Who hates Valentines Day worse than me???

I think Valentines Day is the worst "Holiday" of the entire year.

People should not have to be forced to be romantic!!

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member
    I don`t have nor ever have had a reason to "celebrate" it but can`t bring myself to hate it either.
    It is just another day to me but for many lucky people it is a special thing so I hope they have a beautiful one.

If I can help a friend enjoy it with a Valentines greeting then all the better.
    I have learned in life that bitterness (not saying you are) about things does nothing to improve my life or anyone elses. :smile:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Its my anniversery i cant hate it
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Everyday should be Valentines Day ..Not once a year !
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member

Happy upcoming anniversary!
  • From the doctor: "How can I get you to remember your next appointment? I know-Feb. 14th-Valentines Day. I want you to come in for blood-work on Valentines Day". I would have suggested writing an appointment in my planner, but it is going to suck as a day anyhow....why not add a needle to the mix ;)
  • BettyBudski
    BettyBudski Posts: 54 Member
    Currently I have a hate-on for Valentine's Day, since I was just completely devastated by the guy I've been into for the past year and a half...........sux when they don't want you and are too cowardly to say so.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Hubs will be away on a conveniently planned conference. All I know is, more Champagne for me! And more half-priced Champagne on the day after. :drinker:
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member

:drinker:
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Everyday should be Valentines Day ..Not once a year !

^^^ In full agreement :)
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Its my birthday so I don't hate it...

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Ugh... I too hate Valentines day, about as much as I hate Christmas! Yes, I hate Chritsmas! OK it starts 3 months in advance, everyone is broke, everyone is stressed, everyone is trying to figure out whose parents house to go to so no one feels left out or gets butt hurt. What to buy? Who to buy for? What to eat? Bla bla bla ... I'm sorry but Christmas is just evil Lol!
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    My husband and I both hate it so we don't really celebrate it...and we save a TON of money! :o) We do get a little something sweet for the kids, though. :o)
  • JOANIE69
    JOANIE69 Posts: 132 Member
    valentines days my birthday x
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    I just don't care enough to hate it.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    oh, you mean "Singles Awareness Day?" haha

I think I'll be at the gym that night. :bigsmile:
  • Hate Valentine's Day! Be nice to me all year round!
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    I have more of a love/hate thing with it. I love love love it until the day it gets here and everyone around me is floating because they're husband got them a card or flowers or made them breakfast in bed or they are going on a date. Then i say i hate it MORE than you do :)
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Valentines days cards = $$$$$$

Valentines days roses = $$$$$$$$$$

Valentines days chocolates = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Its all about marketing and making money off of the public...........
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    my birthday is the day after it, I love it lol..and you get free candy! and teddy bears!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,493 Member
    I don't hate it for being Valentines Day per say. I hate the reminder every year that this is the day I went for an ultrasound and saw an empty screen. Puts a real kink in all the lovey dovey stuff.