Text to break up?

Options
bikermike5094
bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
A guy i work with just broke up with his girlfriend via text. Funniest thing I've ever seen! Have you broken up via text? What line did you use?

Replies

• MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Uh no. Can't say I have or would...because if someone did that to me, I"d go bat**** on their *kitten*!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I dated a guy off and on all through high school. He dumped me once via text and once via email... I about killed him.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I got an email once....LOL! I think I was like 15.
  • marlabelle
    marlabelle Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    No but I am pretty sure I broke some random chicks heart the other night via text. Stop handing out fake numbers "Kip"...if that is your real name?!?!
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    haha. No never have done that. But if I did, I'd make sure to include a reason. I hate when people don't give reasons for their actions when it affects me. It drives me crazy. :noway:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It's a long story, but back when we were dating my husband tried to do that once. Soon after he admitted he was being a complete idiot. I still give him **** about it sometimes.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    It wasn't technically official, but I went out with a guy like 3 times and he was starting to get really pushy about sex. It completely turned me off to him.. we had only been seeing each other for less than two weeks and it was like he was expecting me to put out. Not only that he didn't even play video games >:O He sent me a picture of his junk. Mind you, while I was amused at how tiny it was I had enough. I actually sent him a tub girl pic and told him to gtfo. Also changed my number after that. Saw him in the mall recently, was kinda funny. He still looks like a douchenozzle.
  • ajmaccar
    ajmaccar Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    No, but my little brother once got dumped via a status update on Facebook. Fortunately he finally found a nice girl and is getting married this summer.
  • miss_missa07
    Options
    I've never broken up or been broken up with via text, but my current boyfriend of 8 years did ask me out through MSN messanger back in high school. Classy. Oh, those were the days.
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hasn't happened to me, but I've been married for a while. My husband would be SO dead. However it has happened to my daughter. He asked out via text as well. I wanted to smack her when she said yes. Yeah I know I am old fashioned or just old, but come on, whatever happened to chivalry and common courtesy? :noway:
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    most people have broken up with me in person .... armed ..... and trying to kill me.:noway:
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Only used it when I dated a Paranoid Schizophrenic. It was for my safety.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I had a guy friend who broke up with his girlfriend via text with the line of "Yeah, we're done" and just never responded to any of her messages in response back. He thought it was hilarious. I stopped being friends with him.

In my opinion it is very rude and cowardly of him to do such a thing. At least have the guts to say it to their face or call them and discuss it.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    No but I am pretty sure I broke some random chicks heart the other night via text. Stop handing out fake numbers "Kip"...if that is your real name?!?!

:laugh:
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    haha no, tahts awful, but a relationship ended via text because she told me she missed me and i said "thats nice :)"

i didnt have any feelings towards her so soon... never heard from her again LOL
  • Amyann44
    Amyann44 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have been broken up with via text while I was out of town visiting my family. I believe it said " I don't think this is working". I had never been so angry. And he couldn't understand why I didn't want to see him again before I left that miserable city, Hmmm
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Depends on how serious the relationship is...I kinda share a home with my bf, so I'm not sure I could just text and dump. :laugh:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Texting hadn't been invented last time I was dating.

I rarely got the opportunity to break up. When you've been married 4 times and been in as many relationships, you kind of have to come to the conclusion that i was the d*ck. they usually left me. At least the psychologically healthy ones did.
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Genuine Question: how Is it funny? Like, was it written in a humorous manner??

I haven't ever been broken up with...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    "Welcome to Dumpsville. Population: You"