Dessert recipe??

Options
jenlsheck
jenlsheck Posts: 11 Member
Does anyone have any good dessert recipes for a BBQ, I am feeding about 15-20 people? I kind of want something easy and something kids will like..

Replies

• cinder1970
    Options
    I have a receipe for Candy Bar Dessert. Basically, Chocolate pudding, cool whip, oreo's cream cheese and candy bars. It's wonderful, but not for someone on a diet that's for sure. Let me know if you are interested. I can get the receipe to you.
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Apple snicker salad

4 large apples... what ever kind you like, I usually use Granny smith to offset some of the sweetness
    cut into thin bitesize pieces

2-3 large snickers bars.... refrigerate for about 30 min then cut into bite size pieces

1 tub of cool whip topping... can use the light variety to cut the calories a bit

Mix everything together in large bowl and enjoy.

You can adjust amounts to the size crowd you are serving. I have never calculated total calories, so I don't know the numbers sorry.

I know it probably sounds weird but it is really good. My best friend Shannon brought it to a work potluck many years ago and I have been hooked ever since.
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Peanutty S'more
    Serves: 1

Ingredients

2 large marshmallows
    2 graham cracker squares
    1 peanut butter cup
    Directions

Cook the marshmallows over an open flame or hot coals until they are browned outside, and soft all the way through, 2 to 4 minutes.
    Place the marshmallows on top of one of the graham cracker squares. Place the peanut butter cup on top of the marshmallows. Top with the last graham cracker square.
    Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 252 | Total Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 1mg

Pretzel Turtles
    Serves: 20

Ingredients

20 small mini pretzels
    20 chocolate covered caramel candies
    20 pecan halves
    Directions

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
    Arrange the pretzels in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place one chocolate covered caramel candy on each pretzel.
    Bake for 4 minutes. While the candy is warm, press a pecan half onto each candy covered pretzel. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
    Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 82 | Total Fat: 2.2g | Cholesterol: < 1mg
  • pokergal76
    Options
    BETTER THAN SEX CAKE

3 Points 24 Servings

1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
    10 oz. Diet Coke
    1 egg white
    6 oz. FF Caramel ice cream topping
    7 oz. RF or FF condensed milk
    1 c. Heath Bar bits (found by the choc. chips)
    1 container FF Cool Whip

Preheat oven to temperature stated on cake mix box. Grease a 9” x 13” baking dish.

In a large bowl, combine cake mix, egg white and diet soda.

Bake as directed on box. (Diet soda cake takes less time to bake than regular cake, so check after 20 minutes for doneness).

During the last few minutes of baking, place caramel and condensed milk in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring until smooth.

Take cake out of oven, and poke holes all over the top. Pour caramel mixture over warm cake, filling in the holes.

Sprinkle Heath bits over the top, reserving some for the top. Cool completely.

Cover with Cool Whip and sprinkle with remaining heath bits.

Keep cool in fridge until ready to serve.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Mango Pudding

1. 2 ripe mangoes - peel and cut into cubes
    2. 2 whole eggs- beaten well
    3. thickened cream - 1 small carton
    4. jelly crystals - 1 pkt mango flavour and 1 pkt of lemon flavour - dissolve these in 400 ml boiled water (try 200 boiling, stir until melted then 200 cold)

Mix well 1.+ 2.+3. Can use electric beater or big spoon.
    Then add these to the cooled but not set jelly..
    Pour into mould (tupperware jelly mould is easier to pour out and looks great on dinner table)
    Refrigerate until jelly is firm.

I haven't actually tried this, I was going to make it for Christmas (I am in Australia) but it sounds like it would be good for a BBQ?

Or could you make up a big batch of Chocolate Self Saucing pudding? I can go find that recipe if you want it, not sure if it is an "Aussie" thing - it's dead easy and I don't think I've ever met anyone who doesn't like it :laugh:
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Aww com'on guys! Candy bar cakes and SALAD? Did Paula Deen take over this website?

(gotta admit it sounds pretty tempting)
  • krjones33
    krjones33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    lol
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I make a pretty good cheese cake type pie with reduced fat graham crust (I buy the one with 0 trans fat; read the labels!) 1 box of cheesecake flavored sugar free, fat free pudding mix, 1/2 c. fresh strawberries (sliced) OR 1/2 c. fresh blueberries, 1/2 tub cool whip (I usually choose either fat free or sugar free), 1 c. milk. Fruit for garnishing.

Mix the pudding mix and milk. Add fruit and let beat to mash and distribute. Fold in cool whip. Spread in crust and refrigerate to set. Relatively low cal considering the alternatives. :)
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    What about fruit salad,dice all your fruit,fold it whipped cream serve chilled,or in tart cups.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    BETTER THAN SEX CAKE

3 Points 24 Servings

10 oz. Diet Coke
    1 egg white
    1 container FF Cool Whip

Preheat oven to temperature stated on cake mix box. Grease a 9” x 13” baking dish.

Bake as directed on box. (Diet soda cake takes less time to bake than regular cake, so check after 20 minutes for doneness).

During the last few minutes of baking, place caramel and condensed milk in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring until smooth.

Take cake out of oven, and poke holes all over the top. Pour caramel mixture over warm cake, filling in the holes.

Okay this is going to be my birthday cake to me.:wink:
    Do you know the calorie's?
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Apple snicker salad

4 large apples... what ever kind you like, I usually use Granny smith to offset some of the sweetness
    cut into thin bitesize pieces

2-3 large snickers bars.... refrigerate for about 30 min then cut into bite size pieces

1 tub of cool whip topping... can use the light variety to cut the calories a bit

Mix everything together in large bowl and enjoy.

You can adjust amounts to the size crowd you are serving. I have never calculated total calories, so I don't know the numbers sorry.

I know it probably sounds weird but it is really good. My best friend Shannon brought it to a work potluck many years ago and I have been hooked ever since.

Guaranteed to be the highlight of the party!
  • loobie1805
    Options
    BBQ'd banana..
    Peel Banana's place in foil with a little butter and natural honey, wrap to make a parcel and throw on the BBQ - delicious.

People keep telling me to avoid butter,but it is so much healthier than artificial butters or margarine, so a little is ok, as is real honey
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    BBQ'd banana..
    Peel Banana's place in foil with a little butter and natural honey, wrap to make a parcel and throw on the BBQ - delicious.

People keep telling me to avoid butter,but it is so much healthier than artificial butters or margarine, so a little is ok, as is real honey
    There are delicious non hydrogenated alternatives to butter that are far better (health wise). :) Smart Balance is one of them...
  • fightingautism
    Options
    There's a weight watcher recipe that uses the following:

4 apples cubed
    1 container fat-free, sugar free cool whip
    1 package fat-free, sugar-free butterscotch pudding
    1 can crushed pineapple, in its own juice

Mix the pudding in the pineapple. Add cubed apples, then cool whip. Allow to sit overnight. Not sure the calorie count but it's AWESOME!!!

You could also do a low-fat banana pudding with fat-free, sugar-free vanilla or banana pudding, nilla wafers, fat-free, sugar free cool whip and bananas cut up.
  • knelson422
    Options
    Our new favorite recipe is smores using the honey grahams cereal. Mix honey grahams, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips, put it in a 9 by 13, heat in oven (I think 350) until marshmallows and chocolate are melty, and then remove. I let it cool bc it is a little messy. Cut into pieces, may be sticky. These are good. I haven't had them in awhile because I can seriously eat the whole pan. Another idea we have done is smores, but instead of graham crackers using chocolate chip cookies. Okay, isn't this called my fitness pal, not make me fat pal. Sorry. I am sure some fruit kabobs would be great too.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Recipe for Trifle - One Easy Recipe, Endless Possibilities. This trifle recipe is a lifesaver when you have to feed a crowd. Using cake and custard mixes, it's fast and easy to make, and it looks spectacular
    Ingredients

The Basic Recipe:
    1 cake mix ( see notes below)
    2 packets of custard or pudding mix (see note above)
    2 bags, 1 pound each, frozen fruit or equivalent sliced fresh fruit
    1/3 cups sugar (more or less to taste)
    1 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped (or to save time, use whipped topping)
    additional fresh fruit for garnish
    1/3 cups sherry or other liquor (optional)

Directions

Basic Instructions:
    Prepare cake according to directions on package. Let cool completely.
    Prepare custard or pudding mix according to package instructions. Let cool completely.
    Mix fruit with sherry. If you don\'t want to use alcohol, use a little water or juice instead. You want the fruit to be sitting, but not swimming, in a bit of sweetened juice. Some people like to really soak the cake in the alcohol, then add the fruit on top. I think this can tend to make the cake too soggy, so I prefer less.
    Whip the cream.
    To Assemble: Trifle is very forgiving, it takes no effort to make and it looks great! If you don't have a trifle bowl, like the one in the photo, use any large glass bowl. It doesn't technically have to be glass, but it looks prettier if it is. You can also make individual servings by placing the layers in large wine goblets.
    Cut the cakes into large chunks and cover the bottom of your dish with a layer of cake. Top with a layer of prepared fruit, then a layer of custard. Repeat the process until you are out of ingredients or the bowl is full. Top with whipped cream and garnish with fresh fruit. Chill until serving time.
    To Serve: Simply scoop out servings with a large spoon.
  • bikerappleton
    Options
    if you want to make a CAKE or CUPCAKES use anykind of CAKE MIX and put JUST a CAN of DIET SODA in it, it's SO moist and GOOD :) for topping use fat free cool whip, it's a weight watcher recipe. so easy and simple just cake mix and diet soda nothing else!
  • mandy2794
    Options
    one of those recipes calls for cheesecake flavoured pusdding. I cant find this anywhere!!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    BETTER THAN SEX CAKE

3 Points 24 Servings

10 oz. Diet Coke
    1 egg white
    1 container FF Cool Whip

Bumping this one for later.........................Mmmmm
  • trisha_haro
    Options
    This is quite yummy!