Options

Replies

• Chaquilas
    Chaquilas Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    As long as its free I will be here
  • ShrinkingChelle
    Options
    I have been mentally preparing myself for this idea for a the last few weeks. I'm on the home stretch... under 40 lbs to go. BUT the statistic on people who REGAIN significant weight lost are disgusting. 95% of people who lose significant weight regain it!

So I've been prepping for the idea of switching to maintenance once I reach my goal. I think this will actually be more important than losing the weight itself.

Aiming to become part of a 5% success rate is scary...

I am part of that 95% I was 145, down to 115, then 4 years later back up to 160 so I think this time I will stick with MFP so I dont have to be part of that 95% again.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Im only here till I get bored
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    As soon as there's a better tool available.
  • flyawaybyebye
    Options
    I've been at goal (and below it) for over 6 months now and I'm still here. If I can find a better tool for monitoring my calories and my exercise, I may switch, but while MFP isn't perfect, it suits my needs well enough for now.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I will continue to use it
  • kludgood
    kludgood Posts: 172
    Options
    Never ever!! as long as its here I'm here. Even if they were to charge I would pay a (reasonable) price to still use this site. It's helped me so much
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'll continue using MFP.... it's always good to see what you put in your body, etc... I've made wonderful friends here... and I'll definitely stick around to continue encouraging others to do their best.
  • barbiebarkley
    Options
    i will always be on here!!!
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I am going to stay on MFP after I reach my goal. I have wonderful friends here and I am more addicted to the social aspect than facebook.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I would stay simply for the friends I've made here... and I also like posting my successes (and even failures) and getting feedback from others on it. :)
  • KristinLeAnn252
    KristinLeAnn252 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'll keep using it until I'm comfortable with knowing how many calories I need to intake/burn for maintenance. In other words, a LONG while!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    It may sound crazy, but losing weight is the easy part, continuing to eat a severely restricted diet for the rest of my life is the real challenge.

While a normal sized healthy woman might be able to eat their 2,000 calorie maintenance without logging every last thing on here, for the "little people" like me to eat only 1400 a day at maintenance, I still have to weigh and log everything otherwise it's very easy to eat just that bit too much without realising it.
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Until they charge for it. I'm doing P90X at the moment and keep wondering what Tony Horton will look like when he's 75!!
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    The question misses the mark. Actually the question is why would you stop using MFP? Reaching your goal is only one aspect. Maintaining your goal is equally important. This shouldn't be treated as a fad or new quickie diet technique. Its a lifestyle best supported by the friends and the plethora of information and tips available here. I promise you that those who reach their goal and abandon MFP will become unfit and unhealthy recidivist. Moreover, you aren't taking full advantage of the lasting, supportive friendships if you can leave so easily.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I've been on a 90 day experiment to try to loosen the training wheels and prepare me for life without MFP. I have been flat logging my calorie burns at 600 (400 for Yoga and 150 for stretch days) and I have been eating strictly to the P90X nutrition plan. While I have been logging my food, I have noticed that no matter how I mix and match the food within the nutrition plan, I am hitting within 100 calories +/- of my net calorie goal and my macros have come out almost every week around 40P/40C/20F...

So...if I end up my latest hybrid round of P90X/Insanity at or near my new goal weight of 160 and I have cut my body fat closer to where I want to be, then I know what I have been doing has been working and I can start the process of letting go of MFP. I don't want to do this logging forever. It's a pain in the *kitten*.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Probably never. I like this place too much, and I like staying committed to eating right and talking to the people on here :)
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I tried to stop logging during maintenance once, and gained back 9lbs. I wouldn't suggest it, LOL. I'm not maintaining again but still logging.
  • marylouise123
    marylouise123 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Never... I love MFP.. I have only been on here for 3 weeks this coming Monday.. I have made some great friends & we all encourage each other.. I have along journey ahead of me with over 100 pounds to lose.. But I will stay long after I reach my goal so I can maintain & encourage other people.. I love that.. Best move I ever made was joined MFP.. Its been a lifesaver for me.. Good luck to you all...
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    As long as it's here I'll log.:drinker:

Same here! !!!:bigsmile: