Big No..No at the Gym!!

Options
nikii14
nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
Ok......why oh why do people wear perfume or cologne to the gym?? Im not talking a little spritz here. I honestly think that these people marinate in it...WOW!!!

I think I'd rather smell someone's body odor...REALLY!!:grumble:

Save a Life....Don't Marinate :laugh:

Replies

• nikii14
    Options
    Ok......why oh why do people wear perfume or cologne to the gym?? Im not talking a little spritz here. I honestly think that these people marinate in it...WOW!!!

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I don't know but you should mention it to the gym employees. Usually you're not ALLOWED to wear strong smelling colognes in places liek that because a lot of others have allergies. perhaps they could put up "please do not..." signs in the changerooms. I hear ya though, strong perfumes give me migraines :angry:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

LOL
    laugh it off and be glad it aint you:laugh:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    I have to laugh when I smell peoplelike that sometimes I start sniffing in the air like something stinks can we talk about wearing spandex that should not be in spandex
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I'm with you ... I would LOVE for the body odor instead of the perfumes and colognes. They almost always end my workout. I have those sensitivities, so it's migraines, nausea, and all over ickiness for the rest of the day when I work out next to those guys ... to me, they're even worse than smokers. :grumble: :noway: :grumble:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Ugh! That gets to me too because heavy perfume will trigger migraines for me.

Another one is I keep getting behind this woman (I'll call her black/seafoam green spandex), and she is on the machine in front of me and always seems to pass gas! :sick:
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I hate when they do that, and when they wear makeup!:grumble:
  • johnblake
    Options

Another one is I keep getting behind this woman (I'll call her black/seafoam green spandex), and she is on the machine in front of me and always seems to pass gas! :sick:

sorry :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    that is funny
  • CoachFoland
    CoachFoland Posts: 564 Member
    Options

It's too hard to hold in a fart while on the elliptical! :tongue:
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    That is bad, especially when they honestly dont think its a problem.

At my gym, the worst offenders are the folks that chomp on gum with their mouths open gross! :sick:
    They dont even notice they are doing it because they have their ipods up so loud...:laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

It's too hard to hold in a fart while on the elliptical! :tongue:

it is unhealthy and dangerous to hold on to farts

LET EM RIP!
  • johnblake
    Options
    where more perfume then that gas won't be so bad..............O wait
  • nikii14
    Options
    How about people who sing while working out?? I don't think they realize how loud they are because they are listening to their ipod.

Kinda funny!!:laugh: but also annoying:grumble:
  • nikii14
    Options
    One more....

I think EVERY gym has that ONE person who goes just to socialize.
    There is this one guy. EVER time I see him, he's all decked out in his "workout clothes" but I have NEVER seen him actually workout. I thought maybe he worked there, but NOPE...LOL

He constantly goes up to people and talk to them (at least for the hour that I am there)
    And YES...He has come up to me. Asked me what I was watching on TV, told me he is a dentist (Yeah, Right)
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,753 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the perfume. I HATE it. It really bothers me. I'm a smell freak. I don't like many smells, don't wear perfume myself, dont'tburn candles,etc, so when I'm working out and trying to breath right and all I can smell is some flowery funk I want to die! Plus, it gives me a headache too.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Ugh, that's the worst. When I went to the gym there were always that same like 4 annoying people and I had names for them too, like breathes loud lady. She breathed like a lady doing lamaze....but not just while working out, while in the lockerroom too!
  • johnblake
    Options
    One more....

I think EVERY gym has that ONE person who goes just to socialize.
    There is this one guy. EVER time I see him, he's all decked out in his "workout clothes" but I have NEVER seen him actually workout. I thought maybe he worked there, but NOPE...LOL

He constantly goes up to people and talk to them (at least for the hour that I am there)
    And YES...He has come up to me. Asked me what I was watching on TV, told me he is a dentist (Yeah, Right)

hay what you doin? Do you come to the gym often? really how your workouts :laugh: :laugh:

I use to have a guy come talk to me every workout it pis*edme off so the last time he walked up to me I walked away
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I rather smell perfume/cologne rather than nasty body odor- Last night I was at the gym hopped on the elliptical and started my cardio I started smelling something but didn't think nothing of it- then it started getting stronger and stronger- so I started to wonder is it me so I smelled myself and it wasnt me but then I looked to the right of me and the smell got stronger it was the lady next to me and WOW :noway: - I believe the stench was coming from her hair and it got stronger as she sweat more I wanted to puke :sick: - I couldn't get off the elliptical because I was already half way into my workout plus all the other machines were taken it was brutal-- lol..
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,753 Member
    Options

Does it count if I only wear eyeliner and mascara? Ok, yes it's a little weird, but people ask me if I'm sick or tired if I don't. Nothing like a boost to the self esteem!
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Does it count if I only wear eyeliner and mascara? Ok, yes it's a little weird, but people ask me if I'm sick or tired if I don't. Nothing like a boost to the self esteem!

wear whatever will get your booty in the gym