Would you go back???

Options
Warmbloodwear
Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
Hi All...

I was wondering if anyone else has gone to the store and bought something and noticed when the got home with there heep of groceries that they weren't charged for something?

I had this happened to me yesterday (of all things it was a bunch of parsley. I had 2 he charged me for 1) and I went back today and paid the .89 and the store was astonished but grateful... it happens:laugh:

Anyone else done this lol or not :laugh:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    No way. I would not. :glasses:
  • jonbobfrog
    Options
    Maybe not for an .89 cent item. But certainly for a larger monetary amount.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go back. It all balances out, in my eyes. I've had times I've paid for things and got home to realise I've left them behind, and I've had items priced wrongly so I'm paying a bit more than what it said on the shelf, but I don't argue those either.

Unfortunately, errors in my favour rarely happen.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Well, I was shopping at victoria secret and realized that the amount I was charged was really under what I was expecting, I realized that they'd forgotten to charge one of the bras... I was still in the store waiting for my friends and guilt got the best of me, I told them of their mistake and so paid for the bra.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You could have paid for it the next time you were shopping.

Although personally I don't go over my receipt line by line, so I wouldn't have known anyway.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    How many times have you been overcharged for items that you missed? I bet more often than they forget to charge you. I was charged for two bags of cat food the other day about 18 bucks extra and i didnt notice till i got home and looked at my reciept.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You could have paid for it the next time you were shopping.

Although personally I don't go over my receipt line by line, so I wouldn't have known anyway.

This ^^
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    No way, free stuff is free stuff, however it happens :wink:
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    No way, free stuff is free stuff, however it happens :wink:

^^
    So true!

:laugh: I could have gone another time or just forgot about it... I felt guilty cause I knew I guess :blushing:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    How many times have you been overcharged for items that you missed? I bet more often than they forget to charge you. I was charged for two bags of cat food the other day about 18 bucks extra and i didnt notice till i got home and looked at my reciept.

In that case, I would go back and get my money back. I would also pay for something that I brought home that I hadn't paid for.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Well..

I make sure that I am charged correctly for items, so yes, I would have gone back and paid for it.

For the people who said "A free item is a free item" - well, it isn't really "free" when they have to raise prices to account for the items that are being stolen (and yes, it is stealing...) from the store. Stores have to pay for that inventory and they count on the money they get for selling it in order to keep their prices steady. When items come up missing - they have to raise the prices to make up the difference.

I wasn't charged for a 96 cent pack of gym once and I went back to the store and paid for it.
  • psiren28
    Options

For the people who said "A free item is a free item" - well, it isn't really "free" when they have to raise prices to account for the items that are being stolen (and yes, it is stealing...) from the store. Stores have to pay for that inventory and they count on the money they get for selling it in order to keep their prices steady. When items come up missing - they have to raise the prices to make up the difference.

A lot more stuff gets thrown away because it's gone bad than gets 'given' away by accident. I'm sure the occasional cashier ****-up isn't affecting prices as much as this :/
    Stealing is intentionally taking something without paying for it. Realising something hasn't been charged once you get home isn't stealing. If it makes you feel better to go all the way back and pay, fair enough. Me? I'm not losing any sleep over it :/

edit: that word that's blanked out isn't half as rude as you'd think. It's another name for a chicken :/
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    thor1god1of1awesome Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt for so such an inexpensive iten. Now if it was like 10 bucks or so then yeah i would.
  • rwattson
    Options
    Over the 89 cents I wouldn't have known! I rarely scrutinize my receipts that closely but if I had seen it and I was in the parking lot, yes. If I hadn't seen it till home I would have left it alone. I usually have three kids with me when I shop so it wouldn't be worth the money.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm too lazy. But if they were to give me too much change I would definitely give it back so the drawer isn't out of balance when they close it out.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    A mom and pop store. Yes, Walmart, nah.
  • PinkGoth
    PinkGoth Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If i was still in the shop when i realised i would most likely pay for it. But if i had got all the way home, no way!

Like others have said, the times i have been overcharged and not gone back, i see it as karma! :bigsmile:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    No definitely not. I recently went to a store to buy the bare minerals get started kit (61 dollars). The lady accidentally rang up just the foundation that came with it (27 dollars). So I got a $61 dollar kit for 27 dollars. I wasn't going to say anything! Maybe that's bad but oh well.

And I agree with the poster above. I've bought several cans of tuna before that are bad (gummy) when I open them. Too lazy to drive back to the store so I just throw them away. It evens out.
  • psiren28
    Options
    No definitely not. I recently went to a store to buy the bare minerals get started kit (61 dollars). The lady accidentally rang up just the foundation that came with it (27 dollars). So I got a $61 dollar kit for 27 dollars. I wasn't going to say anything! Maybe that's bad but oh well.

Nice one :wink:
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Hi All...

I was wondering if anyone else has gone to the store and bought something and noticed when the got home with there heep of groceries that they weren't charged for something?

I had this happened to me yesterday (of all things it was a bunch of parsley. I had 2 he charged me for 1) and I went back today and paid the .89 and the store was astonished but grateful... it happens:laugh:

Anyone else done this lol or not :laugh:

Wow...Karma is everything!!!! I applaud you.