Dessert recipe??

Options
13»

Replies

• mindy2185
    Options
    Big Red Cake, sounds crazy i know, but its DELISH! i do not know the calorie count, and you can substitute to make it a lil better for you. this is just what i have before i started eating healthier:

1 can big red
    1 white cake mix, follow directions and let cool
    1 large strawberry jello mix
    1 small instant vanilla pudding mix- only use half of the milk it calls for (cool whip is the other half)
    1 regular size tub of cool whip

ok-bake your cake and let cool. once cooled, get a something to poke holes throughout the cake, i use a funnel with a long spout that way it brings the cake back out into the funnel, but whatever you have will work. now take your big red and your strawberry jello, mix together in a pan and simmer on stove top, make sure not to boil to hard because it will overflow in a hurry. (lesson learned) stirring frequently. once fully warmed, take a spoon big red and strawberry over cake, make sure to get into the holes so it goes to the bottom of the cake. i actually use the funnel to help me out with this. i just stick the funnel back down in the whole and as i am pouring the liquid i pull the funnel out of the cake that way it fills the entire hole. now get your instant vanilla, mix half the milk called for, and your cool whip together. carefully spread on top of the cake, cover and chill for 2 hours. so easy and super good!

you can also do this with lime and orange if those are your flavors! just substitute your drinks.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    wow the desserts on here sound amazing... sorry I have nothing to contribute but I need to save this in my topics!
  • lisao62
    lisao62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    402247_163728540406908_100003092893710_236891_2138377341_n.jpg My Simple Oreo fudge cake.
    2 packs of regular Oreos.
    2 packs of chocolate sponge mixture (plus the ingredients the package tells you to add)
    One tub of Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Icing/frosting.
    Icing sugar & margarine/butter to make a buttercream filling (I don't measure, just make as much as you need to fill the middle of the cake.

Cook the cake, leave to cool & then slice it in half (or bake it in two halfs)
    Make the oreo butter cream, crush up 1 pack & half a pack of Oreos, mix butter/margarine with icing sugar then add cushed oreos& s TBLSP of the Better Crocker fudge & mix in.
    Spread the oreo butter on to one of the cake halfs, then sandwich the cake together.
    Cover the whole thing in the rest of the Betty Crocker fudge & then decorate the cake with the remaining oreos.

This cake is amazing, rich & can serve up to 25 people.
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    e7d0947b669f41a2884adb3171abc947_7.jpg
    my simple strawberry cheesecake.

Digestive biscuits (UK) or Graham Crackers (UK) as many as you think you'll need.
    2 250gram tubs of cream cheese
    1 large tub of Strawberry (or any flavour) yoghurt
    & matching fruit to decorate.

Crush all the biscuits/crackers & make an even base in single dessert dishes or a large dish.
    Mix the cream cheese with the yoghurt & layer it over the biscuit base
    top with chopped fruit & leave in the fridge for 3 hours to set.
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    *Graham crackers (US). I meant to say.
  • jrbourdon
    Options
    bump
  • althea22000
    althea22000 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    One of my family's fave that's quick and easy is Angel Food Cake with Strawberries and Cool Whip.

1 angel food cake
    1 pint of fresh strawberries sliced
    1 tsp of sugar
    1 container cool whip light thawed

Mix sugar with strawberries and let sit for about a half hour.
    Slice Angel Food Cake into 8 pieces and top with strawberries and cool whip.
    Serve immediately.

According to the recipe tool, its about 202 calories per serving.
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    hello, could I have the chocolate recipe please? thank you, regards Margie
  • BLCALONGE1
    Options
    Look at Sparkrecipes.com. They have one on there that I have made a couple of times. It's a easy, low cal cherry cheese cake and it is so good. Hope this helps ya
    :
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    thank you
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    BETTER THAN SEX CAKE

3 Points 24 Servings

1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
    10 oz. Diet Coke
    1 egg white
    6 oz. FF Caramel ice cream topping
    7 oz. RF or FF condensed milk
    1 c. Heath Bar bits (found by the choc. chips)
    1 container FF Cool Whip

Preheat oven to temperature stated on cake mix box. Grease a 9” x 13” baking dish.

In a large bowl, combine cake mix, egg white and diet soda.

Bake as directed on box. (Diet soda cake takes less time to bake than regular cake, so check after 20 minutes for doneness).

During the last few minutes of baking, place caramel and condensed milk in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring until smooth.

Take cake out of oven, and poke holes all over the top. Pour caramel mixture over warm cake, filling in the holes.

Sprinkle Heath bits over the top, reserving some for the top. Cool completely.

Cover with Cool Whip and sprinkle with remaining heath bits.

Keep cool in fridge until ready to serve.

Okay this is going to be my birthday cake to me.:wink:
    Do you know the calorie's?

don't worry about the calories just enjoy...lol (you can put it into the calorie calculater) I like to add ice cream fudge topping along with the caramel. be sure the hole are large enough to soak up the condensed milk, I use the handle to a wooden spoon. I also just pour the mild over the cake no heating it up or mixing it with the caramel although that sounds like it would work or better yet make caramel out of the condensed milk and just use that...hummm my mind is working.
    You can take the can of condensed milk and put it in boiling water for a time to make caramel out of it. I'll have to go look up that recipie...mercy this cake is the bomb
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump