when did you wake up and realise....

Options

Replies

• scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    Options
    Oh I believe it was leggings...as my stomach expanded so did they and i didnt take any notice!!! lol
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    MIne wasn't a wake up moment; it was when I stepped on the scale randomly and saw 140 staring back at me. I was 140 when I graduated and lost 12lbs (not sure how) and when I saw pictures of myself at that weight I was disgusted. Never wanted to go back.
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    Like others have said, I didn't have a real wake up moment either, I was very aware from the first 30 lbs gained. But I did finally have a moment when i said to myself, that is IT, something has to be done. I was at a baby shower, and on my way out another woman (bigger then I was by at least 50+ lbs!) asked me when I was due........yeah.......I told her I was not pregnant and what she did next was unreal.....she looked me up and down and said "oh come on, yes you are".........yep, the woman actually argued with me! This went on for several minutes before she finally realized what she was saying and apologized. I cried the whole way home and for a while after I got home. Was a bad night. But, I have since taken action and lost 108 lbs, so I guess maybe I should thank her.......but....no....probably not! lol
  • nannerknight
    Options
    I woke up one morning and looked in the mirror and said "whoa!!! Whose legs are these?", "These are not my legs!!"
  • cestes130
    Options
    When I had to use a rubberband to "button" my jeans.....
  • sammyjowedeking
    Options
    The moment I realised I needed to lose weight was when I was rushed to the hospital because I had a heart attack scare. The dr pretty much told me I should write my will now or try to lose the weight. The bad thing? Im only 18...
  • digitalmayhap
    digitalmayhap Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    For me, I realized I had gained weight when I was getting hand-me-downs from my older brother who is A LOT bigger than me and they were fitting me fine.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    My 9 year old daughter is the most truthful and honest person I know. I asked her last August sweetie does mommy look fat? She said mom I really don't want to answer that(lol). That was my wake up call. So far I have lost 10 lbs. This month I asked her do you think mommy is fat? She said NO! with no hestitation.
  • SusanE10
    Options
    When I got on the scale one morning and it said 181, and realized that I've put on 10 lbs a year for the past four years and that I would be 200lbs in 2 years or less if I kept up with my crappy lifestyle.

Mine is exactly the same--even to the number of pounds. It's funny, though, I started on Halloween (before any candy was handed out) last year after never having given a thought to changing my diet. I did one day of calorie counting the next day--and was totally shocked. Since that day, I've been eating responsibly. What's so odd, though, was that the timing was not planned at all--something just happened on Halloween for me. Now it's 15 lbs down and counting.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I was big, always have been big, but thought that I looked OK. Then in March 2011 the Dr. told me that I have Type 2 Diabetes, high triglycerides, all the great stuff. That did it for me. I've seen too many people getting toes cut off, losing sight, etc. not me baby!
  • mygrlz02
    Options
    When i noticed scars on my sides caused by a girdle I have wear to fit into my clothes that's digging into my skin....so uncomfortable!
  • Perswaysion
    Perswaysion Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    When my mother and husband pointed out I have almost no pictures of me with our 3 year old son. I realized that it was a terrible thing to do to my son and it was time to fix it.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I realized several years ago when I would try to bend over and tie my shoes and it felt like a friggin chore! I mean...I felt like I could barely bend over like I could barely move and it made me short of breath! UHM! WTH!

I've been up and down since. UGH!
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    When I saw a photo of myself at a friend's wedding posted on Facebook. I was holding a plate of appetizers "pushing" my way through a crowd and the caption from a friend read "All for some cheese" She didn't mean it maliciously, she was really just commenting on the craziness of the crowd. But I looked at myself, I was HUGE and willing to put myself in that ridiculous crowd for some cheese and crackers. It was like seeing an addict pick coins up out of the gutter or something. I felt so ashamed of myself.
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    Like others have said, I didn't have a real wake up moment either, I was very aware from the first 30 lbs gained. But I did finally have a moment when i said to myself, that is IT, something has to be done. I was at a baby shower, and on my way out another woman (bigger then I was by at least 50+ lbs!) asked me when I was due........yeah.......I told her I was not pregnant and what she did next was unreal.....she looked me up and down and said "oh come on, yes you are".........yep, the woman actually argued with me! This went on for several minutes before she finally realized what she was saying and apologized. I cried the whole way home and for a while after I got home. Was a bad night. But, I have since taken action and lost 108 lbs, so I guess maybe I should thank her.......but....no....probably not! lol

I've had similar issues. Don't you give her none of the credit! You did the work and you did FANTASTIC! Your story is inspiring, thank you for sharing!
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    when my husband called me fat; tough love but it's true. Now I'm skinny and i'm calling him fat!!

Karma is a b!tch:bigsmile:
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    January 3rd 2012
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    When i seen a picture of myself at christmas of 2010 with my neices and their cousin and i was like oh no this has got to change . And i have lost 44 pounds have another 60 some to go but this girl is not going back to the weight that i was before .
  • wannabehealthy1980
    Options
    I had been disgusted with myself for a while, but my daughter who was 7 last summer told me that boys aren't supposed to have boobs bigger than girls :(
  • Dawners98
    Dawners98 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    When I went to the doctor thinking (and feeling like) I had lost weight and had actually gained another 12 pounds.