Who hates Valentines Day worse than me???

Replies

• skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    why should that be the only day that you do something nice for your sweetie ?? Just another day added to all the other days that should be magical !
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    I dont think its the "worst" holiday. But I do think that it has become somewhat "commercialized" I dont think the gesture of love has to be expressed on one day mostly. Me and my SO dont really exchange gifts but we celebrate other ways. ;)
  • GoodbyeFatChick
    GoodbyeFatChick Posts: 32 Member
    I hate Valentine's Day as well so we should have a party, like that movie....called Valentine's Day..=)
  • LOL... it's by birthday! I say everyone is celebrating my bday and not valentines day! All those decorations... all for meeh :P
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    why should that be the only day that you do something nice for your sweetie ?? Just another day added to all the other days that should be magical !
    doug_henning1.jpg
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    We don't celebrate it...such a marketing scam! We don't need to buy each other things one day a year to show our love. I know he loves me and he shows me all year round...as do I.

Happy birthday and anniversaries to those that share the day!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    I think it is a great day. It is just a reminder that we should show our feelings a lot more...express ourselves more to those that we love. Of course, like all the other holidays it has been over commercialized and the true meaning is lost... Now people are more worried about what to buy people instead of being creative and romantic... Romance doesn't always mean bling or rings or diamonds....
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,552 Member
    I despise Valentine's Day. It has always been a disappointment for me so I just choose to ignore it. Maybe if I had a romantic man in my life I might feel differently but so far I just skip the holiday.

That is not to say I don't believe in true love and romance. I just think one day out of the year is the wrong idea. Everyday your love for someone special should be expressed.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    I like to buy myself a giant heart shaped box of candy and snuggle with my daughter and watch movies while we eat it.

Then I usually cry myself to sleep.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    I don't hate it. I just have no use for it currently. It's just another day.
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    cant stand it! Worst holiday ever:mad: !
    NOTHING romantic ever happens only bad stuff (lost my g-mom, daddys heartattack...etc the list goes on)
    I hate the whole month! :mad:
    AND THATS NOT EVEN COUNTING ALL THAT PINK:noway: ! Every where you turn Pink. :grumble:
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Everyday should be Valentines Day ..Not once a year !

We have never celebrated Valentine's Day. We are kind and loving to each other every day, a card for no reason is more special to me then when he is "told" to get it because it's a Holiday (when did that happen??)

I work with woman that complain about their husbands all the time but Valentine's day comes and it's all lovey dovey in their world then on Feb.15th they are back to making each other miserable.
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    I love Valentine's day!! Lot's of sex and chocolate! Woo hoo!
  • LegzyK
    LegzyK Posts: 172 Member
    I think it is a great day. It is just a reminder that we should show our feelings a lot more...express ourselves more to those that we love. Of course, like all the other holidays it has been over commercialized and the true meaning is lost... Now people are more worried about what to buy people instead of being creative and romantic... Romance doesn't always mean bling or rings or diamonds....

^ This....it's not about what you spend...it's about showing some Love & and doing something nice for the one you love. :love:
  • MsWhiteParks
    MsWhiteParks Posts: 116 Member
    haha I told my now fiancé that I hated valentines day and apparently he bought an emergency card and gift just in case I was just saying it :P

I only found this out like a year later! Really made me giggle!

I just think that if something is forced, then whats the point? I have my anniversary to celebrate the love my other half... I dont need to pay hall mark on yet another day just because everyone else does!!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    I think it's silly.

But, since I'd rather be happy than right, I play along.
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Everyday should be Valentines Day ..Not once a year !

^^^This
  • swedishwillow
    swedishwillow Posts: 88 Member
    try having your birthday on Vday IT SUCKS
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 532 Member
    A guy dumped me on valentines day... ive been bitter ever since! :embarassed:
  • I think it is the stupidest holiday! I for one have never liked it even as a kid. My husband thinks it so funny last year he bought the family a dog!