don't go overboard with it.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    For me cheating is sweets because that's my weakness. I eat as clean as possible and stay away from sweets and have for quite sometime. I had a crappy day today and before I knew it ate 2 Special K Vanilla Crisp Bars, 4 Girl Scout cookies and then ate an ice cream cone from McDonalds.

I guess if I'm going to do something I do it right!
  • decca
    decca Posts: 8
    Options
    Yep. I totally "cheated" - all due respect to those who prefer not to use the word, but it fits for me. I've been sick since last Friday and have not been very hungry. Even managed to make it to the gym while coughing up half a lung on Sunday. :smile: ... Which is my big "excuse" for being so hungry today - like that end-of-sick hungry where I still can't quite taste food so I keep eating, hoping something will break through. NOT a great day for the calorie counting. But I still tracked everything so I can try to balance myself out over the rest of the week/once I get back in the gym. Sigh. Each day is it's own. I'm not beating myself up too badly and look forward to getting back on track tomorrow.