Text to break up?

Options

Replies

• misty_meadows15
    Options
    yup. I've texted "it's over."
  • neveahnadira
    Options
    I've been on the receiving end of the break up text and it's not funny when that happens to you. Break ups are nasty but if it happens through a text, its magnitude triples. The one who receives it feels as if they are not even worthy of real words. That's ****ing disrespectful! The guy you work with is an *kitten* of the first order!
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have...but the relationship was a ridiculous one anyway. Getting into 1 argument over the phone (over something meaningless) in a 4 month relationship which then devolved into her not answering phone calls or texts until 4 days later I got a bunch of spiteful, childish texts over a few days after I called a friend of hers to see if she was ok. I had no idea that telling her a friend whose dad is a general in the Pakistan military suggesting Osama might still be alive before the videos were produced warranted that kind of reaction. Crazy.

She expected me to wait around until she had thought things through but that was a huge red flag to me. How would she respond if we actually argued over something important?? Months of no talking maybe...lol.

She was old enough to know better and a week later I was in an intolerant mood at 4am after a few drinks out with friends and texted that I wanted nothing to do with her any more.

I wouldn't have ordinarily done something like that but it was on my mind for 6-7 days and my best friend had just done something ridiculously stupid so my tolerance was at an all time low. I regret the way it happened but I don't regret breaking up with her. Doesn't give a guy much choice if she won't talk to me except on her schedule.

Exact line "You're not the person I thought you were..think its best we don't see each other again...bye"
  • cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options
    Yes, I think it went,"sorry this isn't working out, I hope you have a merry Christmas."
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Does it count as a breakup if the only relationship was in the guy's head and he needed a reality check?
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Does it count as a breakup if the only relationship was in the guy's head and he needed a reality check?

lol...
  • seekingthepatienceofjob
    Options
    I guess I *technically* broke up with a guy through text...but its not like he didnt see it coming!

We dated for what seemed like a long time. He is older than me, by 4 1/2 years. It isnt really a big deal, I guess... I knew he got annoyed of all the comments people made. Then he invited me to hang out at his place... and when his friends showed up, he told me he didnt want to hang out and that I could stay in his room until they left. I didnt care, its not like he was the only person in my life. He texted his friend (I happened to have his phone, playing a game...) the text said "She is so annoying! Everyone was right, Im in college and she is in high schoolm it wont work out. Im sick of it" I texted back, "Hmm, really? Well thats nice to know! Im glad that this was all a joke to you" (no, that wasnt the break up text) I ran out of his house, and he got in his truck to follow me. We had an argument, and he sped off. He texted "You know I didnt mean that! Im sorry! Please forgive me, are we okay?" I texted "I forgive you. Just dont talk to me anymore." I havent talked to him in 11 months, and I dont plan on ever talking to him again. And no, he never called, texted, emailed...nothing. I guess he always knew I wasnt enough for him.
  • RobDelco
    Options
    It wasn't technically official, but I went out with a guy like 3 times and he was starting to get really pushy about sex. It completely turned me off to him.. we had only been seeing each other for less than two weeks and it was like he was expecting me to put out. Not only that he didn't even play video games >:O He sent me a picture of his junk. Mind you, while I was amused at how tiny it was I had enough. I actually sent him a tub girl pic and told him to gtfo. Also changed my number after that. Saw him in the mall recently, was kinda funny. He still looks like a douchenozzle.

lol'd hard at this one.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    I guess I *technically* broke up with a guy through text...but its not like he didnt see it coming!

We dated for what seemed like a long time. He is older than me, by 4 1/2 years. It isnt really a big deal, I guess... I knew he got annoyed of all the comments people made. Then he invited me to hang out at his place... and when his friends showed up, he told me he didnt want to hang out and that I could stay in his room until they left. I didnt care, its not like he was the only person in my life. He texted his friend (I happened to have his phone, playing a game...) the text said "She is so annoying! Everyone was right, Im in college and she is in high schoolm it wont work out. Im sick of it" I texted back, "Hmm, really? Well thats nice to know! Im glad that this was all a joke to you" (no, that wasnt the break up text) I ran out of his house, and he got in his truck to follow me. We had an argument, and he sped off. He texted "You know I didnt mean that! Im sorry! Please forgive me, are we okay?" I texted "I forgive you. Just dont talk to me anymore." I havent talked to him in 11 months, and I dont plan on ever talking to him again. And no, he never called, texted, emailed...nothing. I guess he always knew I wasnt enough for him.

Wow. I would have done the same thing.
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My daughter tried this Bull**** with her first boyfriend I came unglued on her and told her if she wasn't mature enough to stand and look him in the eye and tell him what needed to be said she wasn't mature enough to be dating. She cried about it for 2 days then told him face to face.

I also told her if she wouldn't do it I would do it for her. :) Im a good Dad

Good for you!

I have never been broken up with over text or e-mail, but one of my college roommates got dumped via text. He just said it was over. I remember she also took a picture of it and posted it on Facebook for all to see.
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I had a guy break up with me over text once. And once over facebook! I think it's tacky and pathetic. I mean, seriously. Grow a pair!
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    When I found out my ex was cheating I sent her a text that said "I know all about _____ (guy's name.)" Does that count?
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I always do it on their Facebook wall. It's classy, and lets all her friends know that I'm now single.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I got out of single life before texting and FBing were around. That sounds just awful.
  • CraigG75
    CraigG75 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    That's not cool, text, facebook, twitter, etc.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Yeah...that's...hilarious? :huh:
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    yup. I've texted "it's over."

Considering you're only 16, I think it can be forgiven, ha.
  • feduh86
    feduh86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I havent been dumped or dumped someone thru text, but I saw that a girl (on the Bachelor) ... yes i watch that show lool
    Anyway she got a text saying "Hey babe, welcome to Dumpsville, population: you" ... who does that ? lol
    Anyone else watch this show? hahah
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    i got broken up via IMs....it was horrible...he wasnt man enough to break up with me in person
  • finding_my_way
    finding_my_way Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have dumped on text before only when they wouldn't listen to me saying it face to face (some people really don't get the hint until you text them the words "restraining order")