Friends with a girl

Options

Replies

• MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Now, I think I would like to hang out with Marge as a friend - BUZZZZZT!
    No, sorry.
    You and she will end up in a dance lying down.

Welcome to the human race!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    COME ON MAN!!!!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    How would you feel if your FIANCE had a *male friend* in that same context?? if you would care, then stay away...... if you wouldnt care I would sit down with your fiance and tell her whats on your mind and see how she feels....but you gotta be honest with her!
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    If you are still sexually attracted to this woman, I would say stay away, weather your fiance is okay with it or not. Play it safe and don't play with fire! Good luck to you!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I smell troll post.

There's NO WAY a guy could pull off hanging out with a previous sexual partner that he STILL THINKS IS HOT while being engaged to some random person. Obviously your fiance isn't satisfying you because you are going out of your way to try and justify your temptation to hang out with previously sexual partners. Just drop it with your fiance or cut off all these temptations because you can't swing both ways without a bunch of issues.
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Biggest lesson I've learned after years of marriage:

If it looks like Trouble - just stay away. We are not as strong as we think - and the best thing is to avoid the temptation altogether.
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    How many times have you asked a woman 'whats wrong?' and she says 'nothing' .
    See where I'm going with this ???

You mean when she says that there really is something wrong? huh.gif

lol. most definately something is wrong...
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    The social experiment I would love to conduct is to ask all the women who said "NOOO it's completely wrong for you to talk to a girl you used to sleep with!!!" how many or them still talk to certain ex's...
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Put the situation in reverse. Would you want your fiance having a platonic relationship with someone that she once had a fling with and/or a potential relationship???

There's obviously a spark there - playing with fire!!!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    How would you feel if your FIANCE had a *male friend* in that same context?? if you would care, then stay away...... if you wouldnt care I would sit down with your fiance and tell her whats on your mind and see how she feels....but you gotta be honest with her!

She does! But the difference is, there is no sexual tension there for her, and I think there is for me. Better stay away!
  • code156
    code156 Posts: 31
    Options
    SLIPPERY SLOPE! Avoid, back away! To make this more MFP related it would be like a person on a diet going into a cupcake store, "just to look" BAD IDEA!
  • sashalarue
    sashalarue Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Get your *kitten* back on the porch Mister!! No such thing as a food girlfriend....i wish my husband would...i mean i wish he would even try to pass the mess off as "Just a friend" Nope! Flag on the play!!!! If you had a sexual relationship with her then nope! Yeah you will be eating some tripe and next thing you know your in Motel 6 turning the lights off....hell no! LOL
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    The social experiment I would love to conduct is to ask all the women who said "NOOO it's completely wrong for you to talk to a girl you used to sleep with!!!" how many or them still talk to certain ex's...

Talking , being FB friends , running into each other unexpectedly and catching up quickly .. not very threatening .

Purposely going out of your way to see an ex whos relationship with you was based on hot steamy sex, whom you still find
    incredibly attractive and you still want to bang ... very threatening

:laugh:
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Don't do it!. I dated a guy for a week and he ended up breaking things off with me and going back to his ex. There were hard feelings at first but I got over it and met the love of my life. We then tried to become friend becaue he was such a fun guy to hang out with and we had so much in common. I thought what could it hurt? He had a girlfriend and I had a boyfriend....right? WRONG. It caused constant fights between me and my boyfriend and eventually all of his fears were confirmed when my friend announced that he was in love with meand he wanted us to end our current relationships and be together. I had to end the friendship and now we see eachother constantly and it's super bitter and awkward.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I didn't even read the post. I just know the topic is not possible.

thats not true at all.

i have a friend that is absolutely gorgeous. Phillipino, great figure, big ra... , well anyway. Im physically attracted to her, but I prefer more of a girly girl personality were she is more tomboyish. We go boarding, watch laker games, etc. Not once have we crossed over that line and we've been friends for many years.

Sounds like you and this Phillipino lady didn't have a sexual relationship..the situation with Expresso and Marge is just the opposite..He stands to lose his fiance...and if he starts seeing Marge again, she's likely to read more into it than friendship.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I say don't touch that one with a 10 foot pole. I don't speak to any of my exes nor does my husband. It's a respect thing.
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    You already know what the answer is......
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    i have some matches if you want to play with fire.
  • natacha305
    natacha305 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Listen bro just think about what your doing here,

run away from marge! far far away.

If you were my fiance I would kick your *kitten* just saying any name that begins with M

then again I am the jelous type...

who knows maybe marge and your fiance want to be great friends?
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    You say you can keep it in your pants but that you find her attractive and "kind of" want to sleep with her. If you don't want to end up in bed with her, don't hang out with her. Sounds to me like you're looking for trouble.

^^^^What she said.