a healthy diet and exercise...which is hardest for you?

Options

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I like exercising. I don't eat hugely unhealthily naturally, but I refuse to give up occasional chocolate, wine or pringles. Nor bread.
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Exercise! I live in the warm Florida sun and I just want to sit in the sun and read my kindle! I am sooooo lazy!
  • cryspetstalerson
    Options
    Normally i can get myself out of bed and do some kind of exercise or other.. even if im too lazy to do a cardio workout i can jump on the exercise bike and slowly peddle for like 4 hours while watching tv.. So its rare that i dont burn atleast like 400 calories a day..

But the eating healthy, as hard as i try i just cannot do! =/

^^^^^This^^^^^^

Right now eating healthy is the hardest for me. If I want to work out, I can get on my stationary bike. and watch some T.V.
    I am still getting used to eating fresh foods, and watching my calories, and all that fun stuff.
    Plus my husband and I have a schedule worked out. On days he gets off early, we are going to the park, and while my daughter plays on the playground, I run laps, around it, or from one point to another.
    Other than that I do Zumba a lot, which is fun!@! So again the eating healthy is harder for me.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    The food. I can find the motivation for workouts. It's become second-nature to me. But eating less is the hardest part.
  • ruthnor
    ruthnor Posts: 35
    Options
    Exercise. I love junk food, but it was surprisingly easy for me to adjust to eating in moderation while throwing in some healthier choices. However, I'm soooo lazy, sometimes it's hard for me to shove myself out of bed and go do something active. ;P
  • shine_
    shine_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Fitting exercise (especially varied exercise) into my days is the hardest in one sense because though I have played some sports growing up it hasn't been a regular thing for many, many years and I feel guilty no matter how I divide my day - if I take time out of my studies I feel guilty for not studying, and if I take exercise time out to study I feel guilty about that too so the balance between the two is hard for me. On the other hand I just feel like I can't let it be the reason I don't look after myself anymore because yes right now I'm studying really hard to be a lawyer, but before that I studied really hard to be able to go to law school, and when I am done I will have to study and work hard to train as a lawyer - so to wait for things to calm down before I start this journey is useless, because then I'd never start!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Exercise!

I have always been a pretty healthy eater. I love veggies, am really good about preparing meals ahead of time and looking up new and interesting ways to cook things.

Exercise, though, requires motivation that I don't seem to have. I'm trying to be better, and setting small goals has helped me get my butt to the gym three times last week. I'm hoping for another victory like that this week!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Food is the hardest for me. I love being outdoors and going on long runs or rides are definitely my favorite things to do so exercise comes easy now.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Exercise.
    Im fat and lazy, so I never really feel like exercising.

me too!

Me 3.
  • NiallWallace
    NiallWallace Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Food.

I have withdrawl symptoms if I don't cycle (either road or MTB), put food near me and it will be eaten.
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Exercise is harder for me, only because of the timing and everything else. Making healthy eating choices has become MUCH easier!
  • crysmcd1
    Options
    i would have to say exercise is the most difficult but food is a close second. i am an emotional eater... food is always the center of a celebration and its also always been my comfort when im down. so changing that and becoming more active have been challenging.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    The diet is harder, definitely. I think it would kill me if I couldn't exercise. I would go certifiably insane! Even at my heaviest, I was a regular exerciser. When I've had illnesses/injuries that necessitated a break from working out, not being able to exercise made me feel like a caged animal.

Eating healthy isn't that hard for me either, I just tend to eat too much in general. I think I have a handle on that now, though.
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Eating a healthy diet is hardest for me. I grew up with an Italian father, so every night was pastapastapasta. Right now, I'm living with my grandparents, and my grandma's an old Kansas woman. She likes every thing country-fried. And my grandpa's basically a carnivore so there's a lot of meat. Went from one extreme to the next. And myself, I'm working a part-time job, trying to save up for college, so I can't spend a lot of money buying all the healthy things I would love to have instead of what we normally eat.

But, I do try to get healthier foods. I'll go to Whole Foods and grab those salad shakers so I can bring them with me to work for my lunches ($4 salad shaker sure beats spending $8 at the mall Subway). I do little things like that to help me out. So far it's worked.

Luckily, exercising is the easy part for me. Like today is my 'rest day' yet I'm still craving to go work out, haha.

Work in progress.
  • HeikkiLaukkanen
    HeikkiLaukkanen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The diet is harder, definitely. I think it would kill me if I couldn't exercise. I would go certifiably insane! Even at my heaviest, I was a regular exerciser. When I've had illnesses/injuries that necessitated a break from working out, not being able to exercise made me feel like a caged animal.

Eating healthy isn't that hard for me either, I just tend to eat too much in general. I think I have a handle on that now, though.

Yep this is me.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Exercise is a cinch for me--problem is that being small means I don't burn much and I LOVE LOVE LOVE good food. Boo.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Exercise is harder for me because I tend to adhere to a rather strict routine, and I don't always have time to fit in the exercise.
  • christina571
    Options
    I find it harder to eat healthy foods than to exercise. I've been exercising for a while, so I'm used to it. However, I used to only exercise three times a week, and now I exercise every day. I make sure to set aside a time of day to get some sort of exercise in.

Now food is harder because I LOVE sweets and carbs. It's so hard to say no ...:grumble:
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Definitely food. I want peanut butter and snickers bars and bread and cookies and cupcakes allllllllllllllll the damn time.
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Definitely excercise. I find it boring and I'd much rather do anything else. I love swimming, but it's winter and there's no where to go to swim. It's just about the only excercise I enjoy. *sighs*

But I'm managing to lose without doing too much excercising so I won't complain!