For those that love Valentines day.

Options
13»

Replies

• rachcamp88
    rachcamp88 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Time: Valentine day during collage.

Problem: I had to take a truck load of stuff to my parents' house 7 hours from school and would miss the first Valentine's day with my V. Harlod, my GF of 4 months. At least I had set it up that when she was taking a shower, here house mate would put a card and small present on her bed from me.

Story: Turns out my parents left before I got to their house. This meant I was not going to have to stay the obligatory night to show I was a good son. I unloaded everything, left a note and took off like a bat out of hell. I get back into town by 6:00. I know, since I was not going to be in town, she was interviewing candidate for internships for a washing DC trip. And I know roughly where she is going to be on campus. I rush home, wash up, get a bottle of Champagne out of the fridge (cuz I always had an emergency bottle of Champagne in the fridge at that time of my life), grab two glasses, a boom box (it was the 80's for godsakes, of course I had a boombox), and Peter Gabriel tape (it was the 80's for godsakes, stop snickering).

Once stocked up, I head to campus, find the lot he car is in and wait along the path she must take to get to her car. I spot her coming out of the building, she can only see a portion of me, but I hear her friend say "look at that guy trying to surprise some girl with a "romantic' gesture. That is just the kind of thing that makes me sick about Valentine's Day." They both get close; I hit the play button and hear the friend again saying "what a fool". I then step out a little more, pop the Champagne bottle open with one hand and hear my GF squeal "yes, but he is my fool"

And that my friends is my most awesome Valentine's day ever.

I WISH someone would do something like that for me! Its just like a John Hughes film! <3
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    This'll be my first Valentine's Day with my BF around (he was gone last year). I have never had a Valentine's Day story/date. Hoping to maybe having one this year:heart:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options

Problem: I had to take a truck load of stuff to my parents' house 7 hours from school and would miss the first Valentine's day with my V. Harlod, my GF of 4 months. At least I had set it up that when she was taking a shower, here house mate would put a card and small present on her bed from me.

Story: Turns out my parents left before I got to their house. This meant I was not going to have to stay the obligatory night to show I was a good son. I unloaded everything, left a note and took off like a bat out of hell. I get back into town by 6:00. I know, since I was not going to be in town, she was interviewing candidate for internships for a washing DC trip. And I know roughly where she is going to be on campus. I rush home, wash up, get a bottle of Champagne out of the fridge (cuz I always had an emergency bottle of Champagne in the fridge at that time of my life), grab two glasses, a boom box (it was the 80's for godsakes, of course I had a boombox), and Peter Gabriel tape (it was the 80's for godsakes, stop snickering).

Once stocked up, I head to campus, find the lot he car is in and wait along the path she must take to get to her car. I spot her coming out of the building, she can only see a portion of me, but I hear her friend say "look at that guy trying to surprise some girl with a "romantic' gesture. That is just the kind of thing that makes me sick about Valentine's Day." They both get close; I hit the play button and hear the friend again saying "what a fool". I then step out a little more, pop the Champagne bottle open with one hand and hear my GF squeal "yes, but he is my fool"

Aw she's very lucky! X
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options

Ohhh ohhhh ohhhh I saw this movie. It was awesome!
    say+anything+real+1.jpg
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Growing up my dad worked 3-11 so I didn't see him much. He was also very reserved and I guess somewhat angry or depressed? Well, every Valentines Day he would give my the typical heart shaped box of chocolates and a card. It was a truly big deal to me because it was individual attention from him.
  • clairification
    clairification Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Xxxzaraxxx - Thank you!
  • clairification
    clairification Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    TK266 - Lloyd Dobler lives, and he is on MFP!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I've always enjoyed the sentiment of it. The only time I've done anything for it was back in Secondary School (11-16yrs), and I bought a friend a pair of amethyst stud earrings and a card. She was a hottie and I got a kiss on the cheek from her, in front of my class.

This year I'm taking my girlfriend to a hotel and out to parks, castles, shopping centres etc. VERY much looking forward to it.
  • LittleMissDoll
    Options
    a couple years ago my boyfriend took me out for dinner, it was the first night he said I love you to me. he got me concert tickets, and when we got back to his place there was a candle/rose pedal trail to the bedroom, it was SO romantic. we ended up breaking up though a couple months later. then a year later we got back together. This year we now live together. Valentines day is also our one year anniversary. I asked him if he was thinking of anything for that night he said no. So I had to make a plan to get some food and have a nice night at home. its a little dissapointing... but im trying not to care
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    TK266 - Lloyd Dobler lives, and he is on MFP!

yep! totally ripped that off, but did not hold the boom box above my head. :smile: