a healthy diet and exercise...which is hardest for you?

Options

Replies

• MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    The diet is the hardest, because I refuse to put as much into that.
    I love exercise - hate dieting.
  • KrystalLight03
    Options
    Eating healthy is definitely the hardest part for me. I have the palette of a four year old, so it's been hard to detract from my typical diet of chicken nuggets, corn dogs, mac & cheese, and PB&J sandwiches. I've created this self-imposed challenge to try one new thing every time I go to the grocery store, and today it was salad. I grimaced the whole way through it, but I'm hoping it will become an acquired taste like I developed with strawberries after a few tries.

When it comes to exercise, I find that the first initial visit is the hardest, but then I just get this urge to work out all the time...until I can't go for a few days, and then it's hard to get back into it again. I'm currently on a three day streak of working out and I'm making a gym schedule with a friend, so I'm really hoping I stick with it.
  • tegla
    tegla Posts: 132
    Options
    exercise is hardest... ugh
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Healthy diet is sometimes a challenge. I LOVE to run!
  • toniandrws
    toniandrws Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Exercise...I have to make myself do it, I never just want to do it.
  • kelley_lynn
    kelley_lynn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    The hardest, for me as to be diet, My diet change is better... and will get better, *maybe*... Exercise as come so much easier. When i stop it hates me, but while i keep moving its easier :)
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I love food. In an intimate way. Eating healthy isnt bad. I like veggies and fruit, but sometimes i just want to smash out a bag of chips or a whole pizza. Exercise is heavenly and I dont drive so it is not at all uncommon for me to walk a good 5-10 miles a day, before I even hit the gym.
  • sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm doing awesome with exercise since joining this site. I have some awesome friends who motivate me to go above and beyond.
    The food is always a struggle. I don't mind eating well.. it's just how much!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    Which one is more challenging for you personally to keep up with, healthy balanced eating or exercise, and why? And where do you find the motivation to stick with it?

Hmmmm, this is a hard one. I find both are hard but they go in cycles. But I will say for right now in my life exercise is harder bc of my work schedule etc. I have to budget now so the some of classes I used to take and have fun in are out of the question....

I try to keep up because when I go even a couple days w/o exercise I feel crappy & restless. Also, I know it helps with fitness and wt so I get to fussing at myself when it is too long. I won't lie I get motivation from those here who are my friends. I love my 'live' in person friends but let's face it none of them encourage me to keep exercising!!!!!!!!
  • Havend1
    Havend1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Definitely healthy eating. I have no prob working out for hours (except that now I have back issues and need to bring it down a notch). I love food!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Interesting, the answers seem to be about 50/50. I hope that exercising will become easier for me as I shed weight and get stronger, and I'll get addicted to it (in a healthy way).
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    A 100% healthy diet is harder, however it is the key to losing!
  • c160
    c160 Posts: 1
    Options
    Exercise is the hardest for me. I have joint issues so it's pretty frustrating! :ohwell:
  • heidi2004
    heidi2004 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Exercise forsure!!! Food I'm obsessed with i could eat almot anything!!!
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    These days.... excercise. Not the cardio but the weights. Just. Can't. Seem. To get it together!!!! MUST DO MORE WEIGHTS!!!
  • FitnessDoll87
    FitnessDoll87 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Maintaining a healthy diet is the hardest thing for me. I been used to going to the gym 4-6 days a week, but I love eating out and fast food. I'm lazy when it comes to food prep, so if I don't have pre-made meals cooked in the fridge or I don't pack my lunch for work, I'm likely to eat crap....I love food so I can easily binge if I don't watch myself. This week I know I ate stuff I really shouldn't have touched.....
  • extremewinner
    extremewinner Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    A healthy diet!! Before joining MFP I lost a good 8 pounds from being a couch potato to working out five times a week minimum an hour at my colleges gym but controlling my eating and choosing heatlhy stuff.. oh boy! Main factors are probably...
    *Family never ate healthily
    *Used to being comforted by food
    *Love to cook

=)
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    diet. i looooove food.
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    The exercise is much harder for me!! I have my eating under control, I just cant get myself motivated to get my butt moving!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    exercise for sure, I have fibromyalgia so it makes it hard to exercise at times, i usually do really well with the eating